“Not bad, service is hit and miss though”
Review of The Pure

The Pure
Ranked #36 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Not bad, service is hit and miss though”
Reviewed 9 February 2008

Stayed one night on business and was upgraded which was nice.The welcome drink was a great touch and the front desk were professional and quick.

Room had an LCD TV hanging on the wall which is de rigeur these day in most design hotels. Bed had good quality linen and even though the room was on the 1st floor and the hotel was quite close to the station, it was relatively quiet.

Robes were available but the sizing was all room. Ok if you are a petite size 8 female but not if are a male taller than 5ft 5 and weigh more than 10 stone.

Although my room was on the first floor, I didn't seem to be able to pick up a wifi signal either.It would have been nice to be able to plug into an Ethernet point.

In terms of location the hotel is not far from the city centre - about 15 minutes walk and very close to the station.

Places to eat around the hotel are quite limited and there is no evening restaurant service either.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2007

I stayed two nights at the Pure on business. On check -in the staff were welcoming and efficient. They also helped to track down the mobile phone that I'd left in the taxi!

The public areas are stylish with a minimalist / ambient feel. The bedrooms were similar but slightly too minimal. It could be me, but this has been done to death now; Give me some comfort any day.

However, it was what was expected from the reviews you'll find here. Overall a better experience than the other hotels in the vicinity booked by my colleagues.

• Liked — Stylish bar / public areas
  • Disliked — Sterile
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Johnny C
las vegas
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Everything about this hotel was amazing!!

We travelled from Berlin to the Pure in Frankfurt and called many times before our arrival to get directions, confirm our rooms, etc. Each time we called we spoke to Nadjya who was beyond helpful and friendly.

We arrived much later than planned (around 4am) and we exhausted when we got to the hotel. The desk clerk met us at the door, took our bags, and handed us our keys-- letting us deal w/the hassels of checking in in the morning (which was the last thing we wanted to do at 4am). Such a gesture of making us feel comfortable and recognizing our exhaustion definitely started things off on the right foot for us.

In the morning, Nadjya was there and gave us great recommendations for restaurants and sights to see.

Everything about the hotel is ultra-chic, everything very modern and white. The rooms follow the modern asthetic, but are still very comfortable and welcoming.

You have to take advantage of the morning buffet. It's complimentary, but would be worth the extra cost if there were one. There's a huge array of fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, and juices w/vodka for a breakfast cocktail.

There's also a great outdoor patio area that's perfect for having a late afternoon cocktail and relaxing before heading out to dinner. The super cool decor is carried to the patio and it has a very Miami Beach or Malibu feel. Get a drink from the hotel bar and take it out to the patio to relax.

Everything about our stay was great...especially Nadjya (she was so helpful and stopped to chat w/us whenever we passed thru the lobby). If you are travelling w/a business collegue or someone you are not comfortable sharing close quarters with, I would suggest booking two rooms. The double rooms are two beds in a room, but they are about 1/4 inch apart, if they are apart at all. It's fine, however, if you are travelling w/a close friend.

We only stayed two nights at the Pure, but I would have loved to spend more time there. It was one of my best hotel experiences ever.
I LOVE THE PURE HOTEL!! and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Frankfurt.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank berlincity
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2007

This is a very nice hotel. The hotel has a minimalist design. Very comfortable and cozy. The service is very good. The breakfast was very simple but good. It has a convenient location too.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank jarusoba
Athens
Reviewed 29 April 2007

The Pure is one of those "look good" hotels that fail to deliver on the basics of comfort. I stayed there while on a business trip for 1 night, at a rate of €160 for a single.

The staff at the check in desk (which doubles as the bar) was helpful and efficient. I was given the keycard to room 401.

My room had a single bed, and was not bigger than 15 square meters in total. A desk, a small wardrobe / cupboard, and a small bathroom with a small stand up shower only. Very basically appointed. The room was clean, and had a cool feeling, but the bed was not very comfortable, as it had no sheets, just a comforter, and the pillow was huge but uncomfortably large. The worse was that there seems to be nothing but a small sheet of wood between the rooms, and I could hear everything that went on in the next room and in the corridor.

The lobby is ultra modern and very cool. The breakfast selection was also very good.

However, I did not feel like this hotel combines coolness with the basics that a good hotel should have. I will not return.

• Liked — The white lolipop on the pillow (instead of chocolate)
  • Disliked — The poor sound insulation
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank AlbertR
Manchester
Reviewed 9 January 2007

Great Hotel, very good staff. Great for downtown Frankfurt and a 5 minute walk to the Messe.
I got a very good rate, last January, however the prices have increased quite a bit since my stay. Now about €350/night. Too expensive for me now.

• Liked — Great Design Hotel
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank TL28
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2006

My colleague and I stayed at The Pure for a single night earlier this month (June 2006), and it definitely exceeded our expectations. I'm your typical business traveller, spending as many as 100 nights on the road each year, and have simple needs when it comes to hotels: clean room, firm bed, hot shower, decent air, broadband internet, good location and reasonable price. The Pure delivers on most of those, and exceeds on some.

Upon check-in, they had offered a complementary drink, but that meant from the wide selection of orange juice and champagne. As neither of us drink champagne, we passed, and took a complementary sucker (white, of course) and proceeded to our rooms, which were conveniently adjacent to each other on the 5th floor.

The decor is spartan, but efficient, moreso than some Philippe Stark boutique hotels I've stayed in. We both had double beds in our rooms. Sorry, but can someone explain to me why so many European hotels have double beds placed right next to each other? I mean, it's not working for me if I have a woman sleeping with me, and it's not, um, comfortable if I'm sleeping next to a hairy male colleague either. Maybe it's meant for geriatric couples, but I can't see those people wanting to stay somewhere like The Pure.

The furniture is minimal, and minimalist. My colleague actually had to drag his chair into my room so that we could work together (well, and drink a bottle of duty free Scotch we toted along - much cheaper than the bar - more on that later). BTW, the wasabi nuts from the minibar kick serious ass. Not sure how much they cost us, but they were worth it. And of course, the free WiFi is a big, big plus.

Speaking of the bar, we had a drink there while awaiting our taxi. Courteous service and a great selection of Scotch, tequila and vodka. It's the only place I've seen outside of Russia to offer my favorite vodka - Russky Standart. The prices are pretty astronomic, however, especially for the good stuff. We were drinking Macallan 18 and Lagavulin 16, one glass of each set us back almost 50 euro.

Upon returning to the hotel at 4:30am, it only took a second or two for the manager to politely (almost cheerfully) open the front door for us. A welcome change from some of the smaller hotels where they give you the evil eye for waking them up at such an hour.

The beds are comfortable enough, and the shower hot, if not leaky. If that were my shower, I would probably do something to keep it from spraying water wildly in all directions, but hey, I was only staying there one night and if they don't pay their maids enough to mop up after it everyday, that's their problem.

The breakfast buffet was a nice spread served in the lobby/bar/checking area, and included everything from cold cuts to cheese to pastries to fresh fruit and yogurt. Very nice, and the waitress kept the caffeine coming, which is usually my main complaint for Euro hotels, particularly when breakfast is included.

Checkout was a painless, though bit drawn-out, process (10 minutes), but the hotel was only 5 minute walk from our destination - the main train station - so we didn't mind too much.

All-in-all, a nice experience, and I'd definitely stay there again, especially since it was around $200/night. If you're not a business traveller, you might want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business