“A place without identity”

Iimori Konditorei Pattisserie
Ranked #5 of 43 Dessert in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It is very difficult for Japanese restaurants outside of Japan to really be authentic. Maybe the owners are afraid that being authentic would scare off potential non Japanese customers. That's the way we felt here. We were strolling towards the Dom when we ran into Iimori. While the concept is admirable, the execution is far from perfect. It's a misch masch of flavors, few are authentic. Germans may think it's Japanese, since we live in Japan we can state it's not even close. The only thing authentic is the pricing.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I visited Iimori patisserie with my friend last Spring, on an afternoon, to try some of their sweets.

We only visited the ground floor wich serves coffee/beverages and sweets. Everything looked absolutely adorable, from the decoration to the actuall deserts served, like taken out of a fairytale book! We tried some macaroons and ordered tea. They were nice in taste but nothing fantastic, My sweet tea was a bit too sweet for my tastes.

The staf is very friendly and welcoming. The place is self service.

I would definitely visit again next time I visit Frankfurt, since I loved the place and would like to try some more of their deserts

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I really don't know what people are complaining about. Found this place by chance, what a great find!
You do get confused about what he sell initially because it don't see man Japanese patisseries, least of all in Germany, but this was excellent.
As soon as you go in it reminds you of an old French tea room, with decor and furniture to match this.
Desserts are brilliant. Just so lovely and tasty, and so unique! They do excellent teas, kushmi and also flavoured ice teas to go with. I have never tried the main meals/savoury selection in here, but no doubt I will go again.
The only thing is, it is quite pricey in here, but for the enjoyment of the decor, food and service, I would gladly pay!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Many people love the place, but my experience is not very positive, despite being there twice ... once for tea and another for Sunday brunch.

Thought the service staff are rather rude and unhelpful, especially at the dining hall.

Not too excited over the pastries there as my preference is more European and Japanese mixed with European concept of pastries flavor.

1  Thank esther1903
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Iimori has a delicious selection of tarts and cakes.

Don't miss the Green Tea Chiffon, and the Lemon Tart (especially if you are fan of lemon merengue). They also sell a selection of savoury and sweet snacks (e.g. croissants). I was happy to find their potato sandwich, something I had not yet seen outside of Japan.

Iimori has a good selection of coffee and (Kusmi) teas. Definitely a nice way to spend an afternoon.

The service is a bit erratic but if you don't go there expecting an efficient processing of your order then you will definitely enjoy it.