“Just don't”

Ranked #111 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Frankfurt, Germany
“Just don't”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I could not "unrecommend" this hotel more. Even if you are just looking for something nearby the center and cheap, just don't go to Leonardo.
Noisy rooms, rude personel, annoying service, worst wifi ever for premium prices, situated in the worst street of Frankfurt.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mirfield
Reviewed 1 November 2013

If you are unfortunate enough to have to stay at this hotel demand a room at the rear away from the continuous tram noise and the nightclub next door on a weekend otherwise like me you will get no sleep at all. Staff okay but rooms although spacious are in need of upgrading. I have stayed at Leonardo hotels previously which we're of a much better standard.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Hotel is right in frnt of the main train station, which would be good, but it is also within walking distance of the red zone, there are beggars on the Street and really it´s not a nice neighborhood to live in.
Also the room is pretty small with the bare essentials. The bed was a wooden shelf with a conforter instead of linen. No drawers, the "desk" has a bunch of stupid stuff hindering it from beeing a Workstation, only a very small window looking at an alley fuul of garbage containers, the walls were so thin one could hear the neighbors, and nothing was included, you had to pay extra for WiFi and breakfast. Ah, the bathroom towel was a small gym like used one!
No gym nor pool, obviously!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FranciscoKuri
London
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have done a lot of traveling and stayed at many hotels and even cheap basic hotels can show friendliness and valuable hospitality to guests. A smile can go a long way.

Conclusion: I won't stay here ever again because of the poor customer service (they threatened to call the police on me (see point 4)) and it was not clean (see point 5). If you are a young tech savy guest, or needing to stay in the city for a lengthy period, this is probably not the best place in my opinion. I will not stay here again.

Cons:
1. before I arrived, I emailed to ask if the room has a fridge. No response.
2. when I arrived, the receptionist told me to walk down the hall to find the elevator. I found it and it did not work. I inquired about it and asked for help (to carry my luggage up all those stairs). He sighed. He was clearly frustrated and had better things to do.
3. The internet for (14 days @ 145 EUR) advertised high speed where you can "download large files" and "use a VPN". The speed did not top 25kb/s and I could barely open my internet and web-surf. At 145 Eur this is a ripoff and false advertising. I emailed reception and they gave me 50% off (72.5 eur). I told them the reason for why I got the internet and this is not suitable for me and is not worth 72.5 eur - no response. I later went in person to the desk and they admitted it was slow and told me to phone their service provider and sort it out myself. Honestly!? I am a guest, sort out your own network issues.
4. At checkout, I complained about point 3. He wanted to charge me full price (@145 EUR). I refused. He said he is not going to go look up my email history on his hotel PC for proof of the 50% discount. He threatened to call the police on me because I refused to pay. I looked it up on my mobile and I showed him, he still refused to give me the discount because it may not be "authentic". We battled it out until he said yes and looked it up on his own PC.
5. Upon arrival, I saw urine stains on the toilet seat. I had to clean it myself.

Neutral:
- The room is very small, but that's not a really big problem.

Pro:
-Really close to the main train station

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Room was very basic and clean but noisy during the night, music from techno club nearby. My only real problem with the place was the wifi price was very steep. It is in a convenient location with lots of restaurants around, next to main railway station, shopping and tourist sites all near by. It was okay for what we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor your concerning your recent stay at our Hotel. I am glad to hear you find our location so convenience and you had a good stay in general. We appreciate your valuable comments and constructive feedback which would be useful to improve our service.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Fuzhou,China
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is very near the Frankfurt Hbf.Actually you can have a Line-of-sight of the Bahnhof.I used only 2 minutes by walk to get to the bahnhof.Room size is medium.You'll get no teakettle.Opposite the street,there is a Malay restaurant.We had a pleasant dinner there.
Disadvantage of this hotel is that there is no free wifi.In the lobby there is a PC with which you can browse the internet.That brought us a problem on twitter.
The breakfast is in first floor,average level.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor. I was really pleased you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Best Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is literally 3 min walk from the main train station. Reception is friendly and helpful. The guy went out of his reception desk to show me the way to walk the street. Hotel looks torn, specially the carpet in the corridors, but surprisingly it was not the case in the room. I had single and it was very very very small, the smallest i have seen in Germany. But, it had all i needed, it was clean and i didnt feel bad as its totally worth the price. One thing i have to complain about - pillow(s), or actually the lack of it; because the flat thin piece of pressed cotton i had on my bed could be hardly called a pillow. After asking for extra, the problem was solved.
Bfast was good.
If i happen to stay in Frankfurt again i would do Leonardo again with no doubts.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay in our property. I am glad to hear you find our location so convenient and you had a good stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,