All reviews red light the main train station drug users never felt unsafe hotel room is business room would stay again nice room double room convenient location christmas market frankfurt airport eros toiletries romerberg signal desk
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The night that I arrived to the hotel, was so cautious with the red light district. But when the morning starts, wow its the perfect location and its not as scary as I thought. 2mins walk to the central train station, 10mins walk to Romerberg, old town and to Kaiserdom. Good base if you will go to the outskirts since the train is near and the tour agency is near the train stn as well. The hotel room is indeed lovely. Yes the view is not as what you wanted and the noise is visible in your ears. Other than that the room is nice and spacious. I will surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KarrenS9
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is not as bad as some of the other reviewers have made out, well at least not in my experience. I stayed here for 2 nights to visit the Music Messe on business. The hotel is literally a stones throw away from the main railway station in Frankfurt, and it is a 10 minute walk to Messe if you are here for a conference or trade show.
Yes, there are a few sex shops/brothels in the area near the hotel, and I certainly wouldn't recommend staying here with kids or for a romantic getaway. But for a central hotel near all the business areas, and with a quick link to the airport it is perfectly fine.
The old town is about 15-20 mins walk away and is well worth the trip.
Breakfast was fine, with the usual Cereals, Crossaints, Fruits, and English Breakfast(ish)option. And the rooms have all you need and are clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights- thursday and friday. Had a room on the third floor overlooking the sex shops and strip bars. This in itself is not an issue, but the street noise at night was an issue. Police and ambulance sirens were frequent. There was no Internet reception in the room and the receptionist tried to tell me it was my laptop and iPhone that were faulty. The room phone is also switched off by default and one has to call reception to have it activated. The worst aspect was the breakfast menu,where old, stale bread was served two days in a row. That's unforgivable!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Drwhoon
Reviewed 27 November 2011

we stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago and it was absolutely disgusting!
First of all the area is horrible and definitely NOT safe to walk around in the evening.
When we arrived after a long long flight and had therefore asked for a quiet room, which we DID NOT receive we asked at the reception if we could change our room to a quieter room and the staff was very unfriendly and absolutely not helpful.
We had to stay in the same room, which is tiny and not suitable for a couple.
To top it all up there were still hair all over the bathtub.
All together the worst stay ever and would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A_H697
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Much has been said in the reviews of this hotel about its location. The truth is that yes it in the redlight district, however the prostitution is not on open display like it is in cities like Amsterdam. It is behind closed doors in the Eros centres that are situated close by. Yes I did see drug users but they did not bother me.
For anyone wanting easy access to the rail, S bahn, U, bahn, trains, trams and taxis the hotel is perfectly situated only yards from escalator access to HBF station.
Once inside the hotel it is a very pleasant place to stay. My room which I booked and prepaid as a small room was indeed small. I was given the option to upgrade if I wished. The room did however have all the facilities one would expect in a decent hotel, was very clean and air conditioned. I was there during a cold spell and the room was warm.
Breakfast was more than adequate with a good choice of continental options and also hot options of eggs, sausage and beans.
To sum up the hotel is not in the best area of the city, but is priced accordingly. If you want a hotel of a simaler quality in a "better" area then you are going to have to pay twice the price and be prepared to negotiate Frankfurts complicated transport system,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo