“Hopeless”
Review of Hotel Everest

Hotel Everest
Ranked #219 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The chances of you actually getting a room here even if you have booked it 2 months in advance is slimmer than finding life on Mars. They charged me for 10 days as advance payment and when I reached Frankfurt, I was told there were no rooms. And to get back the money that I had already paid, it took me 2 months. And the Manager reminds of Saddam Hussain.

Room Tip: Choose to live on the footpath but not in Hotel Everest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S

Reviewed 15 February 2011

This hotel has changed the price after my reservation and cancellation fee. Once I am not stayed at this hotel, they took money from my account.
I am use the Booking.com service, and they inform me that hotel Everest violated the rules of the agreement.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Vlad6969
Reviewed 9 February 2011

So I thought I better write my review to warn people not to stay here.
When we first came up to the hotel after walking from the station with our bags .........I groaned (I think out loud) - the hotel literally looked like a dive. So we thought don't judge a book by its cover maybe it will be ok.
Suprisingly the rooms are large and clean, even though they are slightly dated. This is probably one of the only positives of the Hotel.
The Negatives however outway staying here:
The area always had people hanging around to about 10pm at night drinking at a Bar that seemed to be a shopfront style, that sold the paper and beer. One night cops actually were there clearing these groups of people. We did not feel comfortable once it was dark to walk around.
The Breakfast room which was separate from the hotel was bizzare in that it seemed that hotel guests weren't actually eating there but locals from around the area. They were too familiar with staff who often ignored you. In saying that the breakfast was good. Sausages, eggs etc.
The reason why I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAY HERE was because of our last night: We had gone to bed early due to leaving for Australia the next day. At about 12.30am I heard noise in the hallway and then some-one turning our door handle. Thankfully i had left the key in the door as it was a deadlock so it wasn't able to be opened. We yelled at them to go away and then in English he said i need to find out about the WIFI (we had a laptop and had actually given a laptop bag to the reception guy that day after buying a new one). He then after yelling at him pretended to go away, I had my hand on the door knob and he was actually on the other side pulling it down waiting for us to open up and check who had been there. THIS FREAKED ME OUT...........we rang reception and he came up- but off course they were gone - there is a back entrance to this place as well as the front, from a side alley. He tried to tell us that the door was locked etc. Even though it may not be the case, i felt the hotel may have even had something to do with this as they put us in a certain room that when they were the front reception girl seemed suprised and kept repeating that he wanted to put us in there. The room was also of in its own corridor with not other rooms next to it. This too had happened at the hotel we had just left but was some-one drunk who knew how to get in the rooms. This though felt like we were definitely going to be robbed. I was glad to leave the next morning. Next time we will make sure we either use 3 stars and above or security peepholes. We are coming back to Germany as we love it there, just a pity bout these two hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We had booked at Everest hotel through www.ratestogo.com
After ten days and since the hotel was always answering to our phones as we never booked at it, ratestogo.com helpdesk called us and told us Everest had canceled the reservation.

Apparently at end of January 2010 there are three exhibitions in Frankurt that boosted hotel prices.
The Everest management thought would be appropriate to cancel all "cheap" bookings and make a fortune.
Thank God we insisted on confirming the booking, otherwise we would be in Frankfurt on prime time with no hotel for us and our kids.

Avoid it, it's totally unreliable

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 4 September 2009

great little place, very basic but fine for short stay, rooms are clean, pillows very comfortable and a wonderful buffet breakfast with LOTS to choose from in the morning, also free wifi which is extremely handy. very close to train station so extremely convenient too, bus from ryan air just around the corner. gave this hotel a huge thumbs up, it was convenient, practical and most importantly cheap!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

We needed an inexpensive place to stay not too far from the main train station. This hotel is in a quiet area - but it is about 20 minutes walk from the train station and a little hard to find. Our room (for 2 adults and 2 teenagers) was a decent size with a small balcony at the front of the hotel. Adequate for the price and relatively clean - the bathroom was fine. The restaurant is in the back yard of the hotel - it was fine - decent breakfast. If you're looking for a hotel close to restaurants and attractions, this is not it - but it was an OK choice for our last night before we headed home the next day.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I have stayed at the everest a couple of times and i have always been treated and served well. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and there is a daily maidservice.
I am in Frankfurt every couple of weeks and although this hotel is a 2 minute walk away from the main station, it is situated in a 10mph zone and therefore very quiet. Now, I do travel a lot and I have been to many hotels all over the world, so, I do know a bit about roomsizes...the rooms that I lived in were definitely larger than the most hotelrooms I have been in. The hotel has recently been redecorated and look bright and nice. The Breakfast is rather simple and consists of rolls, different breads , eggs and sausages, cold meats and chhese and cereals.

The prices for the rooms are certainly good and I would always go back into this hotel as I have never had any complains. Free wifi does work fine, small tv as well and the balcony is nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)