Sheraton Offenbach Hotel
US$71
Hotel Graf(Offenbach)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstrafalgar tourfrankfurt airportfront desk staffsubway stationfree internetnice hotelnice areahotel is situatedmain riverbreakfast spreadthe hustle and bustlerooms are cleanshort staypleasant staycity centreone personyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Close to s-bahn S1 and S8 (direct to Hbf and Flughafen). Only 25 minutes to the Messe. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Very welcoming service from front desk staff and housekeeping. Great option for reasonably priced accommodation during fairs when Frankfurt city hotels ratchet their prices to unreasonable levels.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear EconReali...,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel at TripAdvisor.

I totally agree with you, our hotel is a great alternative to stay in Frankfurt city. And we are located very central in Offenbach, just across the street are some restaurants and the shopping area.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our nice Hotel. Especially I like to thank you related to your comment of staff. We are always glad to read such nice words, this motivates us in a certain extent.

I hope we can welcome you soon again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Offenbach at the beginning and end of our bus tour through Eastern Europe. The hotel was adequate and the staff friendly. We did not have a safe in our room but were told they are in the process of renovating all their rooms. The breakfast was good although when one of our fellow travellers asked for orange juice from a staff member passing by with a tray of orange juice, we were told we are not entitled to the “real orange juice” because we are part of a bus tour and, therefore, only paying 7 euros for our breakfast as opposed to other guests who are paying 22 euros. Guess that only entitles us to Tang. If that’s the case, I would have to say the breakfast is not worth 22 euros. I don’t object to the practise so much as the way were told. The free wifi in the lobby was spotty. We found out later from another guest that you can ask reception for a code that allows you to have free wifi in your room. It would have been nice to be told this when I originally went to the desk to ask about their wifi. The location was okay for our purposes but I would prefer something closer to the centre of town if visiting Frankfurt for any length of time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Khalessi_1,

Thank you very much for posting a review of your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I regret that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. Certainly it is not our intention to be average. We offer free wifi in our lobby at the link@sheraton for all our guests. I am a little bit surprised about the information you get from other guests, that the internet is complimentary in our rooms. In the executive room the internet is included in the room rate. In our superior and classic room category the internet is not free of charge.
Please accept my sincere apologize for the occurrence at our restaurant. Certainly you should get orange juice. I have talked to our restaurant team and unfortunately we could not explain why somebody told you that you were not entitled to get orange juice. Our restaurant manager have talked to all the staff and coached them intensively that this is unacceptable. We frequently do comprehensive trainings and I assure you that this does not represent our usual standards.

Even though you prefer to stay directly in Frankfurt on your next visit, I really hope we can welcome you again at our property to convince you of our service.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Was given a room in the first floor. Room was very dark, poor ventilation and there was a foul smell in the room.

Breakfast was great - vast selection available.

Great Italian restaurant about 5 mins walk away. Shopping centre nearby.

Would recommend that you ask for a room on a another floor if you were allocated a room on the first floor

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Wowadventuree
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Wowadventuree,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are always thankful if guests spend their time to provide us a feedback, so we can improve our service.

I regret that you did not enjoy the ambiance of our rooms. I am a little bit surprised about the smell your wright about. This is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I am sure this was an exception. We would be happy if you would inform us during your stay so we can react directly.
Please be assured that we take your comment very serious und will discuss it in our management.

I really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at this property three nights, and that was my second time. Both times the hotel was full due to a world exhibition in Frankfurt, so I was not expecting an upgrade. Yet, I would not have expected it anyway. While staying at several SPG properties in Germany from Munich, to Dusseldorf or Berlin, I got a jr. Suite only once, which makes me thinking a certain thrift in upgrades is a kind of local biz attitude.
Front desk staff was always kind, smiling, responsive, as well as at the bar or at the restaurant.
Rooms are far too small and sloppy, in particular if compared to the very high price (Offenbach is not Piccadilly or Time Square!).
It is very conveniently located nearby a Subway station, so that it takes just one quarter to reach Frankfurt downtown, the Messe or the central station.
Breakfast is excellent, while wifi connection is sufficiently fast.
Average almost in everything but in the astonishingly high price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Neoteros,

I regret that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. Certainly it is not our intention to be average. Please be advised that we have one suite at the hotel, that’s the reason why we could not give upgrades to suites like you expected.
You are right Offenbach is not Piccadilly or the Time Square, but due to the exhibition in Frankfurt, the rates raises in the whole area of Frankfurt and Offenbach. However our hotel standards did not meet your expectations. If there is anything we can do to make your future stays more comfortable please contact me directly (mareike.suderleith@sheraton.com).

Thank you very much for commending our staff for their friendliness!
I hope we can welcome you again at our property.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Originally they put us in a room that was RIGHT BESIDE the renovations on the spa. When we went into the room all we could hear was drilling and hammering. I can't even believe they would put someone that close to the construction. We went and complained and they moved us to a suite. We were paying 290.00 EUROS per night (which is outrageous for that property) so we felt that we were getting better value by being in a suite. The breakfast was good and thankfully that was included in our rate.

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near construction.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Swhitevancouverbc,

Thank you for posting a review of your experiences from your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologize that you had to move your room, I can imagine how annoying it must be to check into a room where you can here constructions after a long trip. But also I am a bit surprised about the constructions you write about, because we did not have major renovations last time. I will investigate why this happened during your stay. However, I regret the unpleasant experience you suffered and I really hope you had a great time in our suite.

Dear Swhitevancouverbc, thank your one more time for your review and I hope we can welcome you again at our property.