“The name is Jaguar, the rest is Trabant.”
Review of Hotel Jaguar

Hotel Jaguar
Ranked #255 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Netanya, Israel
“The name is Jaguar, the rest is Trabant.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Me and a friend stayed at the hotel 4 nights. Although I booked a room with 2 seperate beds, we got a tiny one with double bed. the receptionist agreed to give us a bigger room only if we add breakfast for the entire staying period - 64 Euro total.
Only after arguing with the hotel CEO, which SHOUTED at us and the interferrence of the agent of whom that hotel was booked from, the CEO agreed to give us the room we originally booked with no extra charge.
Although the hotel declares that all the rooms are equipped with a safe, the safe was locked. When we asked to open it, the CEO claimed that it hasn't been used for years, however "the room is safe".
At the reception desk there's a sign which says that the rooms are cleaned every 2 days, whereas during all our staying it hadn't been cleaned even a single time!

Room Tip: Don't go there! I mean it, don't do that!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Elad S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Frankfurt a. M.
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I arrived in this hotel yesterday. I could check in at 2 pm already and it was no problem, I think it would've been possible even earlier. I was a little afraid after reading some bad reviews, but when I came in to the room, I noticed that the sheets were clean, bathroom was clean, actually everything. This is a cosy small room. The only negative thing indeed is that there is no closet but still a small rack. It's better than nothing! This place is perfectly fine for sleeping and showering etc. :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 729Traveller
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I just arrived today to the Hotel. It's not a modern hotel. Room and services are clean. Hotel has lift and I could go to forth floor with my loggage. They put penalty for people who smoke in the room, for 100 euro, but I can smell Cigarett inside the room. I just went to buy a spray to make it better. I just stay one night. It'S acceptable for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Prague
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The worst „hotel“ I have ever been to. It was terribly dirty and the stuff can´t say a word in German or English. They may have done it on purpose!
The room – small, without a wardrobe, double bed – 140 cm long with vomits behind it! Bathroom lacking any heating – like on the North Pole – moreover, the heating was turned off anytime we came back here. The toilet was broken – there was water on the floor and it was noisy as well. On top of that, somebody tried to get into our room at night!
I strongly recommend anybody not to choose this terrible hotel!
After all, I had to visit a doctor with a suspicion of having scabies!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank A S

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Sasolburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This place was very great! The staff was friendly and even upgraded my room to a room where the wifi is included. The room was very small but it was more than what was needed. I just went on holiday from South Africa to Frankfurt. The bed was comfortable, the sheets was clean the bathroom was clean and neat. I was just going to be sleeping there and for that it was great. It is also close to a lot of sights and the neighbourhood was lovely and peaceful. I stayed a week and I would defiantly go again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SteynSA87
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The Hotel Jaguar in Frankfurt has an excellent location in a side-street off the Zoo. It is close to undergraound and local suburban train services so is easily reached. It is 15 mins walk from the main shopping street.

I had a room in a biulding out the back of the main building on the first floor. The room was very basic, it had no windows just a roof opening which as it did not close properly was not particluarly good in wet weather. The common areas were partly dusty and I think the hotel is in need of serious renovation.

There are much better cheaper options in Frankfurt than this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank svanci
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This hotel was moderately clean and quiet. Those are the good points. You cannot register before 3pm as the lobby is closed and the only contact with reception is by phone. My room resembled a small prison cell, the bathroom was shared through a lobby with no lights. The TV had no remote control and the picture was fuzzy and indistinct.

I had to stay here because someone had mistakenly arranged a meeting while the World Trade Fair was in progress and the Frankfurt hotel trade were at their most gouging. Rooms that normally cost around 65 euro were being quoted at 450 euro and that is no exageration. This flea pit cost 170 euros!

What lessons have I learnt? Don't come to Frankfurt when there is a trade show, or better still don't come to Frankfurt at all!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business