“If the internet were better...”

Citadines City Centre Frankfurt
Netherlands
“If the internet were better...”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

New hotel in Frankfurt city centre. Actually it is an 'apart hotel' all rooms come with a kitchen. Rooms are good sized, good bed, all amenities, no separate shower, bath only. Major issue was the internet, no connection all evening, staff said it happened regularly. Too bad if you have to work. It did work the next morning... Breakfast is limited choice, but sufficient. Free coffee and tea all day, but the hotel has no bar. I do not think I will stay here next time although the room is good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thomas H, Manager at Citadines City Centre Frankfurt, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Tigerwoods100,

We are glad that you liked the size and amenities of our Apartments.

We are happy to inform you that we have started upgarding our Wifi system as of today and will soon be able to provide a better internet service.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Booked via web and when I turned up they had not pulled the booking to their system. That was 5 minutes. Then the requested room configuration was not available in the Club room as booked. Thus downgraded and the price remained the same. rrrgh. Oh but they were kind enough to keep the breakfast in- even though we had paid for it. Thanks.

The room itself looked OK but not that exciting on closer inspection. However the sleep was lousy. Firstly the bed was really hard. Then the duvet was synthetic and the room was warm despite doing our best to cool it down, including sleeping with the window wide open. The pillow was also synthetic and enveloped my head. Thus I was hot all night long, sweated like a pig, and woke many times. Not a great sleep at all.

Breakfast was served until 10 but at no point did I see it getting refreshed and simple things like orange juice were already finished and never refilled.

At check out we handed in our parking card and were told there was a problem- we hadn't paid yet- no bright spark that why we handed it to you! And 15 minutes later we were on our way. About 13 minutes that we didn't need to waste.

Oh and then there is all the construction going on.

This was a 100 euro experience max. The 187 charged was frankly far too much for a very ordinary experience. Best to avoid.

Room Tip: Look further.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thomas H, Manager at Citadines City Centre Frankfurt, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your previous stay with us. We have already written a personal email to you to address your concerns and would be happy to address any further questions that you may have.

To help us serve our customers better and to ensure a pleasant stay experience, we always encourage our residents to bring their concerns to the Duty Manager at the time when the issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that his/her concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making his/her stay with us a pleasant one. In this instance, the management of the property was unaware of the incident and we are very sorry to learn that you were left with an unpleasant experience.

We look forward to hearing from you, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got a very good room rate Euros 79 per night for an excellent product, the rooms are not serviced daily - and breakfast is Euros 12 extra

Excellent staff and brand new product - Reception staff are very professional and friendly

Street building work next to the hotel - so you need to call a taxi - front desk will call for you - the street pavement in front of hotel is not designed for the physically challenged, and there is a high kerb between road and pavement, which makes it difficult for cars / taxis to stop in front of the hotel and block all the traffic

Guestrooms are excellent - with in room safe - free WiFi - in room mini-bar fridge (empty), tea and coffee making facilities, in-room iron and ironing board

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John013
Dear John013,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will share your compliments with my colleagues. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Bassersdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My stay in the Citadines Hotel was during the fair IMEX.
For me as a buisiness guy there is nothing as worse as not having the possibility to check emails and log into my company network. Due to the fact that the entire hotel was completely book out - the WLAN was not working! So I went to the reception and asked for a better connection- which I also would pay for. The lady at the reception said that they know! that the internet is slow when fully booked, but she could not help in that case. She offered me a ethernet cable which I took. But even with that- it was not really a smooth working! Also for my privat stuff which is only on my mobile- I was not helped with that solution. Therefore I could not comunicate with friends check out what goes on arround.

I am wondering how you can open up a brand new hotel - a business hotel and not think of a better WLAN! Thats basic! Or do you argue with hot and cold water that you also offer free of charge?!

Also it is an appartement hotel! What I want in the morning is a coffee! But in the room is nothing like nescafe or something simular!

Everything else is really good in the hotel, friendly staff and all u need and ask for!
But for me I will not come again to the Citadnies as I think a propper WLAN is not that complicated and expensive for a hotel to have! And it is fact that internet is apart from a clean shower and a good and clean bed most wanted! For me at least!

• Stayed May 2014
Thomas H, Manager at Citadines City Centre Frankfurt, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your views.

I noticed that we failed to meet your expectations in certain aspects of your recent stay with us. After careful review of your concerns, I offer you my deepest apologies for having failed to give you the service all our residents expect.

Since we are constantly looking at ways to improve our services, following your feedback, I will focus my efforts to seek improvements in these areas.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to change the impression you have of us.
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived late in the evening after a long drive for one night before departing to the US. Reception at front-desk was friendly, no bar in the hotel though (needed to get to the hotel next door for my so wanted beer after the drive).

Decoration, size and lay-out of the 1BR appartment (there is also a kitchen) was very good. Room was not prepared for 4 persons, however (I would have expected that from a hotel of this standing) and upon making the bed bank ourselves we found out that the sheets were stained from the last visitors....

Back to reception we got another room, in another part and on another floor. So in the middele of the night getting our luggage and kids together to move to the new room, wich smelled as if there was recently smoked... Since it was really late and our flight was early next day we left it. Maybe this was just bad luck but as from this experience I am not sure if we will return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank P456
Thank you for your feedback.

It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. What happened was an isolated incident that day and we are very sorry that it affected your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable. We would have loved to be able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Taipei
Reviewed 14 May 2014

i went to frankfurt for a show. thus, i wanted to be at a hotel near the convention center. this was a new hotel about 5 mins walk from the fairgrounds. new hotel, free internet, nice amenities, good location, across a shopping mall. great great great! i think so too. but here's the catch. there is not housekeeping services. so if you are here for a week, expect to use the same towel, take out your own trash, and make your own bed. for me, it was quite unbearable as i love throwing my bathroom towels on the ground after use. that is why i stay at a hotel!!! nonetheless, im told this is an "apartment" hotel. anyways, i wish management can do something about this. i am willing to pay usd 10 more daily so housekeeper can come and make my room/tak my trash/clean my room,etc. management can take a vote on this and see the consensus from most guests. aside from that, i really enjoy my stay there. they need to change this policy and i will be a very loyal customer there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
thomas_hummel, Manager at Citadines City Centre Frankfurt, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities. We hope to see you again.

The Management of Citadines City Centre Frankfurt
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in March. There were four of us, so staying here avoided having to take two rooms in a typical hotel. Great accommodation, clean, efficient service. The included breakfast was actually very good, very fresh, and went late into the morning for us late risers. The mall across the street has a small grocery store so you can buy whatever you need for the kitchen. Excellent location for trade shows which are just a short walk away. Good access to transit to see the rest of Frankfurt. Would definitely stay here again as a family. For two, you might find something with more character closer to Roemer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark W
Dear Mark W,

Thank you for staying with us and your warm words. We hope to welcome you back to us soon.