“Markthaus am Wilhelmsplatz, Offenbach”

Markthaus am Wilhelmsplatz
Ranked #9 of 201 Restaurants in Offenbach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Sechelt, Canada
“Markthaus am Wilhelmsplatz, Offenbach”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Once we decided on our bus tour of Germany with Trafalgar Tours I so looked forward to German food and beer. From the internet I chose this Markthaus for our first meal in Germany. It did not disappoint, serving great traditional meals and excellent beer within a short distance of our hotel, Sheraton Offenbach. The staff were friendly and quick to produce English menus. Guests at our B&B in Sechelt, BC, Canada joined us for this first meal. We were pleased to hear the Markthaus was their recommendation.

• Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Worth seeking out”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

So for a non-German speaking American, it was a little difficult to find (even though it is literally in plain site). I finally found it based on the pictures provided by a friendly Yelp users :-) It is a small building in the middle of the square with a post office on one side and restaurant on the other. They have an English menu and the staff was very patient with me as I tried to figure out what to order. It was a quick trip for me. I would normally try and be more prepared for language barriers, but was unable to in this case. That said, food was very good. Wine was great and the tiny atmosphere was perfect for a weeknight dinner alone, with enough people watching to keep me away from my smartphone :-)

• Visited February 2014