“Don't understand the problems”

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center
Ranked #109 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 14 March 2012

While not perfect, this is a very decent budget hotel, and well located for the train station. I'm happy to give full marks, partly to help correct the unfair criticism this place is receiving.

Many have commented on the 'shared' balcony/fire escape setup at the back of the hotel. Our room indeed opened up onto one of these. It certainly isn't ideal from a security standpoint, but we didnt feel too uncomfortable with it. There is also a safe in the room for valuables. Our main concern was that we'd have to sleep with the window closed - which we hate. But found the window/door had dual opening and could be tilted back for ventilation, rather than fully opened. Which was fine.

Our room was very clean, comfortable & quiet. Overall excellent value. Staff were a little stiff but helpful and spoke english for us which was nice. The breakfast was excellent too, easily the best we've had in a budget end hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor at the rear, quieter and brighter than lower floors
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelPaulUK
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Didn't feel very clean but the room was a decent size. In general the hotel appeared scruffy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank darrenhouk
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I booked this hotel because I knew it was just across from the train station and I was only staying one night and had an early train to catch. So in that respect the location was great but it's also the red light district which was not so great especially for a solo female traveller.

I had booked a single room but got upgraded to a double room when I checked in. The room was on the 7th floor but the lift only went to the 6th floor and I had to carry my luggage up the last flight of stairs. Not a problem for me but might be for others.

The room was fairly clean but not to the standard I would expect. The most worrying part was that the balcony was accessible from the other rooms so I couldn't leave the balcony door open as it wasn't safe. I had previously stayed at a Leonardo Hotel in Munich which was fine so I expected more from this place. It seemed a little dodgy to me and I wouldn't stay here again. At least I only paid 40 euros for the night which was a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank destinationeu
Reviewed 22 September 2011

After beeing kicked out of another hotel as the rooms where not available there, i looked at options to be close to city centre so that i can take my train to Berlin, and my office desk booked this hotel for me. This is just besides the Main train Station in frankfurt. The rooms are pretty big compared to some other hotels i stayed in frankfurt central for about 90 EUR a day.

The hotel like many other hotels dont provide free Internet access in the room and its charged for different slots. However the lobby area has free access and that too only for a few hours a day.
The Food is not so great and they dont provide any complimentary breakfast. the hotel has a attached disco where the music keeps playing till early morning.

I checked out of this hotel in 3 days, but definitely i can say its not a bad stop over if you want to be in Central Frankfurt near railway station.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunil-Globetroter
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The Leonardo is a city hotel just out of the Main train station. the hotel offer clean and modern rooms although a little to small for my liking. for a short City Stop this hotel keeps you close to all the frankfurt action. The reception area is small ( a corridor really), the staff was barely competent in my opinion. Although I booked through their own website it took around 10 minutes to find my reservation which as annoying when you are told you have no reservation despite the print-out in hand.

If you are a lover of Latin food and Music the hotel is attached with famous Chango a restaurant/disco this Frankfurt Hot spot regularly have concerts with big Latin music stars.
However due to this, if you are seeking a place to get a quite night sleep... you are out of luck. the music blazes till early morning then there is the noisy crowd.

Like all hotels in Frankfurt this hotel hikes up tariff to unreasonable levels during the Messe, avoid going during the exhibition periods if you can.

Room Tip: Ask for Higher floor away from the night club if you are a light sleeper and need to sleep
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2011

If you want beautiful scenery outside your window and a quiet surrounding neighborhood this is not the place for you. If you need a low cost 1 night stay in a downtown setting and want to be a VERY short walk from the main train station this place is very convenient and comfortable. Its a typical european hotel - ugly exterior, small lobby, small room size, mediocre breakfast and small bar. Its around the block from the red light district so youll see some questionable people walking around. I had a single room that was extremely small but was clean, everything worked and it was comfortable. The place was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The wifi worked well. There was an iron available. This is a place to stay if you dont plan to spend much time in the room and need a functional 1 night stay downtown close to the Hauptbahnhoff. You can even walk from here to the Messe on a nice day.

Room Tip: ask for a double. The single bed is really small
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this Hotel. . we were only staying foe one night on our way to Austria, and arriving qiute late in the evening and leaving early the next day ,we didnt have time to make use of all the facilities , but we had a lovely comfortable room with tea making , good air conditioning which was needed as it was a very warm night,the breakfast room was a bit busy but maybe others were also leaving early too. The Hotel was very convenient for the railway station , we would definatly stay there again if visiting the town again and perhaps be able to stay longer to appreciate the Hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple