“Average but not bad.”
Review of Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Diplomat
Ranked #244 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here for one night. I probably would choose another hotel if I need to stay a few days. The room is rather small, so is the bathroom. The room looked clean to me but I found a hairpin on the floor so I'm having doubts that they used the vacuum cleaner before they cleaned the room for us. In the room I missed a little light above my bed and in the bathroom they was no showercurtain and no bathmat so when I wanted to come out of the shower (bathtub) I needed help because the floor was wet and everything was very slippery.
The breakfast was okay, not a large choice but the breakfast is included in the price and for that price it was okay.
When we arrived I didn't felt very welcome in the hotel. The man that checked me in was not really friendly.
The carpark is cheap but they told us if we wanted to leave with the car and wanted to come back late, then it wasn't possible to have a space for the car. Very strange so we went out and took a taxi. In this case the owner of the hotel helped us and called the taxi for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Definitely I don’t recommend this hotel, apart from a good location doesn’t guarantee anything worthy of the German standards. Hotel rooms at first glance appear to be clean, but after staying there longer, you can see dirt on the floor. I didn’t dare to go bare foot across the room and a bathroom is only with a dirty bathtub. In the evening you could hear the sound of a rat / mouse, you had to sleep with the lights on so you don’t hear te noisy.
The breakfast is like a bufet, but there is no a large selection of food and about 8.30 there was no longer certain products.
In this hotel, we had a very unpleasant and unexpected situation. We bought a parking space on the privat hotel parking. We wanted to make sure that we don’t have any problem with the car. Parking doesn’t comply with any requirement and has been designed to put there as many cars as possible. Parking lots are set so that if the parking is full you cannpt move your car. This situation happened to us. We put the car in the location shown by the staff and asked whether there will be a problem with leaving the next day. They said that we can safely leave because of people’s cars who blocke other ones they take their keys and change the place. Unfortunately, in the morning our car was blocked and there were any keys and any car owners. Staff didn’t want to help us and in no way felt responsible. We had no choice and had to wait for the owners. We were trapped, but it could be longer. Staff was impolite, even we were not apologizing. All the time they were saying that this is not their fault and not their problem. Worst hotel in what has so far been. I really don’t recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012

It was not enought food for all guests. The rooms are terrible, old furnitured. In the bathroom is not clean and too old to use. At night i heard a rat under my bed. The menager of the hotel don t take responsability of blocked cars in their car park. I was trapped and i had to spend 3 hours waiting for some gust to come back and move their car, so i could go out from there. and they take 5 euro for that parking!!!!! I really dont recomend this hotel the worst i ever seen!!!!!
DON T GO THERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wife and I (Both 50) seasoned travellers pre-booked for 4 nights into yjis leafy interesting looking boutique hotel prior my visit to Trade Show. Hotel charged 125 euro p.night during trade show.

Double room could barely fit our small "Ryanair" suitcase, room not decorated for years and bathroom had broken ceramics and facilities which were frankly ancient

Staff were clearly embarrassed and hurriedly took full payment on arrival - in case we cancelled after seeing room.
Hotel was a disgrace to Frankfurt hoteliers and should not be posted on ANY WEBSITE.
Hotel added fuel to our fury by charging 5 euros for internet connection

A local said "Usually jobbing builders " use it if working locally

Room Tip: Bring your own tea /coffeee making facility AND MILK. Request for milk was greeted with Sorry only a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Ok so it is basic, but a good price and very central. Germany usually provides very good standard hotels, however given the price and location don't expect really high levels of comfort. It was comfortable and the shower worked well. Breakfast ok, filling but not a huge choice. Nearby are plenty of bars/restaurants and there's also a kiosk by the bridge which seems open most hours and handy for buying water/tobacco or even beer and other things.

I would stay here again as it served its purpose and the price is good. Location has to be the main plus point.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RobHANTS_Uk
Reviewed 26 July 2011

So, this is a case of you get what you pay for. Very centrally located, just a block from public transportation and very affordable. The staff was friendly and helpful. But it was run down. The carpet was so gross I was hesitant to take off my socks! But, the sheets and towels were clean as was the bathroom. If I were looking to save money, I would stay there again, but I would also be willing to pay 10 or 20 Euros more a night for a better ambiance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This is probably the cheapest hotel in Frankfurt and for the price, it offers a wonderful stay. The lobby and hallways make you nervous but the room is very comfortable, the bathroom is serviceable and clean and the bed is just great. I couldn't have asked for more for what I was paying and I was very pleased with the staff and the breakfast as well.

Its is by no means a luxury place - it is a budget place. If you can't handle small rooms and minimal amenities, then go pay more for a nicer place. If you're a true traveler and just need a place to sleep, you can't do better than this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo