“UGH.”

Ranked #223 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Issaquah, Washington
“UGH.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I paid $143.00 for 1 night at this hotel. It was just a room with dirty walls, no shampoo, lotion etc. and no air conditioning. It was in the red light district, had a view of a wall and a dirty rooftop and breakfast was not included. It was rated 3 stars but is barely a 1 star.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I took our teenagers on a tour of Europe in 2007 and this was our first stop. None of the reviews I read at the time, nor the photos on their website, indicate that it is in the RED LIGHT DISTRICT so I'm re-itterating it again.

Our cab driver from the airport seemed surprised when I gave him the address - he motioned to my daughter and said "Red Light District." So, I was not happy when we arrived. I said sarcastically to the young man at the desk that their website should mention it was not for families. He gave us the key and said to go look at the rooms - he guaranteed they were immaculate. If we did not like them we could have our money back. And he was right - the rooms were spotless.

We asked the kids what they thought and if the neighbourhood made them uncomfortable - they said as long as they stayed close to is they were fine and we decided to look at this as an adventure. I was okay with that until half an hour later we left to walk around and find a restaurant. The first crosswalk, where we waited (it felt like forever) had a giant display window for a sex toy store. It was all out in the open and some of it was pretty gross. Luckily the kids thought the best part was my shocked face!

The Lido directly across from the Hotel is a strip club with private rooms upstairs. The constant stream of taxis full of young men shouting and partying was broken up once and awhile by the excitement of the doorman chucking some guy to the curb.

The bar right next to the hotel's front entrance blasts dance music until 4:00am. You could actually feel the base reverb the floor under our feet. Our kids' room faced the back of the hotel and they said they could barely hear it.

All this being said, I must mention that of the 5 countries we visited, this was consistently the best breakfast we had by far. I would not even call it continental! Of course it's Germany so the selection of breads, cheeses, sausages and cold meats was like a deli. There was also boiled eggs, pastries, lovely granola and excellent jams and fruit.

So, my rec is get a room at the back of the hotel and enjoy a great breakfast and you should be okay.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AlyssaSaturley

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for the price and for what they offered, very good located close of the main train station (5 min). Clean and peaceful to rest after a long trip.
The breakfast is included and very nice attendance.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Alejandro G
Offenbach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Wonderful hotel , price worth near to the train station and city . staff very helpful.
i loved to book this hotel again. breakfast was excellent . fair ground is 15 min. walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: choose the room on the back side are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Ashutosh45
Kansas City, Mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My credit card was stolen back in 2005 at this very hotel. . It was taken out of my suitcase. Very bad hotel personel at hotel. However, room was nice from what I can remember. There is some type of scam they are running here. Just beware.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank jm73174
Queens, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I am also a victim of like most of other guests reviews here . Front desk and entire staff has cheated . Looks expatriates running this hotel and family friends and my suitcase with 1500 Euro missing . I checked response was you should take care else it is Germany . Also has charged me 82 Euro per night for 4 nights while they book on 37 Euro for others . arrogant staff , ready to have a war with you all time... will never advise anyone ... saw near streets prostitues take room here for their clients . ..dirty rooms , stinking , no lights , no wardrobe absolute waste ..please stay away from this hotel

Room Tip: I am also a victim of like most of other guests reviews here . Front desk and entire staff has chea...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sam D
WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Somehow I missed the terrible reviews of this hotel, I don't know how, and naively booked it for about 100 Euros for a triple. Our experience wasn't as bad as some of the others except for the incredible noise and the disgusting skanky denizens of this street. The shower was nice, the beds were comfortable enough, and the desk personnel with whom we dealt were fairly pleasant.

However, it's absolutely impossible to sleep between the traffic and the nonstop shouting of the pimps, drunks and hookers all night long. I'm just hoping I won't find out they've stolen our credit card number!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family