“Food Poinsoning”

Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine wines, regional Rheingau cuisine with game and fish.
Sechelt, Canada
“Food Poinsoning”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Weinhaus Sinz Inn and enjoyed a lovely dinner out on the deck the first night we arrived. The atmosphere was perfect! We enjoyed seeing our servers dressed in traditional German costumes. The salad I enjoyed the first night was excellent, but, unfortunately, the vegetable strudel I ordered the second evening caused me to be very ill all night long. I tried to tell the staff the following morning that I had been sick all night, but, couldn't find anyone who understood English. Because I was suffering for the rest of our stay, I wasn't able to eat anything for a couple of days after the episode with the strudel. My husband enjoyed the meals very much. The staff were all very nice, but, unfortunately, we do not speak German and most of the staff spoke either no or limited English.

• Visited May 2014

Wiesbaden, Germany
“A typical german - old school - Wine Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This a very nice place to be. They have a romantic terrace outside and some different rooms inside the Restaurant, most of them are very "gemuetlich". The menue is wide spreaded from regional fish, typical specialities of the Rheingau and daily specials - but everything is made in a great quality with allways fresh incredients. The winelist is superb, but you don't make a mistake to order the No.1 from the open wines - as usual in this kind of restaurant.

The have closed on sunday because they want to avoid busses.

It's a familiy run Restaurant and very advisible. The prices are reasonable and fair.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank systin1000
Wiesbaden, Germany
“An Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Weinsaus Sinz is a top notch restaraunt. We went to lunch with our nieghbors and had an excelent meal. The venison ragu was very tender and flavorful. I highly recommend it and I will be back.

• Visited February 2013
montreal
“Great venue for a family celebration”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Last May we celebrated my partents' 50th wedding anniversary at Weihaus Sinz. We were 15 people and had a wonderfull time. The food was excellent and all that for a great price

Visited May 2011