Clarion Collection Frankfurt Central Station
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$172
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe red light districtseedy streetmood lightingdouble glazingdrug usershotel room isdecent hotelbusiness roomwould stay againnice roombreakfast buffetconvenient locationchristmas marketerossignalminibarmidnight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I chose this hotel because of the location and stars. The location is great but the hotel should be rated at a maximum of 2 stars. The room (409) I was allocated is TINY to say the least, with a broken air condition, wires taped to the wall, stains on the carpet. Room service came at 15.40 to service the room!!!! I was away all day on business, only to come back to an unserviced room. The internet comes with restrictions, as if I am visiting an African or UAE country where freedom of speech does not exist. I can hardly fit in the shower and I am a thin person, I don't want to think what a large sized body typed person would do. These people should not be allowed to operate.

Room Tip: To get a good room, book another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicko Z
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February 2014. I needed a hotel that was close to the Frankfurt Messe but also not too far away from the city centre and old town.

Getting too the hotel was easy as you can catch the train from the Airport to Hauptbahnhof train station and from there, you walk out of the exit, cross the road and then walk along Taunusstraße and within 5 minutes of leaving the train station, you are at the hotel.

The hotel lobby was clean and tidy and quite colourful and the two people that were on the front desk, seemed friendly. I think the hotel must have been fairly quite the week I went as I was moved to the back of the hotel which the guy on the desk said would be quieter. The hotel is on quite a busy street so I could not complain about the move.

The room I booked was a double and what I got was pretty much as expected. There was a safe that was a little odd to operate, kept giving me an error message at first but then after the first day, worked fine. The tv had a good selection of channels though not many were in English (mostly news channels), thankfully the winter Olympics was still on so I was able to watch something interesting without needing to understand what they were talking about. The tea and coffee making facilities were sufficient but the tea and milk was not replenished after the first day. The room also had a minibar and that was well stocked and was replenished daily.

Overall the room was clean and tidy and in that regard I have no complaints. The bathroom was likewise in a good clean state. My biggest problem with the room was the pillows and the duvet. To date the pillows in this hotel are the most uncomfortable that I have ever experienced in a hotel. Now to most people they may be fine but I just didn't like them, they were far too soft and slightly too big. The duvet was too small, it looked to be from a single bed but the room had a double bed and every time I turned over, the duvet was no longer covering me. In the end I had to get the second duvet from the cupboard and use that as well. Other than the duvet and pillows, the bed itself was fine, was just the right firmness for my liking.

I stayed at the hotel for five nights and during that time I had no issues with any staff members, everyone I spoke to, whether they were on the front desk or members of the cleaning staff, all were friendly and helpful. Aside from what I mentioned above, I had nothing really to complain about, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and in Frankfurt.

There is one issue that some people may have but its not really the hotels fault and that is that the hotel is basically in the red light district and the area is a little seedy, though I never really felt threatened while I was there. The benefit to the area is that there are plenty of places to eat and drink and with its location you are not too far away from any of the main sights, especially with the train station and metro within a minutes walk of the hotel.

All in all despite the few negatives, this is a good hotel, conveniently located and it was also reasonably priced for its star rating.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main street as there are bars and strip clubs nearby and lots of people about so it can be a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Zebramanii
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I knew I booked for a single room but the room I got 114 was literally 4 square meter. Bed had a comfortable mattress but it was placed between wall and wall. I am 1,98 and had to spend the night sleeping folded as a newspaper. Reception should avoid allocating this room to tall guys, or at least advice prior to booking. The room was so small I could not move the bed. Room was clean and heat termperatura was good too. I have learned to book with more time, for the 150 euros I paid next year I will be in a nice NH, with a big room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Francisco Jose V
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Good location close to central station, lots of bars and restaurants opened late near by. The staff were very friendly and helpful although it was a shame the hotel bar was rarely open. But the rooms weren't up to scratch. It's advertised as a 4 star hotel, I have no idea what gives them that rating. The rooms were very very small, probably the smallest hotel room i've ever been in, and also very tatty, marks on the wall, stains on the carpet etc. It wasn't all bad, the beds were comfortable and they managed somehow to squeeze most things into this small room like a coffee maker, iron & iron board etc. The fridge and a safe was in the wardrobe which didn't leave much room to hang up any clothing. Overall it did the job but I would only stay here again if it were very cheap otherwise you can get a lot more space for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AT67
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I booked this hotel through Travel Republic and I have to say the reviews I read previously were pretty negative. I went to see my sister in the English Theatre so the hotel was in the perfect location to walk to the theatre with ease, in addition to being a close walk to the main train station and a 20 minute walk to the town centre. Our room was classed as one of the bigger rooms in the hotel, and I thought it was a decent size for the price we paid. I would recommend this for a short city trip as it has everything you need for business or tourism.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the first floor at the front of the hotel which was apparently bigger than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple