Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center
Ranked #102 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We chose this hotel for it's close proximity to the main train station and for the price. We had an early-ish train one morning so being so close to the station was very handy and as for the price, well it was cheaper for us to stay at this hotel than most of the hostels that we stayed in during our month long stay in Europe. I was a bit wary after reading some of the reviews on here but we need not have worried. Our stay was a very positive one. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 7th floor. (Note that the elevator only goes to the 6th floor. This was not a problem for us but may be for some.) It did not overlook the street so was very quiet. We had a great nights sleep. The room was actually fairly big. It was clean with modern furnishings. Double bed which was comfortable, wardrobe and hanging space, desk, chair, phone, tv, a small safe, ensuite, kettle with tea and coffee, and a small balcony. There was also an A-Z help directory folder in the room however it was missing half the alphabet... The bathroom was clean and a very decent size. There was a bath with a shower attachment above. Best shower I had all trip. The breakfast was well organised and plentiful. Being close to the train station was great however the streets around the hotel are some what dodgy even during the daytime. We felt perfectly safe but it just didn't have a nice feel. I wouldn't be walking around there at nighttime though. Also there is a tram that runs outside the hotel and I could imagine that that would be quite noisy for those with a room facing the street... We would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Friendly staff, nice clean room, reasonably priced, close to main railway station, 5 minute walk from city centre.

only real downside was the room {6001} was next to the stair well which was very echo,y and next door to the hotel is a night club and could hear the bass until early hours of sunday morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I'll start with the positives. The hotel is in a great location for those using the Festhalles for business. Proximity to the main station and the Underground is great and trams pass by the door.
I found the staff helpful and friendly. The room was dated but I didn't find it to be dirty.

The down side is that it's so, so, noisy! I didn't get a good night out of the three I stayed and returned from my trip absolutely jaded. This was not a cheap hotel and more could be done to mitigate the noise into the room. The aircon system just didn't work and the room stayed very warm. As it was so noisy I couldn't open the window either. Access from the street is not keyed and even with a safe in the room I dare not leave valuables there. The street outside is patrolled by quite aggressive beggars, not too bad for a guy travelling alone but definitely a no no for a female. We will return for our trade show next year but we will be paying a little more and staying nearer the Festhalles nearer the

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a room that doesn't face on to the street! Might be quieter. It wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Quadcab
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I have been travelling with business for 20 years and this place ranks in the top two worst hotels I ever stayed in. On the first night there was no hot water for a shower or bath. It took some hours to fix this. The following day there was no electricity in the whole of the floor. So no ventilation, no ability to charge phone, nothing. This happened twice in the four days of the stay. The staff did not really care and in fact tried to blame me for using a phone charger! The room smells of tobacco and something stale. The carpets and bedding were unacceptably dirty. I pulled back the bottom sheet and found a mass of hairs and a brown stain. Yuck...

Other things; area is unsafe, drug takers, beggars, predatory hustlers etc.

No facilities in the room, no fridge etc.

Does not feel safe, too easy access for anyone from the street to enter without being noticed.

Do not stay in this place

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have been in this hotel for a short night on my way back home. I cannot say much more about a long staying or if it is comfortable to visit Frankfurt but the location if you need to stay near Main Central Station cannot be better. Only 2 minutes walking and 1 minute from Ryanair picking point bus to Frankfurt Am Airport. Rooms are very big and bathroom is fully equiped even with samples from Garnier or Nivea. Bath and shower are in it and it is very roomy. Amenities are included with 4 different kind of teas and coffee. Breakfast is 15€ and I would definately not recommend it since you have a lot of places to have it in the station or others. Price is very goof and staff kind the only thing I would say against the hotel is their lack of free WiFi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Only two minutes from Frankfurt Hbf. on foot. Its really convenient for traverers staying in Frankfurt just for connection on trains. The room was enough for one night. Clean room and enough size. I'm afraid that the area around the Hotel, near Furankfurt Hbf. seemed a insecure neigborhood just a bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights when my husband ran the Frankfurt marathon. A friend who'd originally been planning to come with us had made the booking - so we had no clue what we'd find. Well, we couldn't have been happier. The location was totally ideal for us, as it was a few minutes from the fair and congress center where the marathon started and ended, and also right across from the main railroad station. The hotel has a subterranean parking lot, so that was no worry either. Staff were extremely accommodating and top friendly. The room was spacious enough, modern and very clean. As a last minute decision we had to take out dogs along. That, too, was no big deal at the hotel. There's a moderate charge for dogs, but ours are small and well behaved (no barking) and in the end we were only charged for the dogs for one night rather than three. The breakfast buffet overs a nice variety.
The hotel is on a street with mostly restaurants and shops in what's an older neighborhood. So the outside of the hotel is definitely not scenic, but we were very happy with our stay and would stay there again. There's a streetcar right outside to the downtown area.
The only negative aspect was the first night when there was some kind of special party in the Irish pub on the first floor of the adjacent building and you could hear the noise till very late - not all that loud, but you could hear it for sure in the rooms. The other nights were quiet.
The room prices were quite reasonable as well. WiFi in the rooms was extra, but not excessive expensive.
There was a combination-lock safe in the cabinet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple