“Lots of yummy things”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The interior looks lovely, comfortable couches for heaving your coffee/tea and normal tables and chairs if you like to eat. Good place for relaxing, reading a book, enjoying a white-tea-macaron :-)

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stopped at Iiromi during a weekend in Frankfurt and ate in the patisserie. Pleasantly surprised with how good the food was at an affordable price; we chose the unagi-don and chicken teriyaki-don. For dessert we shared a chocolate cake, as they ran out of the green tea cake I wanted. The chocolate one was not too bad but could have been better since it was cold and rather dry. However, I was very satisfied with the matcha latte I ordered, even after the waiter (for some reason) pulled it away from me before I started drinking it, as I understand he was instructed the girl how to prepare it and it looked as if she didn't put enough milk (according to him). Anyhow, it was still a nice experience and we were pleased to find dishes we usually very much enjoy.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I've had coffee and cakes downstairs before - always bustling with a good atmosphere, but largely self-service. Today we decided to try the restaurant upstairs. Lovely room but about 34 places being served by one poor overworked waitress. Still, she seemed to retain her good humour. We waited quite a while for two bowls of miso soup but the place was busy and I think that we'd arrived soon after two or three other tables. My (good) bento box came after a further long wait, I politely waited for my wife's food to arrive until it was clear that my food was going cold. As I was clearing my plate my wife cancelled her order, "It's just coming." Too late.

Now, I can understand the need to wait when the kitchen is busy, but to have two simple dishes arrive so far apart is simply unacceptable. As I was eating I noticed that several tables seemed to get their food in the same haphazard way. It really took the gloss off things.

I don't want to put you off going - it's an experience - but do be sure to specify that you want everybody's meals to arrive at about the same time.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Iimori does a nice all you can eat continental breakfast for just 6.90euro, although this doesn't include drinks - so you're looking at about 10euro per person.
The buffet includes boiled eggs, cured meats, pastries, fruit and yoghurt cups, cereals and juices.
The staff are friendly and helpful and speak some English.
Atmosphere was nice and decor was interesting. A quaint little place to visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We often go to buy yummy cakes or breads here, but ALWAYS astonished by how low, rude a service can get.. Do NOT expect any humane attitude from any of the emplyees including the owner, then you feel rewarded when you encounter one or two decent smile from very very few 'normal' staff!