See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Nice room, hot showers, a lot of tissue in the bathroom, heating at all times, cleaner cleans and tidies every day, lovely helpful receptions, quick taxi when requested however the area is awful. Full of drug dealing, crackheads and junkies lying about day and night. The streets in the back are the red light zone areas (please families avoid) which ruin the beautiful scenery in the actual city. Lovely square (myzeil) full of high end brands shame it’s all ruined by sex pests and heroin addicts in the nearby areas.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Continual large crowd of junkies and tweakers hanging around the entrance openly shooting up, garbage on the streets, hallways dark, reception area smells funny, hallway near elevator smells like a cat box, shower has tiny door opening to get in and out, no tray to hold soap or shampoo, no tissue in the bathroom, no phone in the room, very limited outlets inside the room and most already were being used, had to go buy power strips to plug my things in, hardwood floor makes your socks black, dips in the floor, heat on all the way and room still very cold, television only gets maybe three non-English stations, no air conditioning if it was summer time, no fridge in the room, elevator goes only to the 6th floor although there are seven floors, booked late so I way overpaid. However the staff at the desk were nice and the 9 Euro breakfast was not bad. But will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel, find another
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I had booked this hotel through Bookings.com. On hitting the confirmation button I realised that I had made a mistake. I understood the cancellation policy but immediately called to see if the hotel management would be sympathetic. I explained the situation but the lady I spoke to stood by their cancellation policy. As with any such call I asked if I could have the name of the person I spoke to for my records. The lady refused to give her name and when asked why she wouldn't give it, she hung up. This short episode probably sums up what you might expect when considering staying at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank John H
Reviewed 6 January 2018

This hotel is part of the Novum group. As I just stayed in their sister hotel in Essen I thought it was a good idea to book this hotel in Frankfurt and was proven so wrong!
I was in a rush so never read any reviews as I assumed that the standards throughout the group would be kept. But I could not have been more incorrect and kick myself for not having done my research prior to booking!
In visits to Frankfurt before I had visited in the area of the main train station and I never thought it could be this bad. The hotel seems to be in the red light district and the drug rehabilitation is next door. Just one block of “ill repute” but the hotel in the middle of it all!
I experienced real anxiety when I checked in as I had to pass past some very dodgy persons to get to reception and would have loved to not venture out again until check out but needed to do some shopping before leaving and was hungry. The receptionist was very blasé about my concerns and was trying to tell me that nothing ever happened here and there was nothing to worry about when a car with blue lights and an ambulance turned up outside of the hotel! If the stay had not been prepaid I think I would have at that point checked out.
I rushed to the shops and had a quick bite to eat to be able to head back before it got dark with a very uneasy feeling in the back of my mind.
The room was clean but there was a weird smell and I found the interior scruffy. The standard was very basic and I would have loved a safe in the room. I found it very unnerving that I was unable to lock the door as in other hotels especially in an area like this. From time to time you got a smell of smoke coming in from somewhere. And throughout the stay there was a banging unsure of its origins.
The carpet in the corridor was grubby and again a very bad smell throughout.
Overall do not book this hotel!

Room Tip: My room was to the front but I think I would have liked one to the back and higher up, but not sure how they are like
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank gohlah
Reviewed 17 December 2017

We stayed here for 5 days, i should have read more reviews before booking. The hotel is very clean, We had problems with the shower and the head not staying up so used the shower over the bath instead but the water was either scalding or barely warm! Breakfast is good and a big selection but the breakfast staff turn up late and its not always out on time, this is not so good when you have to be up early to leave for the airport. The staff though are very friendly and helpful. We asked them lots about how to get to places and always knew what they were talking about and would draw it on a map and explain it and how best to get there. There is a lady that works on the desk but im not sure of her name, she is the best thing about staying here and is super friendly and chatty. The only downfall about here is the drug needle centre at the end of the street, there was often a lot of people on the go looking out of it but we found this in lots of places in frankfurt due to a high drug problem. We went out for a cigarette often but had no bother with any of them. We went and bought biscuits, crisps etc and on the day we left left a few bags out by the lamp post for them to have and some clothes that we decided we were not going to be taking home. They don't provide a safe with any room which i didn't like, i do like to have a safe. We asked to move to a room with balconies but they were only doubles and there was 3 of us, but they would have been more than happy for us to move.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies but they are just doubles,
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends