“incompetence combined with rudeness”
Review of Die Leiter

Die Leiter
Ranked #318 of 2,530 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt
Reviewed 8 February 2014

this former landmark in frankfurt recently disappointed big time. so much so, that we will not re visit.
is spite of having made a reservation for supper, management and waiters were incapable to find a suitable table and tried to switch us to various different tables once we were seated as a result of other obviously MORE important bookings!
after one of the waiters became quite rude asked for the cheque and left!
not be be seen there again.

best avoided. plenty options in frankfurt!

1  Thank Wolfgang G

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Food is original and always fresh. One of my favorite in the city. Stuff is friendly service is quick.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I spent a incredible time in this restaurant. First time I visited in this Ianuary2013 . I like it but generaly I prefer to visit to time a place in order to understand it. For my plesant surprise also secund time was a spectacol. Incredibile good food, fresh and teasty following by a rich colection of wines. The staff is operativ and porfessional and offer a great service. From an " ex-pat" restaurant is a nice asset to arrived to offer aitalian atmosfer in the middle of a German Town. I will recame with great plesure.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We ate the filet steak alexander, which was cubed and served in a tasty sauce. I had spatzle, fried! I have never had it fried before, and it was delicious, not greasy at all. My wife had fried potatoes which were also good.
The wine list is extensive, with Italian wines from many different provinces to choose from.
Dessert was also excellent.
Most of the other guests appeared to be German business people, and the restaurant was full, a good sign.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Consistent great international cuisine with an imaginative twist, outstanding service and a good value at lunch. A few German dishes of outstanding quality ( calf, not pork, Wiener schnitzel!). The best if you want a quite place to meet for business but also unpretentious and intimate enough if you want to meet with friends. I have been coming for years: when I lived in Frankfurt at least once a week and now if I go to Frankfurt I could not imagine not eating at Die Leiter. Open late also perfect after the opera or concert. Service always friendly and flexible, will accommodate wishes if possible. If you do not want to meet real Frankfurter ( Posh housewives, fmaily with kids as well as bankers, advertisement gurus and lawyers) avoid!