“Skeptical at first but all ok in the end”
Review of Hotel Jaguar

Hotel Jaguar
Ranked #255 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews it was natural for me to think I'd made a mistake in booking for 1 week. Granted, the reception staff is not there most times, only in the afternoon from about 4.30, so just make sure you've got everything clarified before going to your room, e.g. Wi-Fi password. I stayed in a single room in the 3rd floor (no. 136R, which I can recommend ;)). The tv didn't have reception but it didn't bother me as I was not there to watch tv. The bathroom was clean and stocked with soap and shampoo so no complaints there. The bed was clean and comfortable with a nice big window next to it. The room faces the back of the hotel so is quiet. There's a desk and chair which is useful for a bit if office work or study. Buffett breakfast is good and there's a nice variety, although the dudes working the breakfast only speak Italian, oh well, they're helpful enough. I had a strong Wi-Fi reception in my room, good for a bit if downloading and YouTube watching, the reception only dropped out occasionally, but no dramas.

All in all, I could have found a slightly better place for the week (45€/night) but I was happy with my stay. Oh, and the u bahn (Zoo stop) and S bahn (Ostendstraße) and Tram are all only about 150m walk away, very useful!.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Upon first look, I was skeptical about this hotel. I was here on business, and my company paid for the room so I had no dealings with the cost involved, but I can't describe how impressed I was with the personnel there. Everyone was extremely helpful, kind, and considerate and made me feel happy to stay there. The full buffet breakfast was more extensive than what what I was expecting and very good. The rooms weren't the most modern-looking, but everything was clean and take care of, and I slept wonderfully. I wasn't sure of the part of town, but I didn't have any issues whatsoever, and it was great walking distance from lots of restaurants and shops. Not the fanciest place to stay, but after nearly a month in Germany away from my homeland USA, it was refreshing to feel valued as a customer and experience this level of consideration from hotel staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's not the best hotel but the room was clean. With the room that we got we had no bathroom/Toilets but had to share with 2 other rooms, also it was clean. Good price and good location, enough for 1 or 2 nights. The breakfast was better than expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devil28190
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Me and a friend stayed at the hotel 4 nights. Although I booked a room with 2 seperate beds, we got a tiny one with double bed. the receptionist agreed to give us a bigger room only if we add breakfast for the entire staying period - 64 Euro total.
Only after arguing with the hotel CEO, which SHOUTED at us and the interferrence of the agent of whom that hotel was booked from, the CEO agreed to give us the room we originally booked with no extra charge.
Although the hotel declares that all the rooms are equipped with a safe, the safe was locked. When we asked to open it, the CEO claimed that it hasn't been used for years, however "the room is safe".
At the reception desk there's a sign which says that the rooms are cleaned every 2 days, whereas during all our staying it hadn't been cleaned even a single time!

Room Tip: Don't go there! I mean it, don't do that!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Elad S
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I arrived in this hotel yesterday. I could check in at 2 pm already and it was no problem, I think it would've been possible even earlier. I was a little afraid after reading some bad reviews, but when I came in to the room, I noticed that the sheets were clean, bathroom was clean, actually everything. This is a cosy small room. The only negative thing indeed is that there is no closet but still a small rack. It's better than nothing! This place is perfectly fine for sleeping and showering etc. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 729Traveller
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I just arrived today to the Hotel. It's not a modern hotel. Room and services are clean. Hotel has lift and I could go to forth floor with my loggage. They put penalty for people who smoke in the room, for 100 euro, but I can smell Cigarett inside the room. I just went to buy a spray to make it better. I just stay one night. It'S acceptable for one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The worst „hotel“ I have ever been to. It was terribly dirty and the stuff can´t say a word in German or English. They may have done it on purpose!
The room – small, without a wardrobe, double bed – 140 cm long with vomits behind it! Bathroom lacking any heating – like on the North Pole – moreover, the heating was turned off anytime we came back here. The toilet was broken – there was water on the floor and it was noisy as well. On top of that, somebody tried to get into our room at night!
I strongly recommend anybody not to choose this terrible hotel!
After all, I had to visit a doctor with a suspicion of having scabies!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business