“A breath of fresh air”

INNSIDE by Melia Frankfurt Niederrad
Ranked #21 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I picked this hotel for its location in regards to the office that I was visiting in frankfurt. On arrial I was taken aback by the design of the reception\lobby area. I looked very moden. They have an array of hanging lights that change colour right over the reception and its just one of thoese things that makes you stop and just think 'thats different'.

After a very quick checking, I went upto a very clean and well set out bedroom. Now the one this that is a bit strange is the postion of the shower cubicle in this room (and i have been told they are all the same). There is not a bathrrom as such but more just one big room. The plus point of this is that you can watch the T.V while in the shower :-).

I eat in the restraunt that night and the staff were very nice and fast as well. The food was top notch.

I did end up cutting my trip short. This was nothing to do with the hotel but more that I have finished what I needed to do quicker then I had estmiated. I have done this at many hotels in the past and had issues cancelling my booking for the remaining nights. I had no such issues here. The staff were very helpful and arranged a taxi for me as well.

If you are in this area, I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed here for one night during our trip to Austria as a sleep over. Very modern business hotel with clean and modern rooms. Nice and cosy bar and excellent breakfast. It's an excellent choice as hotel for a city trip during the weekend or as a sleep over for a long trip besides it's main purpose as business hotel during the week.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This is a very friendly hotel with a stylish design. The array of colourful lights in the reception area, and the free standing glass shower cubical in the middle of the rooms means the hotel has a very novel feel. Staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and the best part of the breakfast is the fresh fruit, better than in any restaurant I have been to. It's about a 5-10 min drive to downtown Frankfurt and so is very well located. Also has a free minibar. You would only stay here for business though, it's not a family hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2007

The InnSide is a very stylish and modern design hotel in Frankfurt.

It's a really nice place if you need to stay for business in the Niederrad area, probably not if you want to spend time in downtown Frankfurt (but you can quite easily get there by cab or public transport). It's quite close to the airport too.

The room while small (and too grey in my opinion) is very modern with an open bathroom/shower area. Wired Internet is free (not wireless) and you have free pay-TV.

The breakfast is quite good, the bar is open late and the cocktails and long drinks are OK, but the red background color burns your eyes late at night.

I would rank it at the same level as the NH which is 2 minutes away and better than the Novotel (10 minutes away).

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank nico_ch
Reviewed 26 October 2007

The Innside hotel is a uber modern hotel in a business district outside Frankfurt. Perfectly suited to business people, but as tourists with a car, it suited us fine.

It's space-theme modernist decor is stunning, and although the rooms are small (like most hotels in Europe) the ingenious use of the space is spectacular.

Service is perfectly Germanic, and everything works. We love travelling in Germany for the same reasons we buy German cars, everything works as it should. Perhaps that's why British hotels are erratic and rusty; Japanese hotels are clever but tiny, American hotels are flashy and poorly assembled......

The Innside hotels we've stayed in certainly reinforce this line of thought.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mozza47
Reviewed 11 October 2007

Best hotel I've ever stayed in. An expensive hotel, very chic and modern, but at a bargain price - $75 a night excluding breakfast, on the weekend. The taxi ride from the airport was 18 Euros and the subway ride back was 3.90 Euros directly to the aiport terminal 2 from 2 blocks from the hotel. The subway system was a great way to get into the city proper or the Haupbahnhof from the hotel at a minimum of effort and price. The room was superior in everyway and the staff helpful. The bar was great at night, and the area was quiet as it is really the business section with no residences within a two block radius. We tried the breakfast buffet one morning (30 Euros for 2 of us) and it was fairly sumptuous in the German manner (meat, meat, meat). And the fitness center - though no pool - was fantastic. Sauna, steam room, some fitness equipment, great showers, and a massage area or just a lounge. Makes a trip to Frankfurt worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mccolleen
Reviewed 9 September 2007

I needed a convenient hotel for a long layover between Lufthansa and Condor. I just wanted some place convenient to the FRA airport and a reasonable rate. Since I was traveling as a 'single' and only 18 hours in the city, I wasn't interested in seeing the sights. Innside Hotel was the right answer for me. However, I forgot my confirmation sheet and had a horrible time trying to find the location from the airport info desk to give to the taxi driver (my stupid fault). But it was well worth it! Lovely quiet hotel with stellar design. I wouldn't recommend it for a family or even a couple since the room is fairly compact (i.e., small). The bathroom/shower is part of the bedroom - open concept. Toilet is in small type closet. Location would be horrible for sight seeing but would be fantastic for a business traveler with business in that location. I walked about two blocks and found a great yuppie high-end grocery store. Bought all sorts of sausages, wine and goodies and had a picnic in my room! Oh, I only paid 75 Euros/night but I think it was a 'weekend' rate. I tried to get the same rate for my return flight and it was considerably higher!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo