“Entertaining evening”

Sushimoto
Ranked #222 of 2,466 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt
germany
“Entertaining evening”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food was absolutely delicious, but rather expensive. We splurged on Kobe beef (extra 40€) and there was definetely a difference in texture and taste in comparison to the regular beef we ordered. Watching a chef prepare our food right in front of us was very amusing, especially for our 9 year old. The waitress was indeed grumpy and screwed up our order. But all in all we were quite satisfied.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“A Japanese Sushi Chef that has sold his soul”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Looking at the reviews, I have already an expectation of mediocre service but maybe good Sushi. I was mistaken. The service was actually acceptable, but the food and ambiance was definitely lacking. The restaurant is a combination of Teppanyaki and Sushi. However, the ventilation was insufficient so you can actually smell the Teppanyaki at the Sushi Bar. I ordered the Omakase "Chef Selection" but all the Sushi was pre cut. Sashimi was served enbloc, as well as the Sushi. This was not what I expected for Omakase.
During the entire time, the Japanese Chef was yelling at his Indian Sous Chefs. I will never return.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ivan T
Woking, Surrey
“A most entertaining evening!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

There is nothing quite like sitting at the teppanyaki watching the chef preparing the food! It is also of great assistance to choosing from the menu, although you end up wishing to have something of everything!
Our chef (actually Chinese!) was very entertaining and scrupulous in his attention to detail. The chicken was the dish that my companions and I agreed was the best we'd ever tasted, although I cannot fault the steak or scallops either.
There is a wide ranging wine list, although 2 out of 4 choices were unavailable but what remained was of good quality.
The restaurant is inside the Westin Hotel in Frankfurt but cannot be faulted because of that fact. However, do not expect a "cheap" evening out!
Nevertheless, recommended!

• Visited September 2013
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Poor service, average food”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A friend had told me that this place does really good Japanese food and as I've lived in Japan for a few years, I was very keen to check it out.

We went for a lunch on a weekday and the place was packed. Regardless, this does not justify the rudeness and grumpiness of the staff there.

I was excited because they had unagi (eel) which is one of my favourite Japanese foods. Grumpy Waitress told me they had none left, and rushed me to choose something else. I chose the grilled saba (mackerel) since this is also one of my nostalgic Japanese food choices.

The food was ok. I see from other reviews that the sushi is what's good here, but what my friend and I chose was passable and probably not worth the higher-than-average price tag.

I won't be going here again.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best Japanese in Frankfurt!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Sushimoto is a Japanese gem hidden inside the Westin Hotel galleria. Entering the quaint restaurant took me back to Tokyo and Japan in general. Two girlfriends and I went for lunch and we would highly recommend it. The lunch menu has an assortment of options including sashimi, nigiri sushi, tonkotsu and soba/udon, among other options. If you are a fan of good Japanese food, you will enjoy Sushimoto. If you enjoy Japanese rice and you know how it is different from other rice, you will love Sushimoto's rice. The lunch menu is a great value. I have heard that dinner is more expensive, but I hope to try that too one day. I would suggest you reserve a table for lunch. I reserved a table for three because I wasn't sure how crowded it would be at lunch (12:30). I am glad that I did; the restaurant was packed at 12:30 and all the tables were occupied. If I hadn't reserved a table, my friends and I would have had to find another restaurant. Because of their diverse menu option at lunch, this is a great lunch spot to go with a group- just remember to reserve a table in advance. We will definitely go back, take our friends and introduce others to this great find in Frankfurt. If you are craving Japanese food in Frankfurt, this is the place to satisfy that craving.

Visited June 2013