“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
New York
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I have been eating at Brighella for years, usually as the guest of a lawyer friend from Frankfurt. This time I invited another (German) lawyer who likes good food. He was amazed to have been invited to such a terrific restaurant by an American! Every course was thoughtful and excellent. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Wine by the glass was delicious and reasonably priced. The dessert was one of the best I've had in a restaurant in Germany (where they are a bit different than what we're used to in the US.) Also, I stayed at the hotel connected to the restaurant. I will write a separate (positive) review, but here I'll mention that the breakfast was also quite good, although not comparable to the dinner. Still, the rolls and croissant were the best I have had in Germany. As to suitability for families with children - I have seen families there for Sunday lunch on weekends. My only negative - I do not like the furniture. If you get over that, this is one of the best restaurants in Frankfurt.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RobLaw47

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good italian in an out-of-the way neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

The food here was first class. The atmoshpere was beautiful. The wine list was impressive. I was part of a group dinner that went too late, the staff should've managed expectations so that we'd know that dinner would be an almost 4 hour event. My main problem with this retaurant is the homepage's map: it's very confusing. It shows the nereby gas stations as being kitty corner from the restaurant, over and across the U-train stop. In actuality, there is a gas station almost directly across the street from the restaurant. So, when you get off at the U-stop, head toward the gas station, and look across the street from it, and basically that's where the restauarant is.

• 3 of 5 bubbles