“Great Value and Location”

Hotel Villa Oriental
Ranked #121 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Tiruppur, India
“Great Value and Location”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hi,

We stayed here from 8th Jan to 10th Jan and the rooms is clean and its interior is not like general hotel, they mixed up with persian and mughal etc.,

And breakfast buffet is good with more varieties. And staff is very helpful.

The location is very great just 2 mins walk to enter HBF Main Station. And there are many Chinese, Indian, Turkish, hotels are available near by and small stores also available.

Just 2mins to main river and 5mins to Red Light District.

I can recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SelvakumarT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Villa Oriental just does not quite pull it off, the idea is great, and materials and decor excellent, but it just does not quite add up to being what it should be, a great pity. the Concierge was really helpful as I arrived very late. Unfortunately the restaurant had just closed, The room was pleasant but very loud, need to refit with better windows, make certain you get a room at the back. Breakfast was good. Hotel is ideally situated if traveling by train as I was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, as noise from main road is loud at the front.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel certainly looks different from outside! The oriental façade is a nice break in the relatively grey surroundings of the other buildings in the area.

Although we live locally, we stayed here on a weekend break. This stay was a present from family. We were really interested to finally see inside this hotel as we had often walked passed and wondered what it would be like.

As the booking was made directly with the hotel, we were told we would get the minibar included, so naturally we were looking forward to our stay! Upon arrival we found a small fridge with a couple of bottles of water, a beer, a coke and an apple juice (all of which were from Aldi it seemed!). Hardly what I'd constitute a minibar or worthy of a 4 star hotel. This kind of summed up the whole hotel for us.

Living locally we were looking forward to chilling out in the room more than we normally would on a city break, as there was no pressure to see the city for us. We had read on the website that the hotel had free wifi and over a 1000 satellite TV channels. The wifi was terrible and might as well have not worked for the speed and signal we had. We got a second code and it was just the same. The satellite TV did have 1000 channels, but only about 80 of them had a working signal, and half of those were then teleshopping!

The room décor is certainly oriental, but this too feels like it was done with good intentions but never really followed through. The TV was encased in a nice oriental style wooden cupboard which did nothing but draw attention to how small the screen was. It was hard to tell whether the tiles on the floor were supposed to look worn for effect, or whether they were simply dirty. The shower head was rusty and old such that water sprayed out in every direction which wasn't ideal!

Although we had a room at the back of the hotel (so not exposed to the road noises etc.) the back of the building is home to some noisy ventilator units which never switch off. The windows are old too which does little for noise or heat insulation.

The breakfast selection was good and the food seemed fresh, but again the presentation and setting was not that of a 4 star hotel.

The hotel corridors are full of awards and letters of praise. Most of the things we saw seemed dated pre 2012. Perhaps this hotel was once 4 star and has recently gone downhill?

To summarise, this hotel is comfy enough for a city break or business lay over, and if you are fed up with the average sterile chain hotels it will certainly provide you with a change of scenery. Having looked at the prices the weekends are reasonable too, and the location is certainly good for transport links. If, however, you are expecting a 4 star experience and an authentic oriental escape, don't get your hopes up, as you will likely be disappointed. I'd also say some of the mid week prices are too high for what you get in return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back don't have much traffic noise, but there is still noise from the ventilation u...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dkh202
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I spent a weekend at this hotel, using a voucher I had been given after having mentioned multiple times that I would like to spend a night here, due to the hotel's nice outer appearance.
Unfortunately that was not reflected in the rooms as much. Although being nicely furnished and clean I did miss the oriental flair a little bit. Our room went out to the back which made it really dark. It was not even that quiet as the restaurant underneath had all its ventilation machines out in the back as well.
The voucher had made big promises like 'free mini bar' and '1001 satellite TV channels'. The mini bar was indeed included but only consisted of 2 bottles of water and a beer. I would definitely expect more from a 4 star hotel, such as small wine bottles and small snacks. Of the 1001 channels at least 800 were not available or without signal, so in the end we ended up watching the regular German tv channels. This would usually not be a big issue to me but I think it is a bit cheeky to praise this on the website without delivering.
Wifi is also very unreliable, to a point when we didn't even bother trying to connect to it anymore. When asking for assistance at the reception I got a new access code, which unfortunately did not improve anything.

I would recommend the hotel for visitors to Frankfurt, that are planning to spend a lot of time out in the city anyhows, due to its good location, its alright breakfast and decently furnished rooms.
I think that 4 stars for a hotel like this is one too many though.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Only one plus for location.

Then cons: Bathroom was awful. There was chalk and mildew in the floor. Blood spots in one bath towel. My pillow was approx. 5cm thick. Upper windows have not seen cleaning for a long time. Tile floor was worn out and dirty, not attracted to walk without socks. Completely disaster of 4-star hotel. Definitely 1 or 2 star. I don't recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank H0se
Taichung, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went to Hannover for the 2013 EMO exhibition. Since I booked direct flight from Taipei to Frankfurt am Main and took the ICE train to Hannover. So when I returned from Hannover, I spent one night at Frankfurt am Main. I searched for hotel in Frankfurt via DB Bahn website and trip advisor website. The average evaluations from two websites are good for Hotel Villa Oriental. So I decided to try it!
The location of Villa Oriental is perfect for traveler traveled by train. Only cost you 10 minutes from the exit of the central station to the hotel! It also cost you 10 minutes from the hotel to the Main river side by walk! The view is awesome, you got to go there and took pictures.
The staff is willing to help you, all you need to do is ask!
The room is clean, quiet and cozy, with exotic style. There is a restaurant in the ground floor of the hotel. Thought I did not try the food, but there are many customers during the dinner hours.
But the breakfast is very good though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ciudad Real
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is an overdecorated hotel close to Frankfurt train station. We stayed there 10 days, so we got to see long term functioning of the hotel. I guess for a night or two is not too bad, but for longer periods...
I don´t know how it got 4 stars, it is really no more than a 3 stars....and that is being generous.
Our room was in the first floor, the windows (quite dirty and one glass was broken) were hidden behind some lattice- wood decoration imitating eastern palaces (in an attempt to look like a building from the 1001 nights tales, I guess), so the room was very dark and noisy.
TV had only German channels, I expected from a 4 stars a TV with at least a choice of films to watch on demand.
Wifi is free, but the connection is quite weak
Staff is kind and nice, but they are not very efficient: we had to ask twice for an extra set of pillows, they forgot the first time!. Besides our safe box was broken and was continually beeping... the repairman never came to fix it, so we had to do something and eventually found out that keeping two keys continually pressed the beeping stopped....
Breakfast was average, if you ask for something extra such as mustard or mayonaise, they look for it but, sorry, sadly we don´t have any.....surprising since the hotel has also a restaurant!. Although I must say here that the coffee was pretty good....having in mind that it was not an expresso
Cleaning: not very exhaustive....courtains were full of stains, there was dust everywere in the room, which, by the way, was quite small. The bathroom overdecorated as well, no bathtub, just a shower which was old, the shower head was full of lime, half broken and was very difficult to hold it in place, because the hanger was old and broken.
They change the linen when you ask for it, we asked for it but the linen was not changed!. In addition the last day we woke up with a dead cockroach in the room... this is what is call unexpected sharing...yes it was dead, that means they use poison, but come on! a roach in the room? unacceptable!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple