“Old pension good location”
Review of Rudesheimer Hof

Rudesheimer Hof
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel seems like family run and it is located at a short walking distance from market place and main tourist attraction and a free parking space.it has its own restaurants serves both breakfast and dinner.breakfast is pretty good except they forgot to deliver our hot chocolate. The staffs at reception are friendly. Hotel restaurant is very nice decorated with characteristics, however everything in our bedroom at 2nd floor feels really old and basic.. The bathroom has damp smell, the bed room also a bit of smoking smell , the rooms looks like properly clean though the facilities needs maintainance, the paintings are old and depressing like there have been there for 50 years. Bed is good but lack of coziness . We saw the nice picture on booking.com which is nice but our real bedroom is not as nice or as same as what the picture shows. Rudesheim is a pretty little town though, its worth to take the cable car up to the hill to see the scenic view of the rhein valley. Return ticket is 7euro 10min per way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suaku

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The owners of the hotel have done a good job of renovating an older building. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were happy to take time point out things of interest, give directions, etc. The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast layout (included in the price of the room)'was one of the best my wife and I have seen. This hotel was a great value as well as being a very pleasant experience. I would recommend this hotel for anyone exploring Rudesheim or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichardNM
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This family run hotel is full of character - the windows reflect history and the décor is in keeping. The owner and his wife were really good, always happy and really helpful. The staff were also really good and always pleasant. Our room was on the first floor and was really clean and comfortable. The breakfast was buffet style with a vast amount of choice. The evening meals were really well cooked and well presented - often extra food was available. It is well situated close to shops and amenities. I was with a coach tour and was very impressed when the owners got on our coach to wish us a good journey I would fully recommend this hotel to everybody and would gladly go back for a further stay if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yorkshireman62
Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you need to stay overnight in Ruedesheim, this hotel is definitely an option.
The advantage: not right on the main road near the Rhine and rail tracks, so it is quiet. Breakfast buffet is good, too.
I just gave it 3 stars as my (single) room seems to have been the smallest available (there are larger ones), and because the room had a slight smell as if someone had smoked in it, even though there is a clear sign that this was (should have been) a non-smoker room. That is why I gave a low rating for rooms (others seem to be a lot better) and cleanliness (which otherwise was very good).
The room felt a bit cramped but otherwise had all you needed, except for space.
The front desk staff was very friendly.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: As rooms have differrent layouts and sizes, ask beforehand, if there there is a choice. My single ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WiP
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very nica and cozy hotel! Located in a very central area very close to the main street and Droselstrasse. The rooms are spacious, the internet works very nicely!
The breakfast is very well served. I really really recomend these hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gustavo P
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had the pleasure of spending 5 nights recently at Rudesheimer Hof. Wilhelm and Sissi greeted us as we came in with large smiles and hugs- we had only been to this Hof once before and that was two years ago! When we entered the dining room that night, we were greeted in the same wonderful way by their staff! The food and service are second to none! Anything you ask for, some how they make it happen. Traveling from the United States, I had a gift I was bringing to my cousin who I was meeting for the first time. Sissy took time to decorate the wrapping and fashion a beautiful bow from her own supply of decorations and then remembered first thing the next morning, she again took time out of her busy morning to ask me all about the visit to my cousin! The Hof is kept immaculately clean, is located in the heart of Rudesheim, the restaurant and it's staff are wonderful, the rooms are beautifully decorated, the beds are comfortable. The whole experience is a great value for the money. I only wish I could have stayed there longer. I will be traveling back to Rudesheim and will definitely stay at the Rudesheimer Hof. I couldn't ask for a nicer overall experiance. Wilhelmina and Sissi have given us wonderful memories!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at the Rudesheimer Hof for a week with Shearings for the first week of September. We had a lovely room on the second floor which overlooked the terrace. We had a flower-decked balcony with table and chairs. There was no air conditioning in our room but this was easily remedied by asking for a fan, which a very helpful member of staff brought to our room and insisted on plugging in for us!!

We had booked a twin and had the German version - two mattresses on one bed base - very comfortable with separate duvets. All very clean. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Clean bathroom with a proper bath! (and shower).

The dining room was very nice and we sat a table for eight - there were smaller tables as well. The waiting staff were very efficient and friendly.

Breakfast was almost too much to choose from: fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, about a dozen different jams, cheese, cold meats, eggs (boiled and scrambled), rolls, fresh breads, juice, coffee and Yorkshire tea-bags!!

Dinner was chosen at breakfast which helped with service in the evening. Beautiful meals, perfectly cooked with good choices and the willingness to change things if necessary.

The hotel was in a good central location but we were never aware of any noise from traffic, or people sitting outside.

All in all, we would most definitely stay here again. All the staff were very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends