“Worst ever - feel thoroughly cheated!”
Review of Hotel Everest

Hotel Everest
Ranked #217 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 12 February 2012

They are not worth spending time describing, BUT to everyone contemplating living there - DON'T!!! Examples like free internet included - means ONLY if you sit in the reception area. Most rooms - even though not described - have toilet and bath in the dirty hall-ways. And on the dirty note - everything is dirty - I mean EVERYTHING! They can NEVER have been awarded the stars they have - 1 star is too much and together with a price of €125 for tiny double room without toilet and bath during fair-weeks is utterly rip-off!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Juiceon1

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Horrible hotel - particularly given the price paid! Heating unreliable, breakfast poor, room as spartan as is possible to be.

Be warned!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank gazzala
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My room was very small and i had a shower and sink in the room, not a separate area from the room.
The toillet was on the corridor.
Breakfast was poor.
The internet connection is only available at the lobby / restaurant area and not in the room.

I wouldnt recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DeliaTimisoara
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed here for business in Feb, 2011 for 6 nights. The room was booked over 5 months in advance. When I arrived after a long 11 hour journey to check in, I was told that there were no rooms available the first night and that I needed to stay at their sister hotel down the block. So I was forced to walk 5-6 blocks with my suitcase to this random hotel. The people at the front desk of both hotels did not care at all...it was as if this was normal for them to send customers to another hotel. So I stayed one night at this crusty hotel and then rolled my way back to the Everest to get my room. Not impressed.
Then I tried to use the phone in my room. It didn't work with a calling card. They said they would fix it and every day they said it would be taken care of. The last day they informed me that the long distance card never works with the room phones. what the ???
Breakfast was ok. That was the only saving grace.
My coworkers also experienced the following:
1.) checked into a room with a person showering in it.
2.) was sleeping and someone entered the room.

I would not stay here again. Did you notice that the management has not responded to a single complaint?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank travelbug76
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The chances of you actually getting a room here even if you have booked it 2 months in advance is slimmer than finding life on Mars. They charged me for 10 days as advance payment and when I reached Frankfurt, I was told there were no rooms. And to get back the money that I had already paid, it took me 2 months. And the Manager reminds of Saddam Hussain.

Room Tip: Choose to live on the footpath but not in Hotel Everest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 15 February 2011

This hotel has changed the price after my reservation and cancellation fee. Once I am not stayed at this hotel, they took money from my account.
I am use the Booking.com service, and they inform me that hotel Everest violated the rules of the agreement.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Vlad6969
Reviewed 9 February 2011

So I thought I better write my review to warn people not to stay here.
When we first came up to the hotel after walking from the station with our bags .........I groaned (I think out loud) - the hotel literally looked like a dive. So we thought don't judge a book by its cover maybe it will be ok.
Suprisingly the rooms are large and clean, even though they are slightly dated. This is probably one of the only positives of the Hotel.
The Negatives however outway staying here:
The area always had people hanging around to about 10pm at night drinking at a Bar that seemed to be a shopfront style, that sold the paper and beer. One night cops actually were there clearing these groups of people. We did not feel comfortable once it was dark to walk around.
The Breakfast room which was separate from the hotel was bizzare in that it seemed that hotel guests weren't actually eating there but locals from around the area. They were too familiar with staff who often ignored you. In saying that the breakfast was good. Sausages, eggs etc.
The reason why I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAY HERE was because of our last night: We had gone to bed early due to leaving for Australia the next day. At about 12.30am I heard noise in the hallway and then some-one turning our door handle. Thankfully i had left the key in the door as it was a deadlock so it wasn't able to be opened. We yelled at them to go away and then in English he said i need to find out about the WIFI (we had a laptop and had actually given a laptop bag to the reception guy that day after buying a new one). He then after yelling at him pretended to go away, I had my hand on the door knob and he was actually on the other side pulling it down waiting for us to open up and check who had been there. THIS FREAKED ME OUT...........we rang reception and he came up- but off course they were gone - there is a back entrance to this place as well as the front, from a side alley. He tried to tell us that the door was locked etc. Even though it may not be the case, i felt the hotel may have even had something to do with this as they put us in a certain room that when they were the front reception girl seemed suprised and kept repeating that he wanted to put us in there. The room was also of in its own corridor with not other rooms next to it. This too had happened at the hotel we had just left but was some-one drunk who knew how to get in the rooms. This though felt like we were definitely going to be robbed. I was glad to leave the next morning. Next time we will make sure we either use 3 stars and above or security peepholes. We are coming back to Germany as we love it there, just a pity bout these two hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple