“Modern, contemporary hotel. Conveniently located to fair grounds.”
Review of The Pure

The Pure
Ranked #32 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Had a brief 2 night stay in February for business. Was attending Ambiente at the Messe. Even though it was snowing, the short walk - about 5 minutes - was quick and relatively easy. So great location if you are attending the fair.
The hotel is very modern, which is a bonus for a frequent traveller. The room I had was a good size, but my colleague across the hall had a slightly larger room facing the street. Comfortable bed with LCD TV above large desk. Great FREE WiFi was a bonus. The bathroom was clean and fine for a single.
Breakfast was a buffet in the ground floor. It had a European style with lots of fruit, cold meats and cheeses. There was a lovely bircher muesli and some warm food like eggs and bacon. Fresh juice and coffee in abundance.
Overall a very pleasant stay and would happily stay there again if attending the fair.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2010

I thought this might be a bit too cutting edge for my dear spouse and me and they might take one look at us and put us in some annex for the not-quite-on-trend-enough guest but it was really great, especially the breakfasts. In England the odds are that no hotel will be warm enough in winter but it was very cosy. The bar was a bit quiet in the evening during the week but maybe we just went to bed too soon...

Weekend rates were surprisingly reasonable as well. A really enjoyable long weekend. I'd go back like a shot

1  Thank blue-lobster
Reviewed 18 January 2010

This is one of the best hotels we stayed at during our trip to Germany. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and our room was clean, quite roomy with a large bathroom and a balcony. The free wire-less was awesome. Breakfast was so good, with many options to choose from and high quality produce. The best part of the stay was the sauna. It is located underneath the hotel along with a shower with 2 seats and multiple nozzels- the water massages your back. This was perfect after a long day travelling in the feezing cold. I can't fault this hotel.

Reviewed 11 January 2010

We booked a mini trip to Frankfurt in December, the hotel has a great modern look to it and the staff are very welcoming. We arrived and had a complimentary drink then went up to our room; the room was a good size and was very clean.
We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the breakfast is great!!

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 10 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We arrived at The Pure late on Friday night, having booked our rooms months in advance. We were staying for the weekend (2 nights). We contacted the hotel the day before to tell them we would be arriving late. On our arrival we were met by very pleasant receptionists (2) who checked us in and provided us with our complimentary drinks. Very impressive so far. I was told my single room had been upgraded to a twin room.....how good is that? My upgraded room was on the ground floor behind the reception/bar. It was a very large room with an equally large bathroom. How lucky was I?

Not very, as it turns out!

The noise from the bar/reception was unbearable, bottles and glasses clinking and clanking, doors opening and closing all night long. People in the reception/bar enjoyed themselves laughing and talking until 3:45 a.m.. Music played all night long in the reception area. After the guests had retired for the night, work continued in the bar, trays were dropped at least twice, bottles and glassess were stocked on the shelves and the glas door to the bar creaked all night. The staff wore hard soled shoes which clomped back and forth on the tiled floors incessantly. Just before dawn the staff began preparing for breakfast, so the noise of plates, knives and forks being set out on the tables added to the cacophony of noise which I had to endure. Did I mention that I didn't sleep a wink? This room is totally unsuitable as a bedroom. The following morning I asked to be changed to another room. The receptionist was very pleasant and said that it would be no problem at all. I wonder why she didn’t ask me the reason for the room change? On the positive side, the room I was given on the fifth floor was very comfortable and quiet. It is a pity I wasn’t given this room on the first night instead of my first day in Frankfurt being marred by being in a stupor due to lack of sleep.
Room 100 aside, our stay was very pleasant, the staff were very nice as was breakfast. I would suggest to the management of The Pure that this room should only be used as a left luggage area (as it was on the day we were leaving). The revenue which they generate from this room is far outweighed by the reputational damage it generates for the hotel as a whole.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank TiredDublin
Reviewed 10 November 2009

From start to finish this was pretty much the perfect hotel experience for a quick weekend getaway. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was outstanding, and the room surprisingly comfortable for a single. The bathroom was compact but so well designed that it was more pleasurable than some other places I've stayed which had larger spaces but poor practicality. I was coming and going on the train and The Pure is ideally located for that. I enjoyed a workout in the gym but didn't try the sauna. I got a fantastic price by booking ahead directly on the Design Hotels website. I had no street noise as I saw someone wrote in another review, but my room was up on the 4th floor so maybe that made a difference. I also had flawless WiFi reception.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo