All reviews red light the main train station drug users never felt unsafe hotel room is business room would stay again nice room double room convenient location christmas market frankfurt airport clarion eros toiletries romerberg signal
Reviewed 27 November 2011

we stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago and it was absolutely disgusting!
First of all the area is horrible and definitely NOT safe to walk around in the evening.
When we arrived after a long long flight and had therefore asked for a quiet room, which we DID NOT receive we asked at the reception if we could change our room to a quieter room and the staff was very unfriendly and absolutely not helpful.
We had to stay in the same room, which is tiny and not suitable for a couple.
To top it all up there were still hair all over the bathtub.
All together the worst stay ever and would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A_H697
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Much has been said in the reviews of this hotel about its location. The truth is that yes it in the redlight district, however the prostitution is not on open display like it is in cities like Amsterdam. It is behind closed doors in the Eros centres that are situated close by. Yes I did see drug users but they did not bother me.
For anyone wanting easy access to the rail, S bahn, U, bahn, trains, trams and taxis the hotel is perfectly situated only yards from escalator access to HBF station.
Once inside the hotel it is a very pleasant place to stay. My room which I booked and prepaid as a small room was indeed small. I was given the option to upgrade if I wished. The room did however have all the facilities one would expect in a decent hotel, was very clean and air conditioned. I was there during a cold spell and the room was warm.
Breakfast was more than adequate with a good choice of continental options and also hot options of eggs, sausage and beans.
To sum up the hotel is not in the best area of the city, but is priced accordingly. If you want a hotel of a simaler quality in a "better" area then you are going to have to pay twice the price and be prepared to negotiate Frankfurts complicated transport system,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank scagway
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel because the very close location to main station, it is a walking 4-5 min distance. The room was very clean, and not noise from outside even when, by those days, the was a festival in the streets.
The breakfast buffet is in average and the staff very helpful.
We did not go out in the night, so we can not give an opinion about the "red district"

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lourdes_UNAM
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Although I stay hotels quite regularly, I honestly very rarely rate them. I am for this hotel because it seems to be getting a lot of, I think undeserved, bad reviews. My assistant put me in this hotel at the last minute; reading the the review pre-flight I could have been mistaken for thinking she'd booked me into some sort of crack den!

Yes is in a not so nice area, close to the Hauptbahnhof (Which incident in Germany is often going to be a less salubrious area). However this is Frankfurt in Germany, so cannot be compared to dodgy areas of New York or London. I walked back to my hotel from evening meetings on two occasions and felt perfectly safe.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to families with young children. However, for business travelers it's more than suitable; 5 mins from the main station and 15 mins from the Niederand Business District by number 12 Tram. Otherwise, the hotel was very clean, my room had aircon and double glazing (so no noise from outside) and the breakfast was very nice.

All-in-all, not bad!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Interested_Bystander
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed at the hotel for two nights when visiting Frankfurt! no where on the Choice Hotels website did they mention that it was in the Red Light District and I was not be going to leave the hotel after dark because of prostitutes and drug dealers. I was groped twice by prostitutes walking back to the hotel the first night. The next night I went back to my room before dark. Throughout the night there was noise there permiated the room from the goings on outside. The room was clean and old and the breakfast was good. However, I was embarrassed to have my nieces with me at the hotel the first day! It was a horrible, somewhat scary experience and would recommend everyone to saty away unless you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family