“A Proud Grand Old Dame”
Review of Hotel Nassauer Hof

Hotel Nassauer Hof
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When I first got to know that I'll be staying at this "old" hotel for a business conference, I was a bit worried as some older hotels may look grand on the outside, but the service and the interiors may not ncessarily be up to scratch. Therefore, I was pleasantly surpised by Hotel Nassauer Hof's charm. While the room and decor may not be the most modern or perfect, everyday the room was kept spotlessly clean (this must be one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, compliments to the housekeeping team). The room was also tastefully furnished in my opinion. I thought the paintings in the room and the bathroom were reminiscent of a forgotten era, and completely ties in with the old world charm of the hotel. The front-desk and reception staff were professional and extremely helpful, and they could remember all my requests and follow up on them promptly.

The hotel was also located within walking distance of the town centre and across the road from the casino if your interest run that way. Its also 20mins on foot to the train station or about 8 euros by taxi (Taxis in Wiesbaden are a little expensive in my opinion).

There was a spa on the 5th floor of the hotel, which the staff kindly allowed me to use for freshening up before my flight home. It looked and smelled wonderful and I wish I had the time to use the spa facilities. Seemed that the hotel runs a day-spa packaged. Wished I had the time to try it.

The only suggestion I would have for the hotel management is perhaps they could adopt more environmentally friendly practices. For example, there's no need to replace my towel daily if I leave it on the tower rail and also only remove emptied shampoo and shower gel bottles. Let the guests decide.

All in all, a really charming old world hotel which stands with pride. I will definitely stay again if I have the chance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a terrific hotel,friendly staff,good food and very comfortable rooms which are well appointed ,excellent bathroom.The Hotel is run with German efficiency. centrally situated and very convenient.A place to come back to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What an unexpected delight! We chose this hotel because it was a member of Leading Hotels of the World and we were visiting family who suggested we stay in Weisbaden. The city is lovely and the hotel could not have been more comfortable or accommodating. We arrived early on an overnight flight from the US and were graciously checked into connecting rooms, as requested. The rooms were extremely well laid out and the lighting was excellent. Power outlets to recharge our cell phones and iPads were readily accessible. The concierge was friendly and helpful when asked to arrange an appointment at a nearby hair salon. The area near the hotel is wonderful and pleasant to walk around, many shops and chafes and all casual. The hotel staff was uniformly professional, friendly and attentive. Cannot say enough nice things. We would most definitely return!

Room Tip: If you desire connecting rooms this hotel 's layout is excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very nice staff to welcome you, The hotel is very well located near the city center and all luxurious shops are in walking distance. Wonderful, clean, calm and quiet rooms.Very big bathroom, very well equipped, shower, bathtub...a bottle of still and a bottle of sprakling water offered by the hotel...bar in room with the normal stuff. Enormous big choice for your breakfast.
We tried the restaurant orangerie for lunch upon our arrival.Nicely presented local specialities, big choice in wines.
If the weather allows it, try the outside terrasse with view to the "Kurhaus".

I also visited th SPA on the 5th floor and without pre-booking got an appointment with the super efficient physiotherapist Mr. Fabio for a feet masssage. the best feet massage i ever had, which really relieved my problem...Well done Mr. Fabio and good luck for your future.!!!!!!!!!

Excellent is the way that applies to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

More than comfortable stay there.

Room itself is excellent. Receptionist helpful and friendly. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner smell fantastic and of great quality.

Housekeeping visits 5 times a day to ensure a tidy room. They have several elevators to maximize the privacy to great extent. Breakfast is tasty and full of choices of fruits especially. In the bar, a very sweet girl sings old songs like breeze. Their meeting facility reminds you historical moment.

Pedestriant area and the shops for luxurous brands within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Service, location and facilities at this hotel are all excellent. The staff are "formal" and always available to help. It is one of my favourite hotels anywhere. The hotel is well located near the city centre and trains.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I was on a trip with my girl friend, we stayed at this quiet, well located and nice hotel. The breakfast was delicious, the bread is incredible and the rooms are super clean. You get a free entrance to the casino across the street. This is supposed to be the oldest casino in Germany, or Europe I don't remember well. Our experience at the casino wasn't very fun, as latin americans we are very loud and people in the casino were all quiet and serious, we didn't stay more than 10 minutes inside, we don't like to gamble either so it was ok to say we were there.

The staff is really nice, we had made an appointment for the spa at 7pm earlier that day, we went shopping and didn't make it, we told the receptionist what happened and he smiled at us and called the spa, then he said there wasn't any extra charge for canceling. They are very punctual of course at any time.

The hotel is very well located, you got a lot of stores around to make some shopping, they are not very expensive, i got some nice plates and a door mat for my appartment from a shop behind the hotel, you got traditional food and an amazing gothic church just a few blocks away.

I recommend this hotel if you are staying 2 days or 3 with a couple or if you're doing business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiesbaden
Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kronberg im Taunus
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City
#14 of 45 in Wiesbaden

Been to Hotel Nassauer Hof? Share your experiences!