All reviews travel ticket train station fridge noise duration ac city wifi taxi
Reviewed 12 August 2016

My second stay at the hotel! Friendly staff still there, coffee maker in room still there - but drinks in fridge are now charged for. Wifi still free (but no you need a new code each day, which wasn't clear when I checked in - useful to bear in mind). Oh, and you get a free public transport ticket for the area for the duration of your stay - very useful!
Now the downside - I'd chosen the hotel because it had its own restaurant (makes expenses claim a lot easier!). However, this was closed for the whole of August - again, it wasn't mentioned when I checked in, and there was no sign on the internal entrance. It was only when I thought it looked a bit empty of staff and went and asked that I was told! There was actually a sign on the external restaurant door, but that wouldn't normally be seen by hotel guests...! Still, there are several other eateries in the area including a good little Italian in a shopping arcade directly over the main road.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night in a family room that was spacious with all the amenities that we needed. The bathroom was a good size and the beds were comfortable.
We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant which was very good, the hamburger was amazing and the kids menu was a success with my 3 kids. The service was excellent, the waitress was polite and provided a good service. The breakfast was of a very good standard. The only negative was that There is very little option to where you park your car, otherwise the hotel is an excellent choice.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this moderately priced hotel. My room was large, clean and renovated - it even had a balcony. The wifi worked great, and I got a free weekend transit card. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect. The only downside was the street noise (mostly trams), which didn't bother me but might bother some who are light sleepers - if so, you should request a room that doesn't face the street. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Ok, if you want a high-class ultra status hotel.....this is not the one for you. If you want a hotel between "Hercules" and the Fulda River, which is very comfortable, and has some old style charm, then this meets your needs.

Several notes, no parking connected to the hotel, but the "City" parkhaus is right under the side of it and costs 12-Euro a day. Also note that it's next to the ICE station (1-min walking).

Rooms are ample and up to date. I will admit, it's a 1800's style hotel but renovated. Bathrooms are good condition. There is no AC, so I might not go there in Jul/Aug. But they have ultra-friendly people working for them. The cafe does a decent job with dinner, and I thought breakfast was pretty good.

They have a weekend package, which includes day-lunches and a weekend card for local tram/bus travel. I strongly recommend this package. The bonus to location is that it's next door to the city tram-point.

Room was clean. TV offered BBC. Refrigerator in the room, along with a safe. Bed was perfect. Wi-Fi worked.....maybe not super-fast but fast enough.

If you are doing a couple of days in town and intend to use the public tram service, this is the best hotel to pick from.

Room tip: If in summer, ask for room on backside of hotel.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I have now stayed at this hotel three times, in three different rooms, and all of them have been great: clean, modern, with wood floors, comfortable beds and desks. It's an old building with high ceilings, and lots of light in the rooms. Some of the rooms are on the street with the streetcars, but then windows close quite tightly, and I haven't found the noise to be a problem (this might be different in warm weather).They leave gummi bears (or imitation gummi bears) on the bed when you arrive. And the breakfast is really excellent. My one problem with the hotel is that the wi-fi is slow and unreliable. Some rooms have poor receiption from the router, but even in rooms with good reception, it's slow and gets even slower in the evenings. If you depend on a fast internet connection while at your hotel, this might not be the best place for you.

Date of stay: February 2016