“Good location and good value, but can be noisy”
Review of Ritter Hotel

Ritter Hotel
Ranked #247 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Ritter Hotel is surrounded by bars. No air conditioning, so if it is warm, and you leave the windows open, it might be a bit loud. No elevator. Room was small, but that's typical for an older hotel. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, this is not a good hotel for kids. The night time crowd can be a little rowdy. The Rhein, old town, and Romerburg are all within walking distance. The Ritter has no shuttle. The taxi ride from FRA was EUR 37.00. Breakfast included, which was good. No restaurant here, but plenty of eating and drinking establishments surrounding the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed K

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Good value for money hotel. The hotel is surrounded by bars that trade to about 4am every night.the noise level is ok if you keep the windows closed. The included breakfast is very good and includes fresh fruit which you can take for later in the day. Be aware that like most older hotels it does not have a lift so getting your luggage up the tiny curved staircase can be difficult.
All said it is good value for the small ask.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank empirecircuit
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Ritter Hotel is in one of the coolest parts of Frankfurt. There probably 50 pubs and some beer gardens within 5 minutes of walking. It's probably a 20 minute walk to downtown Frankfurt and the mall and a 5 minute walk to the closest subway stop. The service is very friendly and helpful. The shower was tiny and a bit awkward but it worked. The beds are small but comfortable and clean. If I came back to Frankfurt, this place would be on my short list of places to stay, and if not here, I would stay as close to this location as possible

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrewSkeez
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here our first night in Frankfurt. It was in a walking area so we had to park in a lot nearby as there was no parking right by the hotel. The hotel has a biergarden below it and three other bier gardens within 30 seconds of it. We had our 8 and 10 year olds there with us and it was a bit hard to sleep with all the partying going on. This place would be perfect for a backpacker as the location is ideal.

Room Tip: higher units are very hot as heat rises in the summer and there is no A/C. ask for a room on the se...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank world_observer_9
Reviewed 30 June 2013

In all my years of traveling this has got to be the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in! I can't even think of any dodgy hostel dorms where I've stayed that could come near of being this bad! We had booked two nights in this awful place because from the website the place looked nice (why oh why did I not come see the reviews on tripadvisor before booking!) but we left after one night and moved to a small hotel nearby which felt like the Hilton Hotel after the experience we had at Ritter.

Basically, there is nothing good about this hotel. When we got there, we realised that it was located on a party street full of bars, and not just any bars but loud bars full of drunken idiots screaming all through the night. The so-called hotel was so dark and gloomy it could have been from a horror movie, and when we were escorted to our room I thought it was a joke. Our double room had two separate beds and it was super dirty and reeked of cigarettes. It was so gross I expected to see a drunken person passed out in the toilet since it really looked like a place where you go pass out at 5 am after partying when you can't hear or see anything anymore.

Also the room was located above a bar I guess, because it sounded like we were inside a club. Still somehow we thought that maybe the party will stop and tried to go to sleep. Even through the earplugs at 1am I could hear people sing (read:scream) "tonight's gonna be a good night" which I thought was actually quite funny considering the irony of it being one of the worst nights for us. When we went to complain to the guy at the front desk that we were not going to stay in that room for another second, he didn't understand ANY english so I had to talk to him using my terrible highschool german whilst standing there in the middle of the night wearing my pajamas and trying to scream over the music. He didn't understand why we had a problem with the place, so we decided to change to another hotel far from the party road in the middle of the night and we never got our money back!

It still makes me so angry thinking about our experience there. It is the worst hotel ever, please don't ever stay there!

Room Tip: The best tip is do not ever stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emilia690
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I've been in Frankfurt last week for work and I've decided to try this little hotel.It's very nice and clean, Locaterin a very strategical place, a lot of restaurant and pubs realy in the same block. The Manager is a very nice person and he did everything to help us in any situation.
Best regards.
Alessandro Pavoni

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alessandro P
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wel, if your drunk this hotel might do the trick...everyone else on the street outside is as well and they stay up very late and are very loud. The rooms were renovated in aprox. 1976. The beds were clean and the shower was hot..well, that's positive anyway. If all else fails stay here.

Room Tip: no room is good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business