“kakkerlakken”

Ranked #113 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“kakkerlakken”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed in a single room on the ground floor, check-in date 2014-06-26, check-out date 2014-06-30. The second night I was there there were booming noises coming from next door. It appeared I was sharing a wall with an all night discotheque. I was offered another ground floor room. The last night I was there I could not fall asleep. I put on the light and saw a cockroach on the carpet. I killed it and went to the night porter to complain. He just threw it in the street and offered me yet another room, but I knew I would not be able to sleep anymore, so I declined the offer. On my way back to my room I saw a second cockroach in the elevator area, and in the early morning a third cockroach more in my room. I have complained and I was told I would get a refund for two nights. It is now 2014-07-31 and I have still not received that refund. The hotel is situated in a very dirty area with overflowing dustbins. Two doors down a greengrocer throws his rotten fruit and vegetables in the gutter every evening and the front door and two back doors of the Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center are open all night long. No wonder the place is full of cockroaches!

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John S
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear John,

we appreciate your review and your personal view of the experiences that you have made at our hotel. I want to apologize for all the inconvinience caused during your stay.
Regarding you issues, I have forwarded your feedback to our executive housekeeper.

While I am unable to change the experience that you had with us, I would like to reasure you that we always have high standards and that it is feedback such as yours that allows us to improve on that.

I would be happy if we can convince you of our high service standards at a next visit in Frankfurt.

best regards,

Team Leonardo Frankfurt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having stayed in the Leonardo in Duesseldorf I set my expectations too high. This hotel in Frankfurt is in need to a make over. Peeling paint in places and brown dubious carpets really gave an impression of a cheap downmarket establishment.
I was pleased when reception announced that I had a room at the back of the hotel - after a day in the office I was looking forward to a good nights sleep and an early start only to find that there is a nightclub next door which has a tent arrangement in the yard beside the hotel. Music until the early hours. I needed to open the window because the room was smelly - I checked for mouldy sandwiches under the bed because I could not believe that a room was naturally perfumed this way.
The kind of hotel where you keep your socks on because the carpet is not entirely inviting.
The hotel is a street away from what appears to be the red light district and my evening walk was punctuated by invitations to 'have a good time'. Never again - I'll pay a few euros more next time and upgrade.
On the positive side it is only 4 minutes from the main station so a getaway is quick.
Dear Leonardo Hotels - please invest to bring this one to the standard of the Duesseldorf hotel which I can recommend.

Room Tip: if there are delux rooms then I did not find them
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LeonardoHotelsFra, Executive Assistant at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear that we could not met your expectations. I can assure you that the opinion of our guests is our top priority. I want to apologize for all the inconvinience caused during your stay and would be happy if we can convince you of the high standards at our Hotel for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Team Leonardo Frankfurt

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We waited for hours to check in to this hotel, which wasn't ideal as this hotel is situated next to the red light district and is a area with a lot of drug use. On check in we were told we had a room with a balcony on the 7th floor, the lift only went to the 6th and we had to carry the cases, on our own up another 2 flights of stairs. We then realised that the rude receptionist had given us a card key to a room that obviously required a actual key. Back down the stairs to be huffed at then back up the stairs to one of the most horrific hotel rooms I've seen. The carpets were covered in some sort of dry, white and tacky substance (I dread to think) the bedding was filthy, the balcony was a window that led on to the fire escape that looked like it was going to collapse at any moment, the view was some sort of makeshift housing, we could hear the ladies from the red light district shouting their wares at 4 in the afternoon, there was some sort of substance smeared on the wall and live bugs on the window sill. We stayed in the room long enough to book another hotel and left, we hadn't used any amenities and the rude receptionist informed us that we weren't allowed to leave without seeing a manager. We left a email address and got out of there before we caught something. I will never stay in a leonardo hotel again and for your own sanitation I advise you don't either

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erin2nicole
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear erin2nicole,

thank you very much for your open words and honest feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We instantaneously forwarded your comment about the cleanliness of your room and the receptionst to our Executive housekeeper and front office Manager. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this caused to you.

Guest feedback like yours is very important to us and helps us to improve our service quality constantly. Thank you once again for taking the time to inform us about your impressions during your stay.

best regards,
Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been traveling to Frankfurt at least once every year for six years now and have stayed in various hotels. Even some right next door to the Leonardo in the RED LIGHT/ NARCO DISTRICT, that were ok. However, nowhere has it happened that the room was stinking of cigarettes (despite the no smoking sign) that when I the girl finally came up from the reception she was holding her nose!
Unfortunately there were no other rooms (or so they told me) and I was stuck there in the TINY STINKY ROOM 129 located on the first floor. Thanks to enough G&T I could go to sleep.
By morning, the stench was almost gone when at 7:30 someone started moving around METAL CARTS just underneath the room and waking up the entire floor. The story repeated itself again the next day.
Luckily, I was not alone in this ordeal, as THE COCKROACHES seemed stressed as well.

Breakfast was ok, but we paid a ridiculous price and the WIFI WAS CHARGED as well.

So the Irish pub next door, with free Wi-Fi, became our office and would have been more pleasant to sleep in as the Leonardo Hotel.

There are plenty alternatives in Frankfurt, go there.

Room Tip: If there is no other hotel, find another hotel! If you still want to stay here, do not expect much a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jan O,

thank you for your honest feedback. We are really sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and regret for giving you cause for complaint.

Due to your comments we are able to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests. The improvement of our services and standards is our main concern and we always try to do our best.

Please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon at one of our Leonardo Hotels.

Warm regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel got great location,just across the hauptbahnhof with a pass underground which made it very comfort espacially since it's been a bit raining.
Rhe hotel is quiet with clean rooms and good breakfast, although it's at the edge the immagrents area it was ok and not disturbing at all.
The only minus for that hotel (from my point of view) is the fact that there isn't free wifi so i had to buy a card for my phone from the store nearby.
After all i think that the hotel location and comfort gives good value for money and it's worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Tsachi K,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are all happy, you had a nice stay in our Hotel.
By the way, our "Leonardo Advantage Club" bonus programm offers you free WiFi from the second stay. Also you can earn points for your next stays in all Leonardo Hotels.

Best regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed at the hotel during the Light and Building Exhibition, so the prices were tremendously high. The room was extremely small, we could open only one suitcase at a time. The housekeeping did their best to clean the room, changing sheets and towels etc, but the room was generally very old and dirty, especially the carpet was disgusting. The front desk was not helpful at all. The last day I had to do the check out alone because my husband had left early to attend the exhibition, I asked the front desk to help me carry my luggage and they told me they do not have a concierge service, so I carried all our bags by myself. When I got down to the reception, I saw two male receptionists at the front desk and neither of them did not help me carry my luggage even from the reception to the taxi in front of the hotel, sooo sooo rude. I was also a bit late to do the check out (around 12.30, normally I should have been out at 11.00) but because I did not get any calls from the reception I thought they were cutting me some slack since some of the guests were already leaving because it was toward the end of the exhibition so the hotel was not packed anymore. When I got down to the reception to make the payment, they tried to charge me for that last day also, telling me because of my late check out they assumed I was staying another day. No calling the room for warning/asking, no confirming with me etc and just like that they tried to charge me. After a long discussion, I managed not to pay for that last day. The examples of my bad experience can go on and on, but I think the prospective guests can get the general idea. Only good thing about the hotel is its location, very close to central train station, but I'm sure there are other hotels in the same area. I strictly recommend all to avoid this hotel. One last thing, no free wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed in this hotel on more than one occasion because it's inexpensive and it's located within walking distance from the main train station and all local transit. This makes it perfect for the type of travel that I do. The most recent trip I took to Frankfurt, I accidentally booked the airport location of Leonardo Hotel- the staff at this location was able to cancel my mistaken booking and book me into this location without any problem. This could have been a huge pain, but they just handled it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo