“Okay, but farther from the airport than i expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Gasthaus Zum Loewen
Gasthaus Zum Loewen
Ranked #11 of 36 Frankfurt B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Okay, but farther from the airport than i expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I arrived here about 10 pm on a Saturday night. Thankfully there was someone waiting for me, as I had read other reviews about having to call for a code to get a key when arriving at night. Check in was easy. The room was small and cozy. The blanket was a little small, but oh well. Breakfast was ok. Free wifi in the rooms had a very good connection. Staff was helpful when needed, including late checkout.

I had expected the hotel to be closer to the airport. It cost 30 euros to get there in taxi, and the same getting back to airport. But still a lot cheaper than the Hilton at the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

On our last night in Germany, we stayed at this Gasthaus which is conveniently located close to the airport; the rooms are clean and spacious, the food in the biergarten was delicious...huge portions...and the breakfast was typically German fare..also delicious. But, in the 25 days of staying in 8 different bed & breakfasts throughout Germany and France, this was by far the rudest and most unwelcome place we have ever encountered..immediately upon arrival, owner demanded our money, begrudgingly showed us our rooms, and any small questions we may have had during the rest of the day were answered by him or his wife smugly and not at all friendly. Okay, maybe they're having a bad day..nope, he took our order for dinner and served it as if he were intruding, no music in biergarten, no asking how it tasted, then just handed us the bill and just stood there and waited. ..looks like he doesn't like what he does anymore..huge disappointment on our last night in Germany, so I wouldn't give him my business again..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Canadianholiday
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

This is a great place to stay, very close to the city of Frankfurt (am-Main). The staff/management are very welcoming, polite, helpful, accommodating (I could go on...). The B&B is a short trip from the city. I was travelling by car so didn't need to use public transport, but I believe you could reach the city by bus reasonably quickly. For people travelling by car, they offer free parking (the car park is locked overnight but you have a key should you need to get in or out). They offer excellent food and drink in the bar/restaurant. The place is very popular among the locals, but they don't close late at night (even at the weekend) so you will not be disturbed by rowdy revellers. The room I was in was comfortable. I had a heater in there which I was able to adjust as I wished. The room was equipped with a TV, as far as I know it just had German channels but I wasn't there to watch TV so no problem. The bed was comfortable. They came every day to clean/change towels. The bathroom was nice and clean and new looking. There was no minibar in my room but there was a bottle of water left out for me on the table upon my arrival. You should find everything you need to survive in the local shops in the town. I would definitely return to this place or recommend it to people who come to visit me now that I live in Frankfurt.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business