“OK but nothing special, not ****”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cult

Hotel Cult
Ranked #58 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“OK but nothing special, not ****”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

A bit impersonal and sterile. I think the hotel is trying to be trendy but not quite there yet. Location was fine and within walking distance to Sachsenhausen and easy access to Sbahn, trams etc. Room was adequate, bed comfortable. One ceiling light out in bathroom and extractor fan not working which was a bit of a bummer since there was no window in the bathroom and it steamed up. Good breakfast, great coffee!! No bar so glad there was Lidl and Gas Station across the way. Not sure what criteria they were measured against in order to get 4th star but I have stayed in much better 3 star hotels.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hannover, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

The area is not the best, a bit off from the action and not the most plesant surroundings, but also not exactly unsafe. S-bahn and tram station very close. The people who complain about the train noise should try the rooms to the back. These have the distinct disadvantage to go to a courtyard where everybody can look inside. The hotel is labyrinthic with stairs up and down, rooms in the back ... Single room 212 was rather small, but clean. All in all the hotel would be a honest 3-star. I don't know where the 4th star is from, but as long as the price is 3-star it is fine by me. The breakfast is really really good, especially the croissants. Hmh! Bar was not open in the evening, but there is a gas station opposite where you can get food and drink all night long. If you don't need to be central, it could be a recommendation. The room maids started cleaning noisily at 8 in the morning on a Saturday, so that's not exactly holidaymaker-friendly! Anyway, rather noisy from the hall and rooms next door.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during my business trip to Frankfurt (training). It was chosen by the company organizing training and I slept there mostly due to good location, close to the company.

The hotel is nice and clean, the breakfast is fine, typical german one, but nothing special (I had better breakfasts in german hotels). The room was pretty small so I could give 3* to this hotel instead of 4. The breakfast is served on the first floor.

The train line is something 100m away and was not so disturbing - probably mostly due to bad weather so I had to keep windows closed ;-).

There is free wireless Internet connection available.

It is pretty close from LokalBahnfof train station, you just need to go under the train line (approx. 400m). From airport you need to take S-Bahn S8 or S9 and change on Haupthbahnhof to S3 or S4.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Basel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

We booked Hotel Cult for a Bachelorette Weekend of a friend and booked all in all 3 double rooms for the girls.

One girl went to the hotel early to check into all rooms and as she was the organizer of the weekend - she checked in and left little presents for all girls on the bed.

After picking us all up at the train station - we returned to the hotel to get to the rooms. Three rooms were booked - 206, 207 and 208 - all together and very close and already checked in. When we arrived - we tried to get into room 208 - but the lock didnt work. We tried over and over again and out of the blue, the door opens from the inside and a man is in the already-checked-in-room by my girlfriend. We asked what he was doing and he said, they gave him the room. He already took advantage of the presents left in the room by one of us for the rest of the group and said: he thought it was a present by the hotel for him.

We contacted the front desk and got another room for the 3rd party - room 229. We showered, changed and left for the night out with the girls.

Upon return at 3:30 in the morning - the key to room 229 does not work again. The front desk reprogrammed it and it still didnt work.

The guy at the front desk tried to argue with me at 3.30am that it might not be my room and I have to proof it is mine! Since another girl - that was already in bed, as all other rooms were easy to access - booked the whole stay - the front desk guy shouted at me I have to get her to get it under control. I tried calling room 206 - where she was staying, but no answer. I walked upstairs - she was already in bed and said the phone never rang. She got dressed again to go downstairs and talk to the front desk guy that still wanted prove that it is my room. By that time, everyone was pissed off. The front desk guy trying to argue with a guest and telling me I dont know my room - at 3:30am`????

It became 4am and I still wasnt in the room. The front desk guy came upstairs to check on the lock - it did not work.

In the end, he told me, I have to sleep in another room and he will call someone tomorrow - to let the lock open up.

Since this weekend was a get together of even girls that never met - I slept in a room with a girl that I never met before, didnt even have my sleeping clothes and was worried about my stuff in the room as the front desk guy told me, they will play with the lock tomorrow morning some time. Great, just go into my room.

He told me, the front desk would call me, once the technician was there - but they never did until I called them at 9:30am. I got the new key to MY ROOM and finally was able to brush teeth and shower.

We had a light breakfast and went to check out - trying to tell them with all the mistakes - we are not going to pay.

The front desk guy called the boss who than tried to argue with us for about one hours, that we have to pay. He would give us a small deduction - but since we had a roof over our head, we have to pay. The boss was a turkish guy that tried to argue with us like on a market and would make new price offers here and there and he told us he had to feed 3 kids and blah blah....it was really just stress in the morning.

Not even that we told him that we are looking to book the hotel more frequently for friends and groups doing a weekend in Frankfurt let him get off the arguing mood and he still wanted to charge us.

In the end we had to pay a reduced price for the hotel - but even that is for a 4 star hotel with only mistakes during the whole stay - just unexaptable.

We were also thinking about security reasons - first someone else is in a already checked room. What if we had our luggage in there already and they let someone else into the room??? Second - someone will "play" with the lock tomorrow to open it....but none of us was present?

Very shady.....is all I can say.

Rooms are alright, but not 4 star - I would say a 3 star. They are clean and nicely stocked with towels and little hotel-goodies in the bathroom.

Staff is unfriendly and not willing to make your stay great - and that for a 4 star hotel is unexeptable!!! Trying to argue with a guest in a 4 star hotel at 3.30am to let them into the room - NOOO WAY!!!

Breakfast was good though, the buffet was well stocked and nice. Had eggs and different cereal.

Overall I would not stay at the hotel again - just because of the staff and the unfriendliness of the Boss - who was arguing about money for the room instead of letting us off easy after such a night and experience.

• Stayed July 2008
5 Thank KatharinaBasel
Jamaica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2006

I stayed at this Hotel while I attended the Automechanika trade show this September. I have visited Frankfurt six times and this was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The room was clean and the staff was friendly, however a train line runs close by the hotel and trains pass by constantly making sleep very difficult. There was no a/c and it was very hot. Therefore you had to keep the windows open which made it seem as if you were staying in the middle of a train station! Breakfast is supposed to be served from 7:00am to 10:00am but usually everything ran out by 9:00am. The hotel is ideally located in terms of public transport as it is only a few minutes by foot from the train station or the tram station. However, this hotel is definitely not a 4 star hotel. If it was marketed as a 3 star with an appropriately lower price, I would not have been so upset. For the price, there are other hotels close to this one which offer much better facilities - the Lindner Hotel is one example!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — trains passing by constantly
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Jamekya_Traveller
Messery, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

This is an OK hotel in Frankfurt, but I was surprised by its award of a 4*

The good points of this hotel are:

* A nice breakfast which can be taken outside

* Location is not bad - close enough to the bar area of Frankfurt - although the neighborhood itself did not feel very friendly

* Good value for money, particularly taking into account typical Frankfurt prices.

The not so good points are:

* Very small room, very small bathroom too without shampoo, the "double" bedroom had two twin beds put together (no doublebeds available).

* Service was not very friendly - and with poor english (and not great german either)

* Limited and expensive parking included - although parking outside the street (or on the street behind the hotel) can be easily found

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Hypnos
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

My husband & myself along with my sister and her husband stayed at the Hotel Cult for one night in April. We chose the hotl based on the one review on trip advisor & for the close proximity to the bar district in sachenhausen. The hotel was very clean, very modern, and our room was spacious. The check-in was quick - we chose to pay the 10 Euro fee to have secure parking (although there was plenty of free parking on the street). The hotel was a fifteen minute walk to the bar district and a ten minute walk to the local bahnhof (train station). It was the perfect base location for our exploration of the area. The morning breakfast was awesome!!! There was everything from warm wursts & eggs to rolls, cereal, danishes, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses, and fruit juice. We also really enjoyed the strong coffee. The staff was friendly, English speaking, and able to provide good directions. The hotel is a 20 minute drive from the Frankfurt airport.

• Stayed April 2006