“Coffee as it should be.”
Review of Cafe Wacker

Cafe Wacker
Ranked #456 of 2,474 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Bornheim
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Coffee as it should be.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I love going to Wacker. I go to the one by Hauptwache and the one at Bornheim Mitte. The smell of the coffee and the actual coffee and cakes are great. It is a bit of luxury for me. They also have a great selection of coffees beans to take away with you. Mmmm. I can smell that coffee now.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Papongo

Frankfurt, Germany
“special cafe!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I love to drink my coffee there and have a special breakfast!
Try the cakes they are yammy!!!!! It;s crowded and i feel famous standing there!!! Ilove this place try it!!!

• Visited November 2013
Frankfurt
“Perfect place for Saturday reading”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Great coffee and a very nice place. Having lived in Bornheim for a while I can assure that it's the perfect place to hang out after shopping at the market.

Santander, Spain
“Great cakes and cozy restaurant”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I had walked by the Cafe Wackers several times and always thought "Next time I'm at the Berger I should have a coffee there". The shop front and register area is beautifully decorated in an old-school coffee and tea shop way. There is also another sitting area behind it, which I had missed from the street -- you can't really see it from the outside unless you get close to the windows, which is what kept me from entering a couple of times, thinking it was full!

It's also easy to miss the cake expositor, if you enter in a hurry towards the sitting area, but it is there and it is the brightest point of the cafe, in my opinion. I've been to the Cafe Wackers twice so far, the first time I had a hazelnut cake and the second time a cheesecake and poppy seed cake. Both were really good, not too sweet and worth the price, but there is also something for those with a sweet tooth bigger than mine or craving cakes with a lot of cream.

Regarding service I got a different set of waitresses each time, and they were all really good. They checked several times in the back, where I was sitting, and the drinks, cakes and check were brought fast when we asked for them. I will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2012
Florida
“Much better then Starbucks”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Café Wackers is in the City Center near Haupwache opposite Parkhouse Hauptwache where you can park your car. When in Frankfurt, we always have an espresso at Café Wackers. There are always standing people in-line to order coffee. Sometimes it's so crowded that people have their coffee on the other side of the street.

• Visited October 2010