“The hotel itself is good, but the location is uncomfortable”

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport
Ranked #150 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is my second stay in that hotel. I find it good, clean and people are friendly. Its only disadvantage is its location. Not easy to reach with public transport (far from tram/bus station), rather far from Frankfurt Airport (but they offer a shuttle bus for extra payment (which is anyway cheaper than taxi or public transport) on all days except Saturday. I was there on Saturday... :-)) ) and - the worst - the planes were landing over the roof. (Interesting: first time it was really calm there... Did I have bad luck this time, and the wind was from other side?)

Conclusion: if you need a rather cheap, simple but clean hotel to sleep before you fly somewhere, this is a good option. But keep in mind location and lannding planes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Firstly, impossible to find. No clear entrance and difficult to find where to park your car.

Bad start.

14 Euro a night to park. Meh.

I real youth hostile feel to the place. Smells odd. Looks cheap. Not best pleased. Twin room with beds touching each other. Not getting any better.

The final straw... The 'premium' internet.

We couldn't connect to the internet despite the easy instructions for room number and family name. I tried to find the welcome pack to ring reception to ask about the internet. No welcome pack. OK, it must have the numbers on the phone? No. I walk down to reception, English is poor. She gives me a cheap 5cm piece of paper with further instructions how to connect to the internet with a number to call if this does not work. Well guess what, the instructions didn't work. I try calling the number from the phone. This does not work. I call reception to advise her the phone cannot call the number. She says ok, wait 5 minutes and I will get them to call you back.....

15 minutes later, nothing. I call reception again, complain - she says the same again. This time the number calls me right back (did she ignore me the first time and not even call the help number?)

So, after wasting another 15 minutes of my time I finally connect to the internet. I chose for the 'premium rate' internet as I'm here for 4 days on business. If this is 'premium rate', I would hate to see what the usual connection is like.

By the way, this is my first negative review and also my first night. I am so frustrated I had to write this before I have even had one night sleep.

I hate to think what the rest of the week is going to hold...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferg F
Reviewed 9 September 2012

For an overnight stay at Frankfurt Airport, this Hotel is perfect and reasonably priced.
The breakfast is excellent, as are all of the facilities.
The Hotel is just a few minutes from the Airport, has a shuttle service, so is very convenient for transit travellers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst moving from the UK to Munich. Initially the hotel was a little hard to find but we were only relying on printed maps rather than a sat nav,

Parking is round the back of the hotel and cost approximately €10 per night. The area seems fairly safe as we went for a walk around the streets near the hotel after having checked in and never felt unsafe at any point,

The room was in fairly decent condition and everything worked. Same goes for the bathroom. The bed wasn't the last word in luxury but was certainly adequate after a long day on the road. I can't comment on food as we paid room-only. Air-conditioning was a godsend as it was a stuffy night,

Check in and check out were both very efficient and with a smile,

Overall I would probably stay here again if I got as low a deal as I had done this time round, but if no special deals were being offered I would stay elsewhere in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Enough for one night, between flights. Calm location. I asked for the hotel shutle, so didn't had to get a taxi, confortable and cheap, two trips cost me 10 euros for two persons. Not a very good service at night at the hotel, but fair. No minibar in my room, so I had to come to the restaurant to get some drinks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is not near the airport like the name suggests! It will cost you 19 Euro by cab to get to the airport, so factor the extra cost and time before you book. The rooms aren't bad for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CraigECU
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the second time for the Bruce Springsteen concert. Its the IDEAL hotel for the stadium as its just a walk to get there, NO traffic or parking problems. I have read other reviews of this hotel. My view, ITS LOVELY, I highly recommend it. The rooms are nice, especially the top floor, they have a nice view over a sports ground. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Its a very short train ride from the city centre, costing just 2.5 Euro's. I would stay here even if I needed to be in the city centre, its lovely and peaceful. The breakfast is not great, but its GOOD, its enough and nice. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family