“Stories from the Thousand and One Nights in Frankfurt”

Hotel Villa Oriental
Ranked #124 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Berlin, Germany
“Stories from the Thousand and One Nights in Frankfurt”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night only, and once we stepped in we felt like in a fairy tales of Stories from the Thousand and One Nights. The decor is fantastic and genuine Arabian style, you certainly don't expect anything like this in the center of Frankfurt. I am very pleased to give this hotel five stars, because not only the decor is fantastic, but room was spacious with big comfortable bed, it was spotless and ABSOLUTELY clean. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. We simply regretted that we could stay for one night only. Only negative that I should mention was the parking, we arrived later in the evening, so had to pay 25 euros for the only parking available and open in the evening, but that is nothing to blame hotel for :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Very nice, small hotel. I stayed here for 3 nights before beginning a 2 week tour of Europe. Room was very cheap (55, 53 and 83 euro) which was about $225 for 3 nights. Close to the train station and trams if that's what you want to take. I was able to walk to the old city, but that's about 1km and change away. Room was very nice and there was a minibar as well. It did echo some at night with people coming back and talking, so be aware of that. I would stay again here if I come back to Frankfurt!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Germany
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This hotel is a visual treat. You enter, and you’re in Arabia. The theme is continuous throughout the entire hotel and rooms. Room was quite big, but to the street (Baseler Strasse), which is excessively busy. Even though I’m sure the windows are pretty good at keeping noise out, you have a continuous noise level coming in from the street (I was, however, able to sleep). There is A/C, so there should be no need to open the windows in the summer.

The location is great, of course - you’re very close to the central train station, to the river and to the central part of the city. Also, there is a tram station right across from the hotel.

One major gripe I have is the tap in the shower: the handles are huge (which goes with the decor) and you almost can’t avoid hitting the cold water lever while showering, which will turn the water way too hot (if not scalding). The shower head, too, is a touch too simplistic, the water distribution would be much better with a modern one. The tiled floor of the shower seems to be pretty much level, which causes a pretty lake of standing water once you’re finished.

Breakfast was relatively simple (but ok), though I was delighted to find an oriental-style omelet available.

All in all, I would recommend the place, the price is okay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street, as it is excessively busy, day and night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Flossmoor, Illinois
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend stay at the Hotel Villa Oriental in Franfurt, Germany. The location was perfect: one block away from the main train station and near several tram lines. I was travelling alone and wanted a room that was conveniently-located and reasonably priced, but nice enough for me to enjoy my room in the evenings, while I was recovering from busy days of touring. This hotel didn't disappoint. My single economy room was just like the picture. It was immaculate with tons of character and architectural details including beautiful tiled floor, mosaic designs in the bathroom, curved walls, middle-eastern inspired lighting fixtures and furniture, arched coves. I loved the furniture and fixtures and felt as if I was on a mini-vacation. The room felt spacious. The bed was comfortable and the shower was very nice in form and function. There was a flat-screen tv with many channel offerings. My room also had a large window and mini-balcony and faced the street. The hotel is on a busy street, so it is noisy if you have the windows open. I wouldn't recommend for a light sleeper.

The reception staff was very friendly. I arrived around 9 am, well before check-in time. Michael, who was at the desk checked to see if my room was ready. When he found out it wasn't, he offered to keep my bags and transfer them to the room for me when it was ready. He also gave me good directions on how to get the the Romer by walking along the river.

The complimentary breakfast was fantastic with plenty of fresh breads, meats, cheeses and fruits. The breakfast fritatta was phenomenal. I also really appreciated the complimentary mini-bar with water and sodas. It really increased my comfort level. I love this hotel! If I am in Frankfurt again, I would definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Request a room in the rear if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Swieqi, Malta
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Sweet small hotel .. very friendly staff and helpful.. very central - be it for the Messe, lake side or shopping & quaint old Romer & only 2 min away from Hbf.. spacious bedroom & free mini bar which was replaced each morning ..decent breakfast .. would visit again ..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Swieqi
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the main train station - very good location. Staff are very nice and helpfull. Rooms clean and spacious. Excellent value for money. The mini-bar in room is free. Breakfast nothing special but good. Decor is Iranian (Persian)style. Will surely return next year (I visit Frankfurt's musikmesse every year).

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Barcelona
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have recently returned from a one-week stay at this place. We were there to enjoy our vacations and we really did. Property is immaculately clean and proved to be a perfect destination, which we were looking for. We had two rooms, both were gracefully decorated and well-appointed with needed things. Food was mind blowing and staff tried their best to assist us. We had a great time there and will definitely recommend others to visit this place once.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family