“Warm, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Hotel Klemm

Hotel Klemm
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Klemm in July 2011 for 5 days. We felt very welcome and enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel. The room was spacious and clean, and very comfortable. One thing we've learned about our travels in Germany however, is that if you like a firm pillow, bring your own. The pillows here are very floppy and pretty much just "air" - a matter of personal preferance.
The breakfast buffet was a great spread and the owners themselves were usualyy around in the mornings to chat to us - very nice people. The hotel was centrally located and easy to walk to the main shopping street and downtown area, with parks nearby and the theatre. It is not in walking distance from the train station however. We had a hired car, but parking was not easy to come by. Sometimes we drove around the block a few times searching for parking. Once we even got a parking ticket when we parked somewhere illegally without knowing it, because the road is not well signposted.
There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, again a personal preference, but we would have enjoyed this little pleasure.
The rooms have free wifi with highspeed connection which was very convienent.
In general the staff were very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeanneB264

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel mid september 2011. The rooms are clean and spacious but nothing fancy. The location is great, close to the opera house and casino and shopping district.
Staff was very helpfull but did initially charge me an higher price then booked, but the mistake was corrected when I showed my online reservation (so better to take that with you).
Breakfast is great and good value (5 EUR pp).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FAH79
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed here for one night in early July 2011, i was in town for some medical check ups at the DKD. This hotel is nicely located and good value for money. Staff were very friendly and since I was doing the medicals I was not able to try the breakfast but it looked good. Room was basic but clean, same with bathroom. I was scheduled to stay for 2 nights but after I finished my medicals was able to get an early flight home, so the staff at the hotel were kind enough not to charge me for a full night although they were entitled to it.
They also arranged for a taxi to drive me to Frankfurt airport at a good rate. MANY THANKS. PS:I really liked Wiesbaden and probably in two years will come back with the family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Niushork
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Klemm has large, clean comfortable rooms in a beautiful location. We very much enjoyed the morning breakfast and friendly staff. Our only regret was that we were there during an unusual heatwave and they do not have airconditioning. Unfortunately, the heat was causing lots of problems with my asthma and we were forced to move to another hotel. I would definitely stay here again in cooler weather.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TennesseeTravelQueen
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Easy check-in. Very friendly. They spoke good English (no English problems at all in Wiesbaden). Front desk closes at 9 pm.

Lobby/patio/breakfast area had a nice old antique charm (but felt clean). The breakfast area had been renovated and was very clean. Good breakfast with lots of options. Besides the buffet (with fresh bread), they offer to fry you an egg and make whatever coffee drink you ask for. Fresh squeezed OJ too.

Room was spacious for a european single room. I was on the top floor and the bed was in a nook with a window and had a steep ceiling that came down to the floor (see picture). I had to make a conscious effort not to hit my head, but I never did. The decore had an interesting mixture of antique and modern. I liked it. Toilet and shower were a little worn but very clean. I felt comfortable using both.

10 minute walk to downtown walking district. I think this is good because it is in a quiet neighborhood, but still close to the fun stuff.

I liked the breakfast and the friendly staff (family run I think). My least favorite part was probably that the show was a little worn, but as I said it was clean so I didn't mind. The elevator to the 4th floor was slow (in the U.S. it would be the 5th floor since there is no floor 0).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank codyzu
Reviewed 5 June 2011

was visiting my mother recently. stayed with Klemm. Liked everything
1. Hotel Klemm has very best location - it is less than 5 minuites to the centre or Casino, still it is on a very quiet side street
2. Very interesting and stylish lobby, stairs, you will have a feeling of a small luxury french or english hotel
3. full english breakfasts included in the rate, free wi-fi, lovely small garden, excellent staff, minibar drinks are just 1 euro
4. very well kept, you can see that the renovation was some years ago, but it is very very clean
5 excellent price/quality
6 very large rooms (remember - they claim to be 3 star so do not expect any stylish decor in the rooms - it is very good 3 star quality) still everything was OK - large twin bed, very nice linen
the only advise - ask for quiter rooms, they are a bit smaller but are facing the very quite garden and are far from the lifts.
So Hotel Klemm is excellent, but that is not all.
They have an even better apartment which is exactly 10 metres away on the same quiet street. It is huge, it is new, this one is nicely decorated, they charge per day, it has floor to ceiling windows, Saeco coffee machine, free wifi, enormous toilet and shower room, well equiped kitchen. I would say this apartment is way much better than any 5star hotel in Wiesbaden and the rack rate is only 130 Euros as far as I recall. My mother has been staying for more than 3 weeks and she is not tired at all, very comfortable
Definetly recommend Hotel Klemm and their apartment!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Vol-de-Mar888
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I spent four nights in the Klemm in two different rooms (a single and a double) and would definitely go back.

If you come by train, its a bit of a hike from the station, so take a cab if you bring a lot of luggage. I was driving, and so the Klemm's available secure parking was a great feature.

The single room is small, but contains everything I need- a TV and wireless internet connection, bathroom with shower; and the rate was quite reasonable. Double rooms are better, with more space and a bigger shower.

There is a tiny, European-type elevator to get your luggage to the upper floors; but once you have your bags stashed the stairs are quicker.

The staff were uniformly great, very nice people to deal with; and I found the dining room breakfast excellent.

What became my daily ritual while staying at the Klemm was to pick up some takeout food at the end of the day upon my return from Frankfurt (which is a fairly easy commute from Wiesbaden) at a fantastic, hole-in-the-wall pizzeria just around the corner from the hotel.

I highly recommend the Klemm not only for its very reasonable rates and excellent premises, but for the ambiance of the slightly off-beat location. By all means, make sure you go walking around the neighborhood in the evening after your day's business has concluded.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business