Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$77
  • Breakfast included
US$194
  • Restaurant
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Bar/Lounge
US$161
US$145
Travelocity
  • Room Service
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$80
2,110 results
All reviewsbusiness class roomtrouser presstop floorbusiness hotelcity centrebusiness tripgreat businesstram stopbreakfast buffet ishotel is modernstandard roombusiness districtchecking inpublic transportclose to the airportmini bartaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2008

If you are looking for the best rooms, a very charming staff, and some sports facilities, this hotel is an excellent choice. I can definitely recommend it. The restaurant dinner is too expensive but no worries, a couple of great cheap italian and asian restaurants are within walking distance. The breakfast is also expensive but just fantastic. If you prefer a more simple breakfast there's coffee and a little croissant for a moderate price. I stayed here before and I can just say : great place. If they either lower the dinner prices or improve the quality it'll be an absolute 5+

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 25 September 2008

Stayed at the SAS Radisson from Sept. 14-12st, 2008 and all in all it was a very nice stay. Was it a great stay....no, for the price I paid 355 Euro a night I would have expected better. The room was small, which I expected compared to North American standards but it was comfortable. However staying for a week in a room with no dresser and a closet that was maybe 8" wide was a chore. All our clothes were piled up in the room on some sort of useless bench or left in our suitcases.
I would guess at the rate we were charged this is a hotel that most guest's stay one night, so unpacking isn't a problem. The hotel is a very modern looking bulding and the colours in the room are very "chic", but as I mentioned the room itself isn't very "functional". There was a bench as I mentioned, with a shelf directly above it so you couldn't sit on the bench and the shelf was very small so you couldn't put anything on it......a waste of space in my opinion or useless. The SAS Radisson could have had a very nice dresser in this space and the room would have been fine, but what do I know about design and function, I imagine the Hotel paid some high brow snotty desinger to do the rooms and they were happy because they spent BIG money having it done. I can assure you the designer of the rooms would not stay in these same rooms as they are not functional.
Enough about the short comings on the room, the bath was almost as big as the room and very nice (maybe they could put up a shelf or two in here). The Staff was very good and very friendly (housekeeping exculded), the free high speed internet was a plus, the short walk to the Tram was just right, the Sea Food Retaurant was great (pricey), the Bar was lively. Let's get back to the House Keeping Staff, I believe these people are the reason you enjoy your stay or you don't. As such, I leave a note each morning thanking them and $ 5.00 or in this case 4 Euro. With two of use (wife & I) in the room two bath towels were not enough, so with the tip I requested extra towels. We got back to the room the first day and the tip was gone and we still only had two towels. Now let me tell you, due to the lack of "storage" our stuff was everywhere, so the House Keeping staff couldn't clean much other than the bathroom and at 4 Euro tip I was a little put off. Not only didn't we get the extra towels we requested, the bar of soap, yes "bar" of soap that was 2 x 2 wasn't replaced. Next day same thing, I left a note & tip....no extra towels and now the soap was as thin as a postage stamp and about 1/2 x 1/2". We went shopping and bought a bar of soap....nothing was replaced in our room the entire time we were there (7 nights). Once we used the instant coffee, the tea bags, I guess we were out of luck; after all we were only paying 355 Euro (525.00 US) a night!!! As I'm writing this review I'm in the Hampton Inn in Clermont, Florida at 85.00 US a night, the room is twice as big, I've got new soap, shampoo, rinse, etc. every day even though I haven't used what was in the room to begin with. I also have 6 bath towels, 4 hand towels & 4 face clothes, you get the picture....if you're expecting NA norms at the SAS Radisson, Frankfurt, forget it.
Like I stated earlier, other than House Keeping and the tight space the room was comfortable, the beds & linen were great, I slept like a baby.
As mentioned the Tram is just up the street and 4-5 stops away from the Main Station in Franfurt, the area is rather void of restaurants as mentioned in other reviews, however we walked about 50 meters up from the Tram stop to the "Familga Pizza & Pasta Restaurant" and it was one of our best meals in Frankfurt. Very nice staff, menu in German & English, great food and very well priced, worth the walk up the street.
Would we stay here next Automechanika Show in 2010.....yes, although a business friend from Italy stayed just outside of Frankfurt in a little town (30 minutes) away by train Hochiem???? And his room at the Duchmann????? Hotel was very nice, twice as large and the price 90 Euro a night...so who knows.
My wife & I love Europe and Frankfurt is one of the great cities to visit in Europe, so the Hotel room isn't a deal breaker. We're here to see the sites, enjoy the beer, the people, the food and everything a great city has to offer all we really do is sleep in the room. But you still need a bar of soap no matter what!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank C.Parsley
Reviewed 22 August 2008

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and the hotel was excellent clean, slick and well run

The Seafood resturant was superb and was akin to a london fine dining experience

100% well done radisson

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank quirky76
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Treated ourselves to a junior suite which proved very much more than impressive and comfortable in every respect.

This is a truly unique and most impressive building let down only by its less than central location in midst of a forest of nonedescript office blocks.

We therefore ate at the hotel for evening meal, which was perfectly high standard and fairly priced for the standard provided one resisted the 'inflate the bill' blandishments of the very pleasant and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jdboyd
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Everything is great except the location. Their breakfast spread is amazing and the quality of food is excellent. The staff provides the most excellent service to their hotel guests from their smile, their professionalism and their courtesy. My first trip to Frankfurt was memorable partly because of this hotel and the staff that made it happen.

• Stayed: June 2008