Hotel Haus Mueller
Marburger Hof(Marburg)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2013

During our trip through Germany last April we stopped in Marburg as my cousin resides there as she recommended this Pension, having stayed there a few times before. This location is very quiet and resembled an old office building. In fact, there is a business located on the main floor. The Pension itself is located on the second floor and there is a lot of beautiful old walls, furniture and many notable features. The room assigned to us was palatial, huge and very beautiful. There was a huge bathroom with a monstrous tub and fancy hardware throughout. The host was extremely courteous and gave us much information which helped make our stay very pleasant. Breakfast was, as expected, very well done and plentiful. This is really one of the nicest places that I have ever stayed in. Worth making an extra trip to enjoy.

Room Tip: Our room was huge and extremely well appointed. The rest should be very good as well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MichaelHM
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Simply put, the Pension Haus Müller is the most beautifully furnished room we have ever stayed in. And for what it’s worth, roomy, too. And a terrace overlooking the canal. Truly outstanding. The owner was very nice, but speaks almost no English. I have my 40-years’ ago high school German, but I remember sufficient basics to get by. The Pension Haus Müller is located just down the street from the Elisabeth Kirche, and not too far at all from the quite pretty old town with its medieval period German architecture. So it’s well located. But it is the house itself and its furnishings which blow you away. Architecture is my favorite art form, and furniture is perhaps third or fourth, so I very much enjoyed it. I’ve attached many photos, I shall let them speak for themselves, In summary, if you stay in Marburg or even if you’re only in the vicinity, if you want to spend a night in a truly memorable room, stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank 20minutetourist
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We've just returned from staying two nights at Haus Müller and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our room was spic & span clean; the breakfast perfectly adequate, with fresh brotchen, yogurt, orange juice, meat and cheeses, tea and great coffee. The host is a bit "quirky", but warm and inviting. Nights are quiet in the Haus and the surrounding neighborhood. We had a new room (we were the first to stay in it) with a view across the Lahn River to the Alt Stadt on the hill and the Schloss above that. In less then ten minutes we were at the Elizabeth Church; in 20 up in the Alt Stadt. The location of Haus Müller is ideal. We will recommend this Pension to anyone we know who will be in Marburg.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Vera W
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Definitely adds to the old world feel that Marburg has anyway. Old fashioned in many ways, from the building to the rooms and furniture, to the service - but that's a compliment.

Location is ideal, just a minute from the Elisabethkirche and a half hour walk up to the Schloss. It's also just 10 mins walk to the train station, or a 4 euro cab ride.

The room was spacious, old writing desk was impressive and a lovely view of the Schloss. Bed was comfy and while I chose a non-ensuite, there was a good shower in the room and the shared toilet was always clean and hygienic.

The breakfast was a feast of German breads, jams, cheese and meat, eggs on request and liberal quantities of juice, tea and coffee all served by a very solicitous host. He even allowed me to pack some bread for a picnic to the castle.

Only drawback would be the stairs - this could be a problem if you have loads of luggage, knee issues or are elderly. But the pros far outweigh this.

The perfect tucked away retreat! I'd go back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Merioan
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I would love to visit again and stay right here! My friend and I sat in the bar and had a beer the first night and watched Japan beat the US in the finals. I reallyenjoyed being included in a wonderful group. One even tried to teach me how to yodel! Their dog Dunkel is a doll ( I was really missing mine at home). The room was beautiful and so clean. The breakfast was a real treat also. A+++++++++ We all even saw a rainbow one afternoon!

Room Tip: Just ask and this family will help you!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends