“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Diplomat
Ranked #249 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel is in a very calm area, you would feel like staying in a park! A good night sleep is guaranteed. And it is at a walking distance (10-15 min) from the main shopping district, the Zeil. The staff is welcoming and friendly. The room was simple, small, nice and clean. The bed very comfortable. The bathroom was also nice and clean. This a very good value at a very friendly price for a basic stay. Would definitely stay there again for my next visit to Frankfurt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dunavriver

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The hotel is located in a very residential locality. Easily reachable from Airport by car. It was the cheapest we could find with parking. But it was a very tight parking behind the hotel. It took some time to get in get out of parking. There are free parking near hotel but it is nearly impossible to find a free spot.

The lift was very small and dirty.
The room was small and old but the bed was neat, clean and comfortable.

There are good supermarkets near this hotel.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful. We liked the breakfast. It was adequate. It was good value for the price we paid.

1  Thank Dameem
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Although the lady at the reception was very nice and yes, the location is convenient, I would never return there. It is so run down and old (not in a good way) and not exactly clean. The elevator (my bag was very heavy... long story) is so scary and small and... urgh!

I guess you get what you pay for but this was ridiculous. Don't get me started on the breakfast. Cold toasts anyone? I was with my young daughter and I could not bear the thought of showering her in that bathtub. Thank God for the clean towels they provide.

2  Thank Pascale L
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Was looking for a cheap hotel for a night's stay, near the city center in Frankfurt. This was the cheapest find with a private room & ensuite bathroom, at 95 Euro/night incl. breakfast.
The hotel is very conveniently located, 1 min from S-bahn, 5 mins from U-bahn, and a walking distance from nice neighbourhoods to visit (Sachsenhausen, Nordend ost).
The staff was very friendly, despite less-than-perfect English.

However the room itself was clean but VERY basic, especially the bathroom which had no shower curtain, meaning everything was wet after taking a shower. The towels were nice and fluffy but I had to give up one of the two for wiping the floor...
Also, the heating was a little weak, and I couldn't really take off my warm clothing while in the room (typical mid-February temperatures, a few degrees above 0).

Breakfast included some cold cuts, cheese, some canned fruit, cereal and yoghurt, and even some slices of cucumber and tomato (very expensive this time of year in Frankfurt); but no forks! You only had a knife at the table, and no serving utensils at the buffet table, so basically you had to pick and eat with your fingers...

All in all, a very basic place. But if you need to spend just one night, and need the convenience of the location, than it's not out of the question - just don't expect much. Personally I would try finding something a little farther away from center but with good public transport, and get a little more for my Euros.

Room Tip: Check for heating - it was not very good in my room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Uri R
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here for one night. I probably would choose another hotel if I need to stay a few days. The room is rather small, so is the bathroom. The room looked clean to me but I found a hairpin on the floor so I'm having doubts that they used the vacuum cleaner before they cleaned the room for us. In the room I missed a little light above my bed and in the bathroom they was no showercurtain and no bathmat so when I wanted to come out of the shower (bathtub) I needed help because the floor was wet and everything was very slippery.
The breakfast was okay, not a large choice but the breakfast is included in the price and for that price it was okay.
When we arrived I didn't felt very welcome in the hotel. The man that checked me in was not really friendly.
The carpark is cheap but they told us if we wanted to leave with the car and wanted to come back late, then it wasn't possible to have a space for the car. Very strange so we went out and took a taxi. In this case the owner of the hotel helped us and called the taxi for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Definitely I don’t recommend this hotel, apart from a good location doesn’t guarantee anything worthy of the German standards. Hotel rooms at first glance appear to be clean, but after staying there longer, you can see dirt on the floor. I didn’t dare to go bare foot across the room and a bathroom is only with a dirty bathtub. In the evening you could hear the sound of a rat / mouse, you had to sleep with the lights on so you don’t hear te noisy.
The breakfast is like a bufet, but there is no a large selection of food and about 8.30 there was no longer certain products.
In this hotel, we had a very unpleasant and unexpected situation. We bought a parking space on the privat hotel parking. We wanted to make sure that we don’t have any problem with the car. Parking doesn’t comply with any requirement and has been designed to put there as many cars as possible. Parking lots are set so that if the parking is full you cannpt move your car. This situation happened to us. We put the car in the location shown by the staff and asked whether there will be a problem with leaving the next day. They said that we can safely leave because of people’s cars who blocke other ones they take their keys and change the place. Unfortunately, in the morning our car was blocked and there were any keys and any car owners. Staff didn’t want to help us and in no way felt responsible. We had no choice and had to wait for the owners. We were trapped, but it could be longer. Staff was impolite, even we were not apologizing. All the time they were saying that this is not their fault and not their problem. Worst hotel in what has so far been. I really don’t recommended.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

It was not enought food for all guests. The rooms are terrible, old furnitured. In the bathroom is not clean and too old to use. At night i heard a rat under my bed. The menager of the hotel don t take responsability of blocked cars in their car park. I was trapped and i had to spend 3 hours waiting for some gust to come back and move their car, so i could go out from there. and they take 5 euro for that parking!!!!! I really dont recomend this hotel the worst i ever seen!!!!!
DON T GO THERE!!!!!