“Don't stay here, go somewhere else.”
Review of Hotel Neue Kraeme

Hotel Neue Kraeme
Ranked #119 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I should have known better when I walked into the lobby and the air was so still...

$we paid $248 total for 2 nights. It's super hot outside and inside. There is a fan inside the room and it does nothing. Windows are wide open and Mosquitos are everywhere. Already been bit twice. Also saw like 5 other squished Mosquitos on the wall. I figure for 100€ you should be modern and have some sort of cooling apparatus.
My husband and child are bother miserable.

Maybe mid 90's, maybe a renovation that was halfway complete. Looked like newer/older carpet with the baseboards carpeted, well at least started and not finished.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cory C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Neue Kraeme

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Clean, minimalist, comfortable, good location, welcoming staff, decent selection of food at breakfast but nothing fancy, this hotel reminded me of Frankfurt itself. This is not old world elegance but simple and effective, efficient accomodation. Great place to stay for a first night in Germany.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bcer60
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Nothing special from this hotel which has its only strength in the favourable position close to the centre. Very close to every amenity and to the fair ground reachable by the underground. Breakfast is good but boringly always the same. The hotel is finally offeeing free wifi to their guests but there are still tecgnical problems to reach the high floors. Overall too expensive during fairs it is anyway a decent accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The location absolutely terrific, service is very friendly and also the breakfast is very good for the price.

I would rate this hotel a bit higher if the first room at the 5th floor would have not been so stinky! Unluckily the hotel was fully booked so I could not get any other room. So I had to pack all my cloth, even the coat into my suitcase not that they would start stinking too and I had to sleep the half night with window open to get some air. I’m not sensitive in this matter but the room 51 was really awful! When I went back to my room after my morning run outdoor the smell nearly knocked me down.
Even the hotel was still full some people were leaving and the second night I slept in absolutely normal smelling (=not smelling) room at the 2nd floor.

The cleanness is normal, not particularly clean but certainly not dirty either.

The lift was out of order but I don’t mind walking up the stair. Someone else might…

This is my second choice hotel in Frankfurt and I will go there again should my first choice be full again. But I will ask for a room which does not stink, the room 21 was good.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker avoid room #51. It really smells bad.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I was visiting Frankfurt for business which lasted only for two hours. For the rest of my stay I wanted to visit the city and make some shopping. I did not want to spend time and money on taxis and public transportation. I chose this hotel being afraid in the same time to abandon my reguralrly use, when beeing in Frankfurt, in one certain hotel in the train station area. But I found my self very lucky. Since from the main entrance of the Hotel Neue Krame, which does not have a ground lobby or reception area, turning right you reach the old city center after one minute walk. Turning left you reach after 2 minutes walk, the main Frankfurt's shopping center.
The look of the hotel reminds me the small parisian 3 stars hotels that they all around the Opera area. The rooms are relatively small, clean, the furnitures and decoration are from another age. They look like they are in constant use since 80's and nobody paid attention about the possibility of changing them. I think the owners really do not care about it since the hotel is considered as location-priviliged. The breakfast was good and enough. The people not too much friendly but effective and willing to help and assist. I loved the window blinds which made my room dark during my night sleep, it is not very easily find this in central european cities. Staying in a single room on the fifth floor I could not use my wifi functions of my tablet. The signal was weak to none. I could only be connected on the first floor where the reception and the breakfast room was.
Yes I will come back to this hotel the next time I wil be in Frankfurt, alone or with my wife and my daughter.

Room Tip: Do not choose room on the fifth floor if you have constantly internet wireless connected. Choose thi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Sweet little hotel in total heart of city.....terrific spot. Clean rooms, free wifi, pleasant breakfast and nice staff. Beds a bit soft if I had to be a bit picky, but for the price, can't fault it and would stay again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BaskersonTour
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Clean and comfortable, with good breakfast, this hotal was great value for a visit to the Xmas markets.
No fancy frills- but is a fantastic place right in the city centre for sights and transport links.
Since the hotel eas used by us as a place to sleep and have breakfast it provided all that we required.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends