Hotel Jaguar
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Diplomat(Frankfurt)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2008

We are from Greece and we have made a reservation for hotel Jaguar 1 month before our trip to Frankfurt. We arrived to the hotel and we were told that the credit card with which we have made the reservation was not valid and that because of this there was no room available for us!! In our question why haven't they informed us earlier with a mail about the problem they answered that they have seen our mail just yesterday!! But when we have booked we were sent a confirmation that everything was ok with our reservation!! The owner told us to come back 4 hours later (we were already very tired from our trip and we were obliged to scroll around the town because of their unexeptable mistake). Notice this, that we could not have at any case one double bed but two separate.. The worst was that when we furiously took our baggages and we were ready to go because we did not wanted to wait and we felt so ashamed of this behaviour the owner immediately changed behaviour and very polite told us to stay and we would have a room right away!!! I think that this was the worst travel experience I have ever had, me and my boyfriend too. And I feel sorry that we were so polite with them, they need a strong lesson so that they can respect the traveller. We had after this to search with our luggages for another hotel, it was so awfull.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! And I have to say that we managed to find a very good hotel after all this, Hotel Luxus at Hanauer Strasse, with very polite people, a much better price than Jaguar, fortunately.. I recommend Hotel Luxus to everyone oing to Frankfurt.

3  Thank annmar80
Reviewed 6 January 2008

This is a budget hotel located in Frankfurt Germany. It does exactly what is says on the tin, clean, very cheap, friendly staff, great location for city transport links.
We had breakfast in the morning after staying the night, the food was fine, no nasty surprises with continental and mini english with cereals and toast, teas and coffees.
For a budget hotel this was above average.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nicole11Glenn
Reviewed 16 October 2007

600 EURO for two nights stay!! they say they'll only accept cash, but will swipe your credit card anyway as "insurance" (insurance on cash payment???!!)and pocket the receipt.. charging you again later. as if 150 EURO a night wasn't enough for such a dive!! we were shuffled into a basement room, which we believe wasn't even a real room at all but a storage space converted into one. our shower was broken. shower curtains were used as window coverings! our "non-smoking" room reaked like stale cigarettes. i don't even want to go into details about the carpeting... ech!!!
when i asked for a receipt from my cash payment they acted insulted and inconvenienced to print one up for me. good thing they did.. i'm now disputing the additional charge they made to my credit card!!

AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!! AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!! AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!

in addition, i have added some photos to show the rooms are NOTHING like what they look like in their ads!! note that the "partial kitchenette" is merely a mini fridge doubling as a nightstand.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pserah
Reviewed 9 October 2007

This place holds the prestigious ranking as one of the top three worst hotels I've ever experienced. I can't stress enough that you should avoid it at all costs. Bed coverings full of hair, cracked paint and holes in walls, extremely rude staff (the male evening worker who we believe was the owner posing as just an employee to act as though he didn't have decision making power - the morning female worker was rather sweet), and just altogether awful. Despite the three twin sized beds in our room (even though we booked for one room with a double bed), my husband and I shared one twin bed because we didn't have the energy to 'clean' the others. Instead, we slept fully clothed on top of the cover sheet, with no blanket (because it was too dirty), and towels across the top of the bed to lay our head on. Absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank iamatraveler
Reviewed 10 July 2006

Arrived in Frankfurt for the last day of our World Cup tour 2006 with nowhere booked. Tourist info office in the train station found this for us (three of us needed a room). Triple room cost us EUR85 including breakfast. They'll try & upgrade the breakfast (another EUR10 each) when you arrive & if you don't agree they'll ensure you only have coffee, bread, butter & jam, they're quite strict about it & told us they'd be watching! In the end we never made it down for breakfast anyway so can't comment further.

To be honest I wouldn't mess with the staff, they're quite firm, not the friendliest bunch but the place served a purpose, was cheap, fairly clean & quite central. It's right by the zoo so there are always cabs at the top of the road & it's really only a 10 minte walk into the central area anyway.

One thing, we paid by cash & the next day, the same bloke who'd taken the money asked to see the receipt which we'd stupidly lost & was trying it on to get us to pay again. Keep your receipt if you pay by cash! I wouldn't recommend this place for a long stay but if you're on a budget I doubt you'll find much cheaper this central. Did seem more like a hostel though!

• Stayed: June 2006