“Modern hotel with great location”
Review of The Pure

The Pure
Ranked #37 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Very trendy but impersonal. A short walk from the main train station on a quiet side road. about 20mins walk to the city centre.Very clean rooms and comfortable bath rooms. Great breakfast, fresh fruits, good choice of cheese, breads etc.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Pure

Reviewed 22 January 2011

Stayed for two nights. First night I was given a room right next to the bar and reception. At first it was fine, but I realized soon that the paper thin doors were going to be a problem. Fell asleep with noise cancellation head sets on, but woke up to an incredible amount of noise as the hotel staff were preparing breakfast in the lobby.

After breakfast, which is sparse, I expressed my wish to change rooms, and this was no problem.

Got back after my meetings, and promptly received my new room key. This time on the third floor - far away from the bar :-)

The rooms themselves are ok. Contemporary, minimalistic and white. The immediate problem was that there are no power outlets in the room. Not even at the desk, or next to the bed. So, no possibility to work and charge the phone while sleeping. I did find one behind the bed, after pulling it out from the wall, but still...

Location is good - close to the main train station. The staff is also really nice. But on my next trip, I will go back to staying at Roomers, which is on a completely different level from The Pure.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Great in design but not much else. Not only is there no food after 10p or on German holidays but they also don't even have their own kitchen. May also want to avoid The Pure if you're a geek as there are no easily accessible sockets in at least some of the rooms. The staff are very nice though, so it's probably the management that's to blame for the hotel's shortcomings.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Gekkoed
A TripAdvisor Member
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Great location, good service, comfy bed, clean restroom, interesting design and small room.

Shanna at front desk helped my setting up the pre-paid SIM card on my phone provider and with directions to the Jazz Festival (it was all in German...)

I definitely recommend, but if you are looking for a luxurious boutique hotel as found in NY or Miami, you need to keep looking...

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights for a concert in Frankfurt despite the negative reviews on TripAdvisor and, while I wasn't entirely enamoured of the place, I have to disagree with most of what the recent Aussie reviewer wrote. First of all the location is very good (2 mins from Frankfurt main station Ausgang Nordseite) and handy for the city and public transport. It isn't as seedy as some people have made out and, judging by the plethora of hotels and places to eat in the Bahnhofsviertel, it seems they are trying to do up this part of town.
Room was very nice: on the 5th floor with a small balcony overlooking rooftops and the Mainhattan skyline. Beds were VERY VERY comfortable (we overslept on both mornings) although a double bed is in fact 2 single beds pushed together so forget any decent sex! And the pillows are standard issue German ones: square and too flat so you just have to ask for extra ones.
Bathroom was a good size and had a nice powerful shower over the bath.
One gripe was the parquet floors mean every footstep / housekeeping cart in the corridor is very very noisy.
No gripes with the clock radio or the flat screen TV (and actually there are English channels -- BBC World and CNN).
What I really didn't like was the breakfast in the lobby set-up: while they have a very civilised arrangement of breakfast being served to 1 pm at the weekend it isn't good to be having breakfast in the lobby and being surrounded by people coming and going, checkin in and out etc. We enjoyed b'fast on Saturday but on Sunday by 11.00 there was very little left and no chance of replenishment, which was a bit of a let-down.
Agree that the staff were very aloof and offhand: no apologies, just "We've run out!" End of story.
Reception staff were also a mixed bag. One (Magda) started off very aloof, arrogant and unfriendly but gradually warmed up and was actually quite nice towards the end. Though beware of her directions as she sent us a VERY long way round to the station (perhaps she doesn't know her left from her right?) The other (don't know her name) was a nightmare and ought to be taken off customer-facing duties asap. Despite being checked in as a guest with all my details on file I was made to go back up to my room to get my credit card or passport (for them to keep) before I could borrow a hotel iPad. This hadn't been the case the previous night when I'd borrowed one so I asked Magda why not ("I trust our guests; my colleague follows the rules, don't take it the wrong way"). Well when I have to wait 10 mins for a lift in both directions then I do, I'm afraid.
All in all The Pure is a little too trendy for its own good and if you can get a better rate elsewhere for a central location (we paid €120 per night) do so.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theoriginalsid
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I booked this "boutique" hotel as it was located in a great central location and seemed from the write up to be a smaller, more personal hotel experience. Unfortunately the attention to detail and daily upkeep is bordering on the obsessive while the rest of the stay experience for the traveller is forgotten.

This is a very funky hotel. Its main colour palette is WHITE! The staff spend a lot of time repolishing white leather lounges each day and lining up chairs in the foyer area that doubles as a buffet breakfast area. As I was in Frankfurt to attend a trade show the last thing I needed after a day of walking was to come back to the hotel to find the lift out of action and have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to my room. This happened at least three times during my 6 night stay.

The room I stayed in was clean; however it had one of the most uncomfortable beds I have had the misfortune to use in all my life. The mattress was hard and had a protective layer under the sheet making it hot and uncomfortable. The pillows were feather and large and were really useless as the night progressed. Both my colleague and I requested latex pillows which the staff provided but these were only marginally better. It is unfortunate where designers do not actually stay in hotel rooms otherwise their designs would be more functional. This is borne out at The Pure where there is NO storage or shelf in the bathroom at all to put any of your toiletries. In fact the provided hairdryer is stored in the wardrobe in the main bedroom. The clock radio [which has iPod docking capability] is too large to sit on the bed side table so is located across the other side of the room where you cannot read the time from the bed. The individual room air-conditioning did not work in either my room or my colleague’s room. The flat screen TV is quite small and whilst there are ample cable and free to air channels there are none in English. As I said though, the room was clean!

The staff attending to breakfast duties [refilling bain-maries and platters along with coffee & tea] were disinterested in the patrons to the point of sulking and dismissive. This attitude was consistent every morning of our stay. If they were attempting to pull of cool and aloof to match the hotel then they failed.

The final straw in my camel’s back was the hotel's laundry provider lost some of my laundry for 3 days and I only recovered it 10 minutes before departing.

To sum up, I would not stay here again even if you paid me. Whilst the hotel is clean and funky to look at, it misses on just about every aspect of comfort for the traveller.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Leave_the_house
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I stayed in Frankfurt for one night, while awaiting my flight the next day back to the US. I needed a hotel near the train station, and chose The Pure based off Trip Advisor reviews. My stay was perfect, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Since, this was my first trip to Frankfurt, the women at the front desk Katarina (I believe was her name) made me a map of all the places I needed to see during my stay. The high speed internet was fast, and they provided a wonderful breakfast the next morning. I recommend The Pure to anyone looking for a hotel in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo