“Most over priced bar i`ve ever visited!”
Review of Jimmy's Bar

Jimmy's Bar
Ranked #2 of 145 Nightlife in Frankfurt
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We visited this bar last week and to say it was overpriced would be the biggest understatement ever, Don't be fooled by the guys waiting to take your coats, the only reason they do this is to make it more awkward for you to get up and leave after you have read their price list, €11.50 for a very ordinary, very skimpy glass of wine, €7.50 for a small bottle of beer, €16 plus for a cocktail, €12 for a single Cigar, And god forbid you might be feeling slightly hungry you might have to sell the family Jewels for a snack, If I could give this bar a zero rating I would, and I seldom if ever give a negative review about anywhere, AVOID AVOID AVOID!

4  Thank horsesireland

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Live music, very good cocktails, very good service and a great atmosphere. Plus an amazing choice of cigars. Must see!!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Located at the basement of the Hotel Hessischer Hof, about a 15 minute walk from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (turn left as you exit the station). Opens from 8pm until late.

Turned up at 8pm so had no problem getting a table but was advised by the waiters to book in future to ensure seats. Bar is small, set in the basement so no windows and allows smoking so be prepared. Having said that, the visit was one of the highlights of my visit to Frankfurt. I ordered some food from their small menu but every dish was excellent. They offered a really extensive drinks list but I settled for my standard whiskey. By 9pm, the Bar was packed. The pianist was excellent and really played to the crowd with his mixture of light jazz and old standards. Service was excellent. The crowd on the night were mainly locals who were all very friendly which was good because the Bar could get claustrophobic after awhile. Generally I didn't see anybody below the age of 35 at the Bar, probably turned off by the prices of both the food and drinks which tended to be high. I would definitely go back to Jimmy's the next time I'm in Frankfurt.

2  Thank Kebuh
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I found this bar about 2 years ago - mainly searching for live music/Jazz. Obviously it is one of the main "old time" bars in Frankfurt and so glad I found it. It has a great bar to sit at and have wonderful food - smoked salmon (fresh ) with a huge Bilini -home made and creme fresh - more than a meal. Great drinks including Martini's and you are allowed to smoke !!! I dont but have no problem as it does add to the atmosphere. Great for a business dinner as well or if dining alone and just want some fantastic entertainment.

1  Thank Trish M
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Great place to meet up with friends and have a nice drink and a cigar. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here.

1  Thank Sloane C