“Great Thai Restaurant in Germany”

Restaurant Chookdee Thai
Ranked #64 of 607 Restaurants in Wiesbaden
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Restaurant is decorated very well in the interior. Large menu, and the food is served "Thai Spicy" which is sometimes hard to find in Europe. Ambiance and food both receive high marks. A lot of local Germans were eating here when my wife and I walked in after attending a concert at the Kurhaus. If you like Thai and want a change, this is a very good spot to try.

1  Thank JKL0802

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place has good food, great atmosphere, high prices. Usually quite crowded, so reservation is recommended.

1  Thank TexasEll
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Having had some disappointing meals recently at a Thai restaurant we used to go to (the Royal Orchid), we decided to give this place a try. We were very impressed.
We had a squid salad, duck with cashew nuts and the spicy crisp duck with cauliflower and broccoli. Everything was well-balanced and absolutely wonderful and the portions were generous. (A word of warning though: if you are not keen on spicy food, take the ratings on the menu seriously - three chillies mean 'very spicy' indeed.)
The prices are perhaps a little bit higher than at other Thai places in the area, but the extra Euro or two are well spent. Service was very friendly and efficient. We left having found a new favourite amongst the Thai restaurants in Wiesbaden. Unfortunately, we did not manage to return last weekend, because the Chookdee was fully booked. Reservations are probably essential even on weekdays, because the premises are quite small.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited Chookdee Thai last week and had a very good meal.

The restaurant is relatively small with a split of seated tables and also an 'no shoe area' where you sit on the floor, quite nice I thought. Really nice interior.

The food was pretty good, tasty and plentiful. I went for a mixed sharing platter to start, which was OK. Followed by fried king prawns (extra spicy) for main which was great.

I would say for Thai food it's on the 'higher' end of cost when eating out in Germany.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had dinner in this restaurant due to the opinions in tripadvisor and I was a bit disappointed. I had a coco soup (ok) and a "classic" thai - chicken basil which was much more spicy than basil. Anyway, the food is ok, regularly priced but it is far from "better than Thailand" as some opinions say.