“Simple hotel”

Ranked #255 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Simple hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very simple hotel with good location near Zoo. Rooms are simple, but clean. Breakfast too expensive. Service was nice and friendly. They have quite often special prices. In that case, is good option to sleep there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bubak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here for three nights and have to say we were 11lads on the ale and they didn't blink an eye!

Room was oh a low standard but bed was comfy and the shower hot and powerful - so that worked for me, it's all I wanted!

Did the breakfast for 6.90 euro / this was worth it as much coffee and fresh orange you could drink! Cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cheese and hams a plenty!! It probably cost them more!

Well if you want cheap and cheerful do it, about 20mins walk to the decent pubs and nightlife :)

• Stayed April 2012
Cairo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A very poor hotel in a good central loctaion. Would pay a few Euros more next time and have more comfort.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NadiaFarid

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The worst place I stayed on my two month trip in Wester Europe. All my stays in group hostels were more enjoyable than my stay at Hotel Jaguar. And, to top it all of, the owner tried to black mail me into giving him a good review... Wow. Just wow.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zachary C
Siggiewi, Malta
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I had to spend one night here (last night) due to a sudden change of travel plans and the hotel I would have otherwise stayed in was fully booked.

I had booked a day prior to arrival via booking.com for the sum of Euros 32 but when I arrived, I was told that my credit card had been refused and so I had to pay the full price. Fully knowing that my credit card could not have been refused, I smelt a rat. I insisted with the rather concerned receptionist and squabbled a little bit and then she agreed to try with the credit card again and this time, "miraculously" it worked. I have read now other reviews which said that the hotel tried to take more money from them with this "credit-card-won't-work" ruse. Sounds fishy to me. I wonder whether they try to lure guests with ridiculously low prices over the internet only for the unwitting guests to find that they in fact are paying much more than they had budgeted for.

Anyway, fact remains that the young receptionist at the hotel (only positive side of the hotel) finally gave me the key only to find, upon reaching the floor, that the key didn't work. It's an old key, make no mistake, not a key card but it just didn't work. So, I had to go down to reception to ask for help and, after what seemed like 20 minutes, I was given another room.

The room was very clean but it felt like something out of a horror movie. A ghost would have felt at home there. And it was cold, so cold. I hardly slept at all at night due to the cold and asking for another blanked would have cost me Euros 3. I thought that I would rather spend a night in the cold than give these amateurs more money. The bathroom was OK with surprisingly good toiletries, given the treatment I had been given till then.

One more thing which was really horrible was that there was not one working electricity socket in the room. I had two mobile phones and a laptop to charge and I couldn't. But, luckily, the TV electricity socket was reachable and it was connected to the electricity supply - though very dangerous because it dangled loose from the wall.

Yet another thing I have to mention that this hotel felt like Aladdin's cave. If you touched something you could have easily been made to pay it. If you asked for a spare blanket, you would have had to pay 3 euros. if you left the key in the room, if you touched this, did that, whatever, you had to pay.

Incredibly, the breakfast was good, in the circumstances. Being a low-carber I opted for the 8 euro buffet breakfast which I would say was worth the while. The continental breakfast was OK too.

Checkout was, thankfully, painless (also because I would not spend one more cent in there) and I asked the reception to call me a taxi and I was out of there in a jiffy.

I am sorry to have to write this horrible review. The girl at reception upon check-in was extremely sweet and seemed very harrowed at my misadventures. However, if I take her out of the equation, I wouldn't even board my dog there, let alone fellow humans.

Avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that hotel having a good room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Firefly1977
Aurangabad, India
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Hotel is run by a single person. no service and worse rooms. Not at all value for money. Not safe. we have done online booking and payment and reached this hotel by late night from France. The attendent over there said we dont have booking and we will have to pay by cash (Not by card). We had no option so paid and stayed there for night.

Room Tip: strogly recommonded to chose hotel after knowing its review.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Never ever go here. It was awful, expensive dirty and old. Have a look at the real pictures attached.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo