“Hard to find. Reception was the worst!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport
Ranked #143 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Orlando, Florida
“Hard to find. Reception was the worst!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Was hard to find. Once we did the reception was the worst. We reserved 4 rooms. We were met with lots of rudeness and eye rolling. When we asked questions we were given very rude answers. The rooms however were very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yaellul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
west midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed here for a night, when i booked in the reception was great, however as i went up to my room which was based on the 5th floor opposite the lift, which meant it was noisy, and then there was a cigarette burn on the curtain, and musty, so i spoke to the receptionist who was very helpful and changed my room, and infact upgraded me for the inconvienance. The "suite" was a big, and spacious, but again dont expect the Ritz.

I ate in the restauarnt which is "OK" again not the greatest, but as i was hungry i had to eat something.

This hotel is more of a budget hotel, more for back packers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

A very good hotel value for money with a more than average restaurant. Very convenient location, close to train station so to go to city center. I would definitely stay again, because the price was low enough. The only drawback was the "poor" breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Because of the remote location of this hotel It is only recommendable if you either have a car or use their shuttle (which does not operate on weekends and which you have to book no less than 24 hours in advance) This place is really hard to find and is far away from any public transport so this is the major disadvantage. That being said the hotel itself is really nice. I cannot complain as I got an upgrade to a suite as my TV wasn't working and I needed a kettle and a bathtub and the only way he could accommodate me was to offer me a suite which was, of course, lovely. Only book if transport is not an issue for you and if you can ring 24 hours before and book the shuttle.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I found this hotel to be great......staff were very friendly.....the only downside was that I just had some annoying people on my floor....but i could not fault this place. It might not be in the best location but it worked for me....the one thing i loved was standing out on my balcony and watching the thunderstorm roll over the city.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Heartagram666
Hamburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is my second stay in that hotel. I find it good, clean and people are friendly. Its only disadvantage is its location. Not easy to reach with public transport (far from tram/bus station), rather far from Frankfurt Airport (but they offer a shuttle bus for extra payment (which is anyway cheaper than taxi or public transport) on all days except Saturday. I was there on Saturday... :-)) ) and - the worst - the planes were landing over the roof. (Interesting: first time it was really calm there... Did I have bad luck this time, and the wind was from other side?)

Conclusion: if you need a rather cheap, simple but clean hotel to sleep before you fly somewhere, this is a good option. But keep in mind location and lannding planes.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Firstly, impossible to find. No clear entrance and difficult to find where to park your car.

Bad start.

14 Euro a night to park. Meh.

I real youth hostile feel to the place. Smells odd. Looks cheap. Not best pleased. Twin room with beds touching each other. Not getting any better.

The final straw... The 'premium' internet.

We couldn't connect to the internet despite the easy instructions for room number and family name. I tried to find the welcome pack to ring reception to ask about the internet. No welcome pack. OK, it must have the numbers on the phone? No. I walk down to reception, English is poor. She gives me a cheap 5cm piece of paper with further instructions how to connect to the internet with a number to call if this does not work. Well guess what, the instructions didn't work. I try calling the number from the phone. This does not work. I call reception to advise her the phone cannot call the number. She says ok, wait 5 minutes and I will get them to call you back.....

15 minutes later, nothing. I call reception again, complain - she says the same again. This time the number calls me right back (did she ignore me the first time and not even call the help number?)

So, after wasting another 15 minutes of my time I finally connect to the internet. I chose for the 'premium rate' internet as I'm here for 4 days on business. If this is 'premium rate', I would hate to see what the usual connection is like.

By the way, this is my first negative review and also my first night. I am so frustrated I had to write this before I have even had one night sleep.

I hate to think what the rest of the week is going to hold...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business