“We call this place home base in Frankfurt when we fly in and ou”

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport
Ranked #151 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Ballina, Australia
“We call this place home base in Frankfurt when we fly in and ou”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Although over the last six years it seems as though their best days may be behind them unless they throw some cash to update rooms, we have never been able to fault the cleanliness, friendliness and service here. We have stayed here at least a dozen times and now know the local restaurants and haunts very well. It is the perfect place to be when you need to be close to the airport or train station and $5 euros per person to get you there is great value. We've found the breakfasts to be good value too. A room in the upper floors is best and try to get a room with an even number for a lovely green view.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaltwaterSchelly
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear SaltwaterSchelly ,

Thank you for your feedback. It's nice to hear that you liked our location and our friendly staff.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Frankfurt!

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Frankfurt
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The services and amenities here are terrible.

* Internet connection is slow and when I didn't connect and needed help, they told me to contact support myself. I asked them to make sure my name was spelt correctly and they said they did. When I finally go through to support, they told me hotel had spelt my name incorrectly
** When I asked for water at breakfas I was told to get it myself
*** Breakfast is very basic for this market position and compated to others local
**** Chair to high for work desk in room
*****Lumpy pillows

Just don't do it to yourself

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zachy R

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Huddersfield
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Finally catching up on some reviews from last years Bruce tour, I felt it was time to give this hotel a fair review.

Stayed here twice now and it's location, so close to the Commerzbank Arena, cannot be faulted - it's a 15 minute walk.

The hotel will provide you with a shuttle to/from the airport at a very reasonable cost and they will also book you a taxi to go to the centre of Frankfurt if you are too lazy to catch a tram.

The rooms are small, but comfortably equiped and you have to weigh up these matters when considering the price paid/facilities offered ratio. The air conditioning was fine, the rooms and hotel clean and there is a nice outside area where you can sit and eat/drink before a show.

Both times I have stayed here the hotel has made the effort to have Bruce Springsteen music playing over the house system - heaven!

Whilst there are no recreation facilities this is reflected in the price paid, and the purpose of the hotel - it's a stop-over hotel for either flying or catching a show.

Staff are efficient but NOT rude. Sometimes all this phony 'have a nice day' you get at other hotels is too much. I asked then to book me a number of taxi's - they willingly obliged. The transfer driver was waiting at Frankfurt airport on arrival. The service staff were cordial.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank springsteenisgod
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Was hard to find. Once we did the reception was the worst. We reserved 4 rooms. We were met with lots of rudeness and eye rolling. When we asked questions we were given very rude answers. The rooms however were very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yaellul
west midlands
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed here for a night, when i booked in the reception was great, however as i went up to my room which was based on the 5th floor opposite the lift, which meant it was noisy, and then there was a cigarette burn on the curtain, and musty, so i spoke to the receptionist who was very helpful and changed my room, and infact upgraded me for the inconvienance. The "suite" was a big, and spacious, but again dont expect the Ritz.

I ate in the restauarnt which is "OK" again not the greatest, but as i was hungry i had to eat something.

This hotel is more of a budget hotel, more for back packers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 1 December 2012

A very good hotel value for money with a more than average restaurant. Very convenient location, close to train station so to go to city center. I would definitely stay again, because the price was low enough. The only drawback was the "poor" breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Because of the remote location of this hotel It is only recommendable if you either have a car or use their shuttle (which does not operate on weekends and which you have to book no less than 24 hours in advance) This place is really hard to find and is far away from any public transport so this is the major disadvantage. That being said the hotel itself is really nice. I cannot complain as I got an upgrade to a suite as my TV wasn't working and I needed a kettle and a bathtub and the only way he could accommodate me was to offer me a suite which was, of course, lovely. Only book if transport is not an issue for you and if you can ring 24 hours before and book the shuttle.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business