“Disappointing”

Neighbourhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The place looks fancy, so do the prices on the menu. But, honestly, the first time in my life that I had bland Indian food! Not that there wasn't enough 'heat' in it (although I ordered 'mild'), but some cardamom flavor to the Chicken Tikka Masala and that was it. Quality not up to the price. Both other Indian restaurants I reviewed here, Taj Tandoori and Bombay Palace, are better quality and certainly better value.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“Avoid”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Terrible food, nothing indian about it. I should know, I am indian. You will notice that Indians don't frequent this place at all...

• Visited August 2013
“Fine but expensive”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Honestly, the food and service were really nice.

My only complain is pricy.

But I would highly recommend if you want good indian food on a romantic date night.

• Visited October 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Fine but very expensive”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had been to this restaurant today on new year's eve. It is a nice little restaurant situated close to the river Am Main and has good ambience. The staff are pretty polite.

They had a fixed 3-course menu as new year special. Though the price was 70EUR/couple, I still went in for the same. But I found nothing in the food that is worth the bomb of an amount that I was charged. It was just ok and similar to what any other Indian Restaurant would dish out.

I guess they have tried to cash in on the new year spending frenzy by the customers. Would love to hear from other customers who visit them on a regular day and provide their feedback.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chandrashekar S
Tipperary
“Tasty”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

6 of us dined here as part of a visit to Frankfurt for an exhibition. Although we booked a table - one was not available when we arrived and we had to wait. When we did get seated we were so hungry and service was slow. It was worth waiting for though and we had very tasty food.

• Visited October 2013