“Dannysnanny”

Ranked #14 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersGold level
“Dannysnanny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on route from Vienna to France, what a pity it was for only one night the hotel, food, room restaurant was first class I tried to find the smallest detail that I was not happy with but I could find nothing all very clean the staff were so helpful. Breakfast was amazing plenty of everything. If I have to go back to Frankfurt I will definitely choose this hotel again 5* in all departments.

Stayed May 2013
MHFC, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Jean M.,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

It is a real honor for us to read that we were able to make you feel welcomed and to convince you as a warm and attentive host.
This is our most important matter of concern and what our whole team is working for every day.

I have already shared your fantastic review with our staff and would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick team.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Frankfurt and wish you a great weekend!

Best regards,
(Guest Relation)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kortrijk, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the Mövenpick Frankfurt City for three days and left a very satisfied business traveller.

If you are going to the Frankfurt Messe, this is a no-brainer. The hotel is right next to one of the entrances to the Frankfurt fair. It has underground parking so looking for a parking spot shouldn't be any trouble either. The Frankfurt Messe U- and S-Bahn stations are a ten-minute walk from the hotel.
If you have a lot of appointments in the inner city or visiting Frankfurt for the sights and sounds this isn't the best location though. The Messe neighbourhood is dead at night and it's quite a long walk or drive to the main entertainment hotspot of the city.

Rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished. Mine had an in-room water kettle, which I adore. Nothing nicer than making a nice cup of tea when you're working in your room. The room is very quiet too. I had no trouble from the building site in front of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet is very nice with a good choice of cheese, bread, cold cuts and the essential scrambled eggs and bacon. The restaurant itself was a nice surprise too. Service was excellent and I was very pleased with the tartar steak they offer. They also offer seasonal menus and a nice "dinner for two" option, although I wouldn't take a romantic date out to a business hotel.

In-room wireless Internet is a scandal. At 11€/night it's terribly slow. I'd expect it to be free if the speed isn't up to scratch. It left me wondering what the performance would be during high-peak occupancy. Luckily however, the staff refunded the cost when I told them about the disappointing speed.

All in all, a lovely stay and a hotel I will return to when my work takes me to Frankfurt again.

Dear Eindvijand,

Thank you very much for choosing our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and that you have taken the time to give us your lovely feedback.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I deplore that the internet connection was not as good as you expected. I will forward this to our technical department, so that we can ensure our quality here.

May I suggest you our comfort room for your next stay with us? It includes 24 hours high speed internet, a bottle of water in your room, a late checkout up to 3pm and a welcome drink at our hotel bar.

I really hope that we can welcome you back soon as guest at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and wish you a wonderful weekend!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at the hotel for business in May and the whole experience was well above expectation. Rooms are good size, comfortable and well appointed. Also the breakfast selection was superb. Also let me point out wonderful front office manager Oliver. Will certainly return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MHFC, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear BlankaAtImperial,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks about your experiences at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt welcome because this is our utmost concern.
I already forwarded your commendation to Oliver this morning who was very happy about such a fantastic feedback!

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a wonderful day.

Best regards from Frankfurt,

Bernhard Haller
(Cluster General Manager)
Foz do Iguassú, Parana, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Mövenpick is by all standards a great hotel. I liked their rooms and food very much. They also have good staff who are always available to help. However, of all the great hotels I have stayed in during my travels, it was a bit ridiculous that I have to pay for WiFi at €3 for one hour and about €12 for 24hrs. If your room is not BB, expect to spend a whopping €32 for breakfast alone. The location is convenient especially to the Messe Frankfurt. If you like gym like myself, you may be disappointed since the gym center is tiny and has very few equipment... you literally que to use one. But being Europe, expect everything to be expensive.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in 5th and 6th floors. They give a fair view of the surrounding areas.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MHFC, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Jeffersn,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant offers and the location so much and that you have felt welcome because this is our most important matter of concern.

The feedback from our guests is very important for us because it gives us the opportunity to keep on developing and improving our products and services.

Out of consideration for our guests who don’t want to use the wireless internet connection, we decided not to include this benefit in our room rate permanently. Of course you always have the possibility to use the internet for free at our business corner in the hotel lobby.

Finally I would like to inform you and other guests who read the guest reviews on Trip Advisor that our famous Mövenpick breakfast costs EUR 23,00 and is available from 6.00am to 10.30am in the restaurant.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a wonderful week.

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I bid for a hotel on Priceline and ended up with the Moevenpick. It's about a 20 minute walk from the main railway station and is near the convention center in a neighborhood that mostly hosts banks and financial companies.

I arrived on Saturday night and the hotel properly had my reservation. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and gave me terrific information on what to see and do in the area. Parking on the street was free over the holiday weekend (and I found some about a 5 minute walk away), which is a good thing. Parking at the hotel garage is incredibly expensive, at €22 per day! Keep this in mind if you are driving and try to park elsewhere.

The room was fine, everything worked although the furniture (and especially bedding, which had noticeable body contours in the mattress) showed its age. I got a room with two firm twin beds, typically Swiss but allowing for no cuddling if you're a couple. The shower had good water pressure and a good supply of hot water, everything worked and the amenities were nice. However, the room overlooked a giant construction area. I was really glad that I stayed on a holiday, because the construction noise would undoubtedly have kept me awake. Beware if you plan to stay in the next year or so!

Although I arrived very late (after 11pm) I was awoken at 8:30am by a knock on the door from housekeeping, who was apparently incredulous that I wasn't yet awake. I snoozed a bit and finally woke up. I had some work that I needed to do (my responsibilities, unfortunately, didn't disappear with the holidays) and asked for a late check-out. The hotel was gracious in allowing me a 1pm check-out time, so I set off to find some breakfast. Breakfast at the hotel was out of the question; the breakfast buffet costs around €20.

In a seedy neighborhood not far from the hotel, I found a Turkish bakery that was open. Armed with a couple of croissants I went back to the room and drank the in-room instant coffee while working on my project. No fewer than 4 interruptions from the housekeeping staff later, I was finally finished with my project (they are incredibly persistent, even when you inform them you have a late check-out and tell them exactly when you will be leaving). All I needed to do was upload it... which wasn't free. The hotel charges for Internet service too. Fortunately they have a 1 hour option for 3 euros, which they later hassled me about paying for with my credit card (sorry, I didn't have cash).

Was the stay OK? Yes, the hotel was clean and got the job done. Would I hurry back? No. I got lucky at avoiding the "gotcha" extra charges, but might not have been so lucky on a weekday. And given that a good night's rest is an important ingredient in my hotel happiness index, staying next to a giant construction site is something I'll definitely prefer to avoid.

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a floor as possible and facing the opposite direction from the construction si...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear dialtone69,

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

Unfortunately, you made an experience which is not a standard for our hotel. The room is the only area in our hotel for every guest to feel absolute privacy and be undisturbed. I would like to apologize that this has not been observed by the housekeeper. I have already forwarded this happening to our housekeeping department.

I am a little surprised about your remarks regarding our bed quality because we changed all our mattresses last year. Of course it is very important for us that our guests sleep well during their stay, so please do not hesitate to contact our housekeeping department at any time to offer you a strengthening overlay.

Despite these happenings, I am pleased to read that our staff made you felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

We would be very pleased to get another chance to convince you of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newcastle,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel supersedes all the others that we recently had the pleasure of staying in on our 6 countries tour. It's new and modern and exceptionally clean. The breakfast is by far the best I have ever expierenced, it exceeds far and beyond. The staff were so obliging, friendly and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The only downside to this hotel is location. It's not near any amentities, shops etc and we taxi'd to the nearest shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not worried about been near the centre of town etc.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
MHFC, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Kaapsenooi,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City which I have already shared with our whole staff because they are the heart of our hotel.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt welcome because that is our most important matter of concern.

I am very pleased to inform you about the coming pre-opening of the new shooping centre “Skyline Plaza” at the end of August 2013 which is located directly next to our hotel and will offer our guests more than 150 shops, a huge wellness and fitness area and many different gastronomy outlets.

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a wonderful week.

Warm regards,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Mövenpick has a good reputation but don't let that fool you. The staff are uninformed and bordering on rude. The paid Wifi connection is completely unreliable. The lobby, guest rooms and meeting rooms are acceptable. The breakfast is ok and lunch, morning and afternoon tea were good. The location is very convenient; a ten-fifteen minute taxi ride from the airport.

1 Thank Catherine D
MHFC, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear CatherineDefina,

First of all I would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and I apologize for the unsatisfactory experiences.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to tell us your impressions during your stay. Please be assured that we take your comments regarding the staff friendliness very seriously!
Your comment will be taken as an opportunity to improve our staff training constantly, because ultimately they are the heart of our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you nevertheless enjoyed our location and restaurant offers. Please give us another chance to provide you the ultimate standard of our house.

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and wish you a wonderful weekend!